Beginners and Beyond

This Makes Me Wanna Go Out And Commit... (Read 167 times)

I see a cynical ploy by a major multi-national corporation which sells a product with zero health benefit and which contributes significantly to the obesity epidemic (and thus to increasing the miserable existence of millions of people) to divert attention from their terrible product and the negative health effects it brings by manufacturing "found footage" of "random acts" in order to create a false association in consumers' minds of the "goodness" and "purity" of their product.

Why, what do you see?

That coke makes me faster. So it helps me.

So who pissed in your Cheerios this morning. If it needs to be refilled I can do that for you.

”Failing to prepare is preparing to fail.”

“Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.”

Tomas

Love the Half

It's pretty cool that a huge corporation like Coke can get free footage and make a shitload of money without having to pay production costs.

Short term goal: 17:59 5K

Mid term goal:  2:54:59 marathon

Long term goal: To say I've been a runner half my life.  (I started running at age 45).

Better I Leave

It's pretty cool that a huge corporation like Coke can get free footage and make a shitload of money without having to pay production costs.

I suppose. I don't buy Coca-Cola products, but this did make me feel good about people...that there are "some" people capable of being kind to others. I guess it's rather telling and speaks to the nature of the person who sees something like this and what impression they're left with.

The world is so full of callous, rude people, when I see footage like this it reaffirms my faith in humanity.

GC100k

I think vandalizing a building with the word "Peace" is what will finally bring lasting peace to this world.

Love the Half

My other question is whether some of these are actual security camera videos or carefully choreographed scenes designed to look like security camera videos.

Long term goal: To say I've been a runner half my life.  (I started running at age 45).

My other question is whether some of these are actual security camera videos or carefully choreographed scenes designed to look like security camera videos.

Probably set up and paid for by super big company. They will raise prices. Bastards.

”Failing to prepare is preparing to fail.”

“Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.”

Tomas

Love the Half

Probably set up and paid for by super big company. They will raise prices. Bastards.

Oh well, I'm a Diet Pepsi drinker.

Luke79

Dave, thanks for sharing that video.  Random acts of kindness are wonderful, and mean people suck.

This video makes me feel the way I imagine that coke video makes you feel...I'm sure you've all seen it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vr3x_RRJdd4

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Dave I thought you already were committed once....  Wink

Nice video, but.....the guy that pushed the vehicle out of the path of the train...why in the world did he run BACK across the track after he'd already gotten the vehicle over.....he was already out of the train's  path....and then put himself at risk again?  Duhhh.....

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt