Beginners and Beyond

WednesDAILIES are like snowflakes (Read 39 times)

LRB

Say, speaking of snowflakes, I think I will go run in 12 degree temperatures.  Bahawahaha!

Seriously, what else can you do at this point?  You either bundle up, hit the pavement and laugh your ass off, or cry like a baby on your way to the gym to run on the belt while looking up at the sky asking why?  Why?  Why?

I will take the former.

How is the weather in your part of the internet?

Good morning, everyone.

Rick, thank you for starting today's thread. Enjoy the outdoors.

I'm on my way to the gym for forty-five minutes of cardio.

The weather here? It's 30F with a feels-like of 18F.

I got 9 degrees, windchill of 0, dusting of snow on the ground. REALLY??

8 on the treadmill with 5 at tempo.

Dave

DaveP MI, excellent eight.

Forty-five minute on the AMT: done. After work, I'll do the  short (3.50 miles) loop with the running group.

happylily

Morning! Yes, we all know, here in Winterland, that winter isn't really over until March is completely gone.

15 miles easy pace after work.

Have a great day!

EDIT: Thanks, Zelanie and LRB, for your support and tips on intervals. I really appreciated. I'm sure you'll hear more of my whining in the weeks to come. :-)

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Good morning!!!! I have been MIA for awhile!!

The last month has been very "meh".... my immune system staged a total revolt and caught EVERYTHING going around. I had 2 different stomach viruses and a head cold turned laryngitis all in the past few weeks. I was able to run in between times I felt shitty, but there were several days I couldn't do much but lay on my bathroom floor and pray for death. As a result I had 3 low mileage weeks in a row. But this past week I finally got back to a normal running schedule and managed a 19 mile week, my most since my injury. I have a 5K on Saturday. I mayyyyy try to PR but I will decide as I'm running. Lol. Hope all is well with you guys.....sorry I disappeared for awhile Sad

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

delicate flower

Hidee ho, kiddos!  The weather today is cloudy and windy.  I ain't running in 40 mph winds.  There is a blizzard off the east coast that is just missing us but we're getting the wind.  Sooooo.....

8 treadmill miles before work today.  I set out to run easy and maybe do a mile or two at GMP.  I ended up doing 7 miles at GMP.  Good run.  And last night I did 8 easy on the outside pavement.  So, my run this morning felt like the second half of a double.  Ok then.

It's been a weird morning.  I heard songs by Van Halen with David Lee Roth, Van Halen with Sammy Hagar, David Lee Roth solo, and Sammy Hagar solo.  What the hell is happening today?

<3

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Yesterday after work I did 3.4 miles of paved roads and groomed trails in Brackenridge Park, a very popular San Antonio city park that is adjacent to the San Antonio Zoo.  Beautiful weather, 70 degrees, sunny, light wind, low humdity/dewpoint.   Part of the park roads and trails go along the river, so that was nice and scenic...green lawns full of picnickers by the river, ducks and geese in the water and diamond-like sun-flecks sparkling off the water, and also as I ran I enjoyed my local ' oldies classic rock' station which plays a set of 106 minutes non-stop music every day starting at 4:30 pm.  Perfect, since I get off work at 4 p.m. and am usually out there by 4:30 p.m.    Very nice run/walk.

Today the weather is totally different.  Only going up to 60, thunderstorms all day, lots of wind, with gusts at 25-30 mph.  Non-running day for me, plan to go to the gym after work and do my weight training circuit.  I am trying to behave myself in that area and be more consistent.  Which I really need to do, since this program designed for me by my PT is to help with my arthritis.

Damaris, congrats on your run last night...welcome back to hot-run Miami!

Basya, congrats on getting into MCM!  Hope you get into NYCM too!

12 degrees!  Dang, LRB!  And snow for you, DaveP?   I saw last night that the Weather Channel reported yet another snow-storm will be hitting the North and Northeast, sheesh!  Like y'all are moving into a new Ice Age or permanent winter!  I sure hope your weather improves and STAYS that way for you for a while.

Good luck with the 15 miles, Lily.  Will these be TM miles or will you brave the cold and do outside miles?

((((Kristin)....sorry you went through all THAT!  Glad you are feeling better!  Good luck with your upcoming 5K.  I would suggest not to push it after all you've been through, just run easy with this first 'comeback' one and have fun with it, build back up for a while to your speedy self and then chase the PRs after you are back at full-strength.

Stay safe in those high winds, Baboon!

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

HobbitLegs

elevenses

Good morning everyone, NO meetings today! I'll actually get some work done. I'll do 5 or so after work.

Kristin - good to see you back!

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

9 frigid miles for me and Rocky, made the mistake of assuming I wouldn't need my light wind jacket or even my warmer gloves for extra warmth.... So 19 degrees really fucking sucked. BUT I will take it over a treadmill.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  SRD or a bike ride.  Not sure which.  I'm tired, so leaning towards an SRD unless hubby wants to bike.

Court all morning, but I'll be back.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Morning!  SRD or a bike ride.  Not sure which.  I'm tired, so leaning towards an SRD unless hubby wants to bike.

Court all morning, but I'll be back.

Try to be a little nice to the poor soul whose ass you are gonna kick.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

Top of the morning and happy  - well, you know what day it is!

SRD for me, a bit sore from yesterday. As usual.

I will be cross-training with the chain saw today, as a 50 foot oak has fallen into my yard. I knew it was going to come down eventually, so I pre-cut it to direct the fall. That was probably a good thing since it landed on the grass instead of the house.

Anyway, I'll be cutting it up and stacking it.

Anyone know where I can get an old-fashioned iron fire ring?

Tom (formerly known as PhotogTom)

5K - 25:16, 10K - 55:31,  15K - 1:20:55,   HM - 1:54:54

Docket_Rocket

Try to be a little nice to the poor soul whose ass you are gonna kick.

That poor soul does not know what he is doing and just amended the bankruptcy schedules for the 5th time.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

StepbyStep-SH

I have 12 miles with hill repeats planned as soon as I drop DS off at school. Not looking forward to "feels like" temps in the single digits, but I really want to avoid the TM. I have a nice steep hill (.3 miles long, with the last half of that at 5-7% grade) which I will probably run up 10 times, split into two sets of 5 with 2 mile break and a longer hill in between. I expect this run to be slow, but should be good for strength and still get my heart rate up.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.