Beginners and Beyond

It's Friday, Friday, gotta get down on Friday... Penguins. (Read 28 times)

Dad on the run.

The "Penguin" daily threads were originally conceived to emphasize that all members of the community have a place on the boards. Encouragement, motivation, a little love nip (you will love one, give it a try!) or even a little kick in the pants when needed -- it can happen here. Basically, we celebrate just getting out there and moving our tails!What is "slow"? "Slow" is a perception but one of the common benchmarks is the 10:00/mi pace; but there's no firm line. In fact, there are many of us that have slipped past this, and just hope that no one notices and revokes their "igloo privileges." It can be confusing for the forum newbies, but we're not one of the teams in any of the fine games. It's a totally open group, so stop lurking, post an introduction of yourself dive in and join the fun! No application necessary! There might even be a lovely picture for Scotty (we love pics!)

Chasing the sub 20 5K.

Dad on the run.

Just FYI, that is possibly one of the worst songs ever!

So, our run last night went well. My buddy had to do yard work so him and his wife didn't get to run with us. I was "suppose" to run at recovery speed which for me is around 11m/m, however I did 4 miles at like 10:05 with stroller and dogs :/ .... oops.

We still went over for dinner though and had a great time, my buddy and I talked while our wives stole the coloring books and crayons from Ella Kate...

We are suppose to be running tonight but with a 56% chance of rain it may or may not happen. I really hope we run tonight and I'm going to do some hill work tomorrow. That will make the first week ever I ran 6 out of 7 days and so far I'm still feeling great!

Chasing the sub 20 5K.

Bin Running

It's a bad song but the MTV is kind of addictive.. haa

Jimmy, hope the weather behaves for you.

AFM, 3 recovery miles done..  Watching Iron Man this weekend.. Yeah!

2015 Races

2XU HM - 29 Mar

hog4life

4.5 last night with the running group. It WILL be raining for tomorrow's race.

Hi everyone that checks in later.

Philliefan33

good morning Jimmy, Bin,  Mitch and everyone who comes in later.

I did 4.5 miles at my typical easy pace last night, so I think my legs are recovered from the race.  I probably won't do a LR this weekend, just because.  I need a little mental break from training -- I'm going to just play it by ear for a couple of weeks.

I'll be off the grid this weekend -- good luck to the racers and I'll catch up on Sunday.

Don't call me Buttercup!

LOL! I was just singing that stupid, stupid song... then I come here and this is posted.  Priceless.

Not running today, just wanted to say HI. =)

Slow and steady wins the....  wait a second! I've been lied to! 

fitfatboy

More cowbell!

Mornin' waddlers!

URD yesterday.  Wednesday's bike commute took a little more outta the legs than expected.  Went to the Cap City HM expo instead.  2-3 easy miles tonight.  HM Saturday pacing my groupies through their first HM.

Jimmy-Rain could mean some serious puddle jumping with your daughter...

Bin-Enjoy.  Gonna be a great summer for Marvel movies

Phillie-Enjoy the rest and recharge the batteries.

Hi hog and Di!

STILL HAVING FUN!!!

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Crazy damn weather continues!  Flippin'  42 degrees this morning, WTH?  As someone said yesterday, Mother Nature must be off her meds.  The wind is still blowing, but at least it will be very sunny today and a high of the low 60s.   Temp for my 5K start time tomorrow will still be chilly at 44 degrees!   Today is a rest day for me.  Will pick up my 5K race packet  after work today.

Get Down Friday....I've got some old-time 70s stuff on my internet radio and I'm 'desk dancing' in my desk chair, movin' to the groovin', lol. My chair apparently needs some WD40 cuz as I move to-and-fro in my chair, it is "keeeping time" with me by squeaking very loudly.  Either that, or it's aged old butt-and-hips making those sounds.... Joking

Well, you still got a run in Jimmy, so good on ya!  Hope you and friends get to run tonite.

Congrats on the miles, bin.  Let us know how the movie is!

Good luck with your race tomorrow, Mitch.  Hope there is no lightning with that rain!

Congrats on getting your run in, Margo, glad your legs are feeling good.  Enjoy your mental break from training.

Enjoy your rest day, Di!

Good luck with the half tomorrow, 2FBoy!

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

hahahahaha LOVE the thread title. Still feel like garbage....bah!

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

One Half So Far

Mornin, amigos.

Jimmy: 11:00, 10:05....it's all the same. Smile

Bin: Iron Man should be good.  I guessed Singapore because you said chicken rice.  If you had said chili crab, I also would have guessed Singapore.

Mitch: Hi to you too.  Have fun in the rain tomorrow.

Margo: Have fun away from the grid Smile

Di: Hi to you three.

Fit: Have fun with your pacing!

Scotty: Was gonna say, that's not your chair...how many races you doing this weekend?

Kristin: +1 on bah.  Get better.

AFM, I should do some miles today.  Will do an easy 5 or so, which means something between 3 and 6. Another day of giving tests.  Funtimes.

Have a good day, amigos.

~Jeff~

PR: 5K 26:34 (Would have been faster if I hadn't had to tie my shoe), 5M: 43:10, 10K: 54:51. First HM 4/14/13 2:03:23

6/1: Moonlight 5M, Springfield 43:10

7/4 Butte to Butte 10K, Eugene

7/21 Run in the Country HM, Coburg

Another HM sometime in October or November.  Several to choose from.

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Happy Friday, Pens...

JBJ: Perhaps your pace is getting faster and that's why you were going at 10:05?

Bin: Enjoy the movie and good work on the three.

hog: Good luck with the rain. I bet that can ruin a fun race.

PF:  Good choice on not doing a long run this week. In my opinion it's still too soon. Next week is the better choice. My legs are almost back as well. Smile

fatboy: Good luck in the HM. Do you have a goal?

Scotty: I wish it was cool here! 96 today!! Thankfully, it will be back to the 70's tomorrow. Have fun at your 5k (I know you will)!

kristin: How can.a Foo Fighters fan like that song?! Come on...

Di: hey!

As for me it is looking like a night run to avoid the heat. I might stretch it and go five.  Big swim meet all weekend with younger DD so running could be spotty. Enjoy the weekend, Pens!

Zelanie

Morning, penguins!  I called and scheduled an appointment for my knee.  The first place I called didn't have anything available until June.  June!  I did make an appointment and asked to be put on their cancellations list.  But then I called the other place that was recommended to me, and they at least have an appointment on May 20th.  But I'm not going to cancel the first appt. because they might get me in for a cancellation, or I might end up hating the first guy, or whatever.  So it's no news until May 20 unless I get a call from them.

In the mean time I think I'm going to aim to walk between 20-30 miles a week, plus daily foam rolling and every other day myrtls.  Last week's rest seemed to do some good, so I'm hoping more rest will help.

Yesterday I got started by hitting a blood drive, walking 5 miles, and myrtls.  Forgot to roll, though.  Oops!  I was up late watching Golden State try really hard to lose Game 6.

Jimmy- You can run in the rain, you know!  If I didn't do that, I'd only run like 3 months out of the year!

Bin- Enjoy the movie!

Mitch- Good luck tomorrow!

Margo- Have a good weekend!

Hi, Di!

FFB- That's awesome that you're going to be a pacer!  I hope you all have a great race!

Scotty- Sounds like some nasty weather down there!  Meanwhile, I think it hit 80 yesterday up here.

kristin- Feel better!

Jeff- Have a good day assessing America's youth!  Sounds like a good day to work on your training plan and obsess about workouts.

Zelanie

Hi Jack!  Good luck to DD this weekend!

One Half So Far

Jack: Have fun at swim meet!

Zel: Either that, or look at funny pictures of cats, or something...

~Jeff~

PR: 5K 26:34 (Would have been faster if I hadn't had to tie my shoe), 5M: 43:10, 10K: 54:51. First HM 4/14/13 2:03:23

6/1: Moonlight 5M, Springfield 43:10

7/4 Butte to Butte 10K, Eugene

7/21 Run in the Country HM, Coburg

Another HM sometime in October or November.  Several to choose from.

Singer who runs a smidge

Morning, Penguins!!  SRD for me today, although I brought my gear in for a swim, if that works out.  I have a budget meeting at 11:00, and then I have to pull my instrument apart and clean it, because it got schmegged up with some samples.  So I might have some time after cleaning, while things are pumping back down.

jblack -- you need this song instead!!

Bin -- enjoy the movie!!

hog -- sorry about the rain, but at least you have time to prepare!!

Phillie -- woo-hoo for being off the grid!!

Di -- good morning!!

fitfat -- enjoy the pacing tomorrow!!

scotty -- winter has found you at last!!

kristin -- sorry you're still feeling bad!!

JDrumm -- enjoy the torturing ... I mean ... test-giving!!

Jack -- have a good night run!!

Zelanie -- I hate that the appointments are so far out.  Seriously, if that many people need to see a doc, hire more docs!!

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.