Beginners and Beyond

Too Many Cookies TuesDAILIES (Read 45 times)

StepbyStep-SH

What's cooking? What's up? How's it hanging?

WHAZZZZUPPPP?!?

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

StepbyStep-SH

I have eaten way too many of my "not-pretty, but tasty" oatmeal cookies. I'm not sure I can even justify it as "carb-loading" for Sunday. Oops.

Today calls for an easy 4-6 miles on the TM, hour strength training class, and lunch with friends (the most important part!).

The car started this morning - I tried it early so I would have time to plug in the battery charger if needed. I have set an appointment to have it checked over and see if I need a new battery, or there is a drain somewhere, or what the deal is.

Still fighting a bit of a cold and trying to figure out the logistics of dealing with it during Sunday's race, if I'm still stuffed up then. I have a feeling that on an indoor track snot rockets would be a no-no.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Temperature of 22 degrees, with a wind chill of 7. Wind speed of 18 mph (N) with gusts of 36 mph................ yep I am so glad I am not running outside this morning 

Today I've got push ups, some upper body strength training to do and coffee.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

happylily

Step, you sound like LRB this morning. lol... A home with home made cookies is a happy home.  I hope you feel better in time for the weekend. Don't overdo it!

FS, stay warm today! It got much colder here too.

10 with some tempo miles after work for me

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

delicate flower

HAPPY TUESDAY AS THESE THINGS GO AND I HAVE RUN UPDATES!

Yesterday:  9.3 meh miles at 8:59 pace.  My legs were heavy and I had an unintentional reverse progression thing going.  I wasn't working too hard according to my heart rate, but my legs would not turn over any faster.  Still a decent run for a bad run.

This morning:  8 treadmill miles before work.  5 x 1 mile at GMP with half mile recoveries.  7:40 avg pace.  That's more like it.

Today is going to be a long day of work.  3 of my 6 staff members are out and we've got payroll to run.

<3

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Can someone wish away this damn cold front, I am ready for summer....... or at least Spring.

Step, you sound like LRB this morning. lol... A home with home made cookies is a happy home.  I hope you feel better in time for the weekend. Don't overdo it!

FS, stay warm today! It got much colder here too.

10 with some tempo miles after work for me

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  Maybe SRD, maybe a run.  Still sick but asthma feels much better.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

LRB

'Sup yo!

Today is the beginning of my half marathon plan and yep,  I already missed a workout!

It was 4 degrees this morning and I have come to the conclusion that running super fast when it is pitch black dark out with temps in the single digits is not such a good idea in my new neighborhood.  lol  Not until everyone figures out what it is I am doing that is, as not a single soul runs where I live.  Not one.

I did 7 easy on the belt instead and will adjust my plan accordingly moving forward, something I fully anticipated what with having to train at this time of of the year.

Thought I felt a cold coming on last night, sneezing/runny nose etc. Took some Alka-Selzer cold medicine before bedtime. Which made it especially difficult to get up this morning, that stuff knocks you out pretty good. Nonetheless, managed to drag my ass out of bed early enough to get in 8 treadmill miles before work. Had to take a break midway through to wake up the wife & kids, who were busy oversleeping for school. Bah, it's only finals week, no biggie.

Have a good day everyone. It's effing cold out there - I showed 1F/-16F windchill this morning.

Dave

happylily

It was 4 degrees this morning and I have come to the conclusion that running super fast when it is pitch black dark out with temps in the single digits is not such a good idea in my new neighborhood.  lol  Not until everyone figures out what it is I am doing that is, as not a single soul runs where I live.  Not one.

I did 7 easy on the belt instead and will adjust my plan accordingly moving forward, something I fully anticipated what with having to train at this time of of the year.

Why not do the super fast workout on the treadmill?

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

redrum

Caretaker/Overlook Hotel

Can someone wish away this damn cold front, I am ready for summer....... or at least Spring.

Come out here to So Cal.

Supposed to be 84 degrees today here!!!  NOT KIDDING!! 

Great weather, but unless we get some rain, we're screwed for water.  The lawn-sprinkler police will start showing up soon. 

Randy

Docket_Rocket

Wishing for Summer is prohibited!  The end!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

LRB

Why not do the super fast workout on the treadmill?

Skipping a Tuesday speed work session actually is something I have done periodically over the past year and a half just as a precaution.

Today I decided around mile 3 to just run easy for no other reason than to not push things too far coming off an aggressive "R" pace workout Saturday.

It had nothing to do with the treadmill and everything to do with self preservation.

Brrrrrrr

Uffda

Morning. I feel for outside runners on mornings like this. Another frigid one. I keep hoping that I'll see 30 degree weather in the extended forecast.

MLR today, but a cut-back week, so I did 9 miles on the TM. I brought DD to story time at the local library last night. She was not very good. She's at an age where she doesn't sit still, so it didn't make for a very good story half-hour. I mostly chased her through the rows of the library. She got a big kick from hammering on the keyboards of the PCs.

She's kinda been a little funky, but if she's in good spirits today then DD and I will go to parent/child swimming tonight. I'm not going to push it though in case she is sick. DW hasn't been feeling very good either so I don't want to put any pressure on the situation and insist on making every single swimming lesson. I live in a house with two females that don't feel very well and I just need to remember: I'm outnumbered.

Have a great day everyone, and stay warm!

- Andrew

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

D.

Redrum I am tempted, I am tired of this crap. I can deal with anything as low as 20 degrees and be satisfied but below that is pissing me off.

PRs