Beginners and Beyond

It's Friday, Penguins, I'm in love! (Read 21 times)

Singer who runs a smidge

The "Penguin" daily threads were originally conceived to emphasize that all members of the community have a place on the boards. Encouragement, motivation, a little love nip (you will love one, give it a try!) or even a little kick in the pants when needed -- it can happen here. Basically, we celebrate just getting out there and moving our tails! What is "slow"? "Slow" is a perception but one of the common benchmarks is the 10:00/mi pace; but there's no firm line. In fact, there are many of us that have slipped past this, and just hope that no one notices and revokes their "igloo privileges." It can be confusing for the forum newbies, but we're not one of the teams in any of the fine games. It's a totally open group, so stop lurking, post an introduction of yourself dive in and join the fun! No application necessary! There might even be a lovely picture for Scotty (we love pics!)

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

Singer who runs a smidge

Morning, Penguins!!  I'm all sleepy after last night's rehearsal, which always gets me in bed around 11:00.  So 5AM came way too early!

But here's a Friday song for you, wake up!

The Cure - Friday I'm In Love

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

LRB

Morning, Penguins!!  I'm all sleepy after last night's rehearsal, which always gets me in bed around 11:00.  So 5AM came way too early!

But here's a Friday song for you, wake up!

The Cure - Friday I'm In Love

Hi!

Dad on the run.

@Ginny - I have a 1/2 marathon planned for Sept. Looking to actually run a sub 2 this year. After my failure last year (2:00:07) I'm seeking redemption.

Chasing the sub 20 5K.

PADRunner

Morning 5.6 done. 5k tomorrow.

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  I am back in Miami, sorry for being MIA.  I have Pilates and 5-8 miles after work.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Singer who runs a smidge

Morning!  I am back in Miami, sorry for being MIA.  I have Pilates and 5-8 miles after work.

No excuses!  40 lashes with a wet noodle!

Docket_Rocket

Sniff.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Singer who runs a smidge

Don't worry, it's a pool noodle, and the cabana boy will be by any minute with fruity drinks!!  Where's LRB ...

GinnyinPA

HM - and did you get your PT done at that early hour?

DR - did you learn anything useful at your conference?  Good luck with your miles this evening.

Jimmy - I know what you mean.  I got 2:00:53 at my HM in March. I really want to get under 2:00.

Cool and cloudy here.  I'll probably do 4-6 later.

LRB - Hi!

Jill.

Penguin Power!

Morning all. This morning I went to the nature preserve to walk the dogs and then blueberry picking at the local blueberry farm Smile I am possibly eating blueberry pie from said farm instead of running right now but I had to celebrate the Supreme Court decision with my mom Wink I'll try to run this evening once it cools down. I could also run the shaded trails but they are sandy and not very hard packed here.

Upcoming Races: Run as One 4M (4/24) * Japan Run 4M (5/8) * Brooklyn Half (5/21) 

Docket_Rocket

LOL, Hope.

Ginny, These are very good training sessions, and I also like that I get to meet people from all over the country (same office and all).  It's nice to share war stories.  How is your knee doing?  Enjoy your run.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

Singer who runs a smidge

HM - and did you get your PT done at that early hour?

Um ... no. 

Zelanie

Hey guys, we are home.  I'm feeling a little run down from the trip, but still hoping to get some miles in this evening.

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Back from Summerfest in Milwaukee.  Had a great time.  Very crowded for a week night and it was chilly.   We were going to run on the huge quarter mile running track at the Pettit National Ice Center this morning, but for some reason, I was a little quesy, so we just drove over and checked it out.  Might have to try it this winter when we tire of our tracks. Ran 3.7 after we returned home.  Nap/Beer time.