Beginners and Beyond

Penguin's Beer Me SaturDAILEY (Read 25 times)

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

The "Penguin" daily threads were originally conceived to emphasize that all members of the community have a place on the boards. Encouragement, motivation, a little love nip (you will love one, give it a try!) or even a little kick in the pants when needed -- it can happen here.

Basically, we celebrate just getting out there and moving our tails!What is "slow"? "Slow" is a perception but one of the common benchmarks is the 10:00/mi pace; but there's no firm line. In fact, there are many of us that have slipped past this, and just hope that no one notices and revokes their "igloo privileges."

It can be confusing for the forum newbies, but we're not one of the teams in any of the fine games. It's a totally open group, so stop lurking, post an introduction of yourself dive in and join the fun! No application necessary! There might even be a lovely picture for Scotty (we love pics!)

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Happy Drink Beer Day !!!!

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  8 miles tonight.  And of course, beer.  I cannot let such a holiday pass, no?

Jerry, morning!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Bin Running

Happy weekend all. Went to the gynae and he said DD is not ready yet. Waiting game.

16M done. Legs is struggling after 14M. I ran 6 w/ 4 @ MP to try running on tired legs. Seem like it worked. Does that mean that my legs is weak? Hill training?

2015 Races

2XU HM - 29 Mar

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Going to take a Evanston lakefront run when DW gets back from Curves.  Ironically, Evanston just opened its first brewery, Temperance.

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Hi Pens...

I got to bed at 2, was up at 5:30 to do my 5 mile recovery run, and now we are off to the XC meet for older DD and THEN the swim meet for younger DD.

Jerry: I will be partaking in that "holiday" tonight. Smile

Docket: Cool avatar!!

Bin: If your legs don't don't like the LRs, I would run them EASY and not worry about MP.

Hi everyone and have a good day.

Bin Running

Jack, only 3 hrs of sleep. You are a superman.

2015 Races

2XU HM - 29 Mar

PADRunner

Morning all. 4 easy done.

Fuel exp. 1/2 PB&J 45 min before run. Fail!

Zelanie

Morning!  SRD here, race tomorrow.  The storms have started, and are only supposed to increase over the weekend.  I guess we're getting the tail end of some typhoon up here?

Jerry- I hope you mean drink been and run at least a mile?

D- Hiya!

Bin- I know you will be holding your new DD soon!  As far as running, I think quality work is supposed to make us feel like that.  But is also makes us stronger, right?

Jack- Good luck to the DDs, and I hope the videos from your gig come out well!

PAD- I like to have at least 2 hours between eating and running.

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Happy Birthday HopesMom !!!

Awood_Runner

Smaller By The Day

I loved the race, but hated the hills.  1:46:50.

Improvements

Weight 100 pounds lost

5K 31:02 Sept. 2012 / 23:36 Sept. 2013 (Same Course)

10K 48:59 April 2013

HM 2:03:56 Nov. 2012 / 1:46:50 March 2013

MARATHON 3:57:33 Nov. 2013

GinnyinPA

Awood - congratulations on the new PR, especially if it was hilly.

PADRunner - fail because you didn't have enough energy, or because it upset your stomach?  I've been okay on short runs if I eat an hour before running, but longer runs need more time before I can run, except for bananas, which I can eat just before running out the door.

Jerry - isn't every day beer day?  We also have a fairly new brewery, Roy Pitz.  It is quite good, but the beer is expensive, even for a craft brew.  One of our local restaurants (Texas Roadhouse) sells it.    Enjoy your lakeside run.

Damaris - enjoy your run later.

Bin - maybe the questions is, how did you do with fuel and hydration?  How about sleep?  When did the doctor say your baby will be ready to be born?

Jack - good job getting out so early after so little sleep.  Good luck to your daughters.

Z - good luck with your 10k tomorrow.  I heard about the storm.  I hope it doesn't interfere with your race.

Happy Birthday HopesMom.

Gustav1

Fear is a Liar

Good afternoon Penguins!

Well I was supposed to do one of my favorite 5k races this morning but work decided otherwise. Oh well, there will be others. I had to get the cooling running for a rehab facility - it was out in the therapy areas and some patient rooms. Hey at least I can go home and run - these folks can't.

I'm so vegetarian I don't even eat animal crackers!

SheCan

Morning friends!

Happy birthday HopesMom!!!!

Great time on the hilly race, Awood-- Congratulations!

Docket, I love the new avatar.  I need to incorporate my cats into mine somehow!

Today instead of running, I did highway cleanup with my neighborhood.

Cherie

"We do not become the people who this world needs simply by turning our backs on anyone we don’t like, trust, or deem healthy enough to be in our presence. "  ---- Shasta Nelson

Docket_Rocket

Great job, Awood!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page