Beginners and Beyond

SUSPECT IDENTIFIED (Read 244 times)

Buelligan

Details are sketchy and I would hate to spread rumour and innuendo, but here's the link...

http://www.cnn.com/2013/04/17/us/boston-blasts/index.html

Docket_Rocket

I was just about to post this.  Thanks.

Sounds like all the cameras at the event came in handy.  Fucking idiot (him, not you).

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Fingers crossed...

Hip Redux

I just saw this.  I hope it's a real break.

Buelligan

Fucking idiot (him, not you).

Oh, I've had my moments.  Believe me.

I hope some real progress is being made in the investigation and it's not another deal like in Atlanta where they relentlessly hounded a guy who should be been lauded a hero as a suspect in the Olympic bombing.

Hip Redux

Oh, I've had my moments.  Believe me.

I hope some real progress is being made in the investigation and it's not another deal like in Atlanta where they relentlessly hounded a guy who should be been lauded a hero as a suspect in the Olympic bombing.

We were talking on our run today about how it was a long time before they caught Tim McVeigh too.

I think we would all be more comfortable knowing this SOB was caught, that's for sure.

Buelligan

Press conference at 5PM EST....

http://rt.com/usa/boston-bombing-identified-suspect-014/

"According to CNN’s sources, surveillance video from a Lord and Taylor department store and a local television station are believed to have helped authorities identify the person sought responsible for Monday’s incident, which US President Barack Obama said on Tuesday is being investigated as an act of terror.

CNN’s John King reports from Boston that the video footage helped police narrow in on a person being considered a suspect in the attack “to such detail, I’m told, that they believe they have a clear identification, including a facial image of a suspect.”

The footage, sources say, show the suspect carrying and perhaps placing down a black bag that is thought to have contained a bomb that was detonated at the second of two crime scenes near the finish line of the annual Boston Marathon just before 3 p.m. on Monday.

The mayor of Boston, Massachusetts has confirmed that a suspect was ID’d, and officials are expected to speak to the press at 5 p.m. Wednesday afternoon. According to sources speaking to the Boston Globe, authorities may publicize their findings at that briefing."

flarunner

CNN is now reporting that the suspect has been arrested. Based on two independent videos.

Buelligan

The link reports that it may be a dark skinned male, whatever that means.  I have dark skin in the summertime.

Whoever it is and whatever his background may be, I hope the people of Boston don't go apeshit and start lynching people.  Boston is a hardcore, tough town.   I could easily see things getting way out of hand.

Maybe I've just read too many Whitey Bulger stories.

Love the Half

Buelligan, I'm optimistic there won't be an overreaction to this other than from a few dumbasses.  We shall see if I am correct.

Short term goal: 17:59 5K

Mid term goal:  2:54:59 marathon

Long term goal: To say I've been a runner half my life.  (I started running at age 45).

delicate flower

It'll be interesting to see if the sleuths at reddit/4chan turn out to be correct.   Some interesting stuff they've posted.

<3

Hip Redux

Boston is so diverse, I can't imagine a recoil if it is a "dark skinned person" but stranger things have happened.

I say we take this guy and put him in the bleachers in Fenway on baseball bat give-away day.

Buelligan

It'll be interesting to see if the sleuths at reddit/4chan turn out to be correct.   Some interesting stuff they've posted.

Could you give us a condensed version of what you read there?

Docket_Rocket

Seems like an arrest has been made, depending on which newscast you read/watch.  Either imminent or made.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

delicate flower

Could you give us a condensed version of what you read there?

They think they found two suspects based on photos.  They compared photos of the bomb debris (bomb and backpacks) to photos of two guys' activity near the bomb sites.  The guys were carrying the bags and then they weren't.  The bags looked like they could theoretically be holding pressure cookers, based on the shape and sag (good, closeup photos).  The bags they were carrying matched the photo of the exploded bag that's been found.  In one photo, one of the guys is fiddling with his bag on the ground and right near him in the photo is the 8 year old that died.  It could all be coincidental and these are internet amatuers, but it'll be interesting if they are correct.  The photos were at least enough for me to think "Huh...look at that."

<3