Beginners and Beyond

FRIDAILIES Didn't Do It, We Swear! (Read 55 times)

Big grinWELCOME TO THE DAILIES THREAD! Big grin

Anyone and everyone can post your runs, cross-training, abdominal work, rest days, race plans, training questions, etc.. The only stupid question is the one you did not post. There’s a great mix of beginners and veterans, runners and walkers, and maniacs and returners from injury, to running. We're all a little crazy here, too! While this thread is a terrific source of motivation for runners and serves as outstanding accountability, you’ll quickly find this remarkable group to be highly supportive of all life experiences. So, come on in, put your feet up, and stay a while (not literally)! And whoever is up first is welcome to start the thread and we definitely keep some weird hours around here.

Good morningSmile

I've already dropped and done my thirty push-ups. In few minutes, I'll head out for about an hour.

I'm happy. I've officially registered for the 2013 Baystate MarathonSmile

LRB

What up, B!

That sound you hear is my ass draggin' across the floor!  I have had consecutive nights of not getting to bed until well after eleven one night, and after midnight last night.  So as with years past, my adjustment to the spring time change has thus been forced upon me.

I will be running in about an hour and fifteen minutes.  It's 34 degrees.  Hmm, I wonder can I lose my jacket?  Big grin

flarunner

Mornin' Kidlets!

An easy, tapering 5 this morning. It was 47 degrees out. I had to put on gloves!

BruceD555 - I can always give you a call when I get up. Wink

Have a good day everyone! Stay warm. Stay dry. Stay safe.

@runjerseygirl

Morning.  Still not sure what I'm going to do.  Either 4 miles or lifting at lunch.

Irish coffee, anyone?

Do you even run?

Luke79

Morning guys.  SRD here.  Have a great Friday!

Kay, I vote run

LRB, lose the jacket...DOO EEET.

Basya, grats on registering for the marathon...and GL with training, again Smile

Fla, I will stay very warm...high of 80° today!

You guys ar up and at it early today. So happy it's Friday and a SRD for me. Tempted to run later after work, it's getting to 60 degrees today but ill wait till tomorrow .

First Race

Hot Chocolate 5K Chicago November 4, 2012 30:17

Second Race

Penguin in the Park 5K Decatur Illinois March 23,2013 27:08

Scott

Rick, enjoy your run.

flarunner, bravo on the five.

Kay, have fun with whatever you do.

Luke, have a great SRD.

Scott, you, too, have a great SRD.

4.01 done in 39:29. 9:51 pace. 20F. Feels like 4F. Brrr!!!

Morning & Happy Friday all!

Basya  congrats on registering for Baystate! Next year: Boston!

LRB, yeah I have been up late all week too...if only we could also start work later. To me, >30 deg is 2 shirts & no jacket, as long as it's not too windy.

Flarunner (aka FloRida), good early run as always. So that was your brutal temp, what about your windchill?

Kay (aka Spinderella), what are you going to do? Looks like you just showed us a picture of it! Never too early, it's Friday after all, and St. Patty's eve eve.

Luke, enjoy the rest & the warmth, while most of the st of us get neither.Smile

I am thinking 8ish after work today. "Warming" up to upper 30's, although expecting some kind of precipitation, snow/rain/mess.

Have a great day everyone!

Dave

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Morning! Happy Friday!

Good luck to all weekend racers!

Basya awesome that you will do another marathon!

I went to yoga last night because I will be at my boyfriend's this weekend and therefore can't get to yoga. About 2/3 of the way through class I felt a pain in my lower leg. Not quite my shin, not quite my calf, right along the side, above my ankle. It still hurts when I walk. I iced it, wore compression sleeves to bed, used a heating pad, and iced it this morning. Still hurts. UGH as if I needed this!!! If I have another injury I swear to God....   I have no idea how I did it either, if I tweaked it during my run yesterday and it took that long to show up, or the brisk mile walk I had to the yoga studio, or in yoga....I don't remember doing anything to it it just started hurting. Arg.

Happy Friday!

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

delicate flower

Goooooood morning, my little Chuckles and Chicklets!  I had another good PT apppointment yesterday.  I did all sorts of new exercises and didn't feel any pain or discomfort.  I've got 90% of my range of motion back.  PT Boss told me not to push the last 10% and to let the meniscus heal.  Plus, I got clearance to use the spin bike again.  That was unexpected.  HOORAY!  I can finally start real cardio work and break some serious sweat.  I pedaled for 30 easy minutes when I got home last night.  60 minutes planned tonight.  My cycling is going to be pretty strong by the time I can ride a bike again.

Happy Friday!

<3

Robert31320

Team TJ

Good morning Dailies.

Lunchtime running for me today.  If all goes well with work this morning, I won't be working after lunch so it will let me do whatever miles I feel like.

Y'all come see us.

Running for TJ because he can't.

Next year: Boston!

From your mouth to G-d's ears.

DaveP MI, enjoy your post-work run. 30s sounds dreamy.

kristin10185, yikes!

Great news, Phil!! Happy Spinning!!!

Robert, have a wonderful run after lunch.

I'm looking forward to doing ab work after lunch and celebrating my first runniversary tomorrow with a complete SRD.

Ball of Fury

Happy Friday all!  Went to PT yesterday and had Graston done...my leg feels much better today so yay!  I didn't feel like getting up this morning to run, so I slept in (all the way until 5:50 AM...it's a miracle!).  So, I will have an easy 6 to run this afternoon....in daylight!  Hope you all have a fabulous day!

PRs:  5K 22:59, 10K 46:54,HM: 1:51:15