Beginners and Beyond

Thumpity thump thump Thursdailies (Read 35 times)

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Go!

Marjorie

B-Plus

SRD

delicate flower

The first two posts in this thread are seriously lacking.  SAY SOMETHING.  

'Morning, all you internet people!  Last night was 7.4 miles at 8:32 pace.  I looped around the neighborhood four times, which meant running up the same hill four times (100' over 1/3 of a mile).  I kept the effort light, so I'm happy with the overall pace.  I'll be running something flat after work today.

Extra sleep on a weeknight is rare, but I hit the sack early last night and slept for 9 solid hours.  That felt GOOD.  It's amazing what just an extra hour or two of sleep can do for you.

<3

LRB

'Sup!

Day three of this stupid cold and this was the toughest run of them all.  From about mile 4 until the end it felt like mile 20 of a 20 mile run both in my legs and in my head,

I was going to cut it short to 7 miles but toughed it on out and did 8.  Hopefully the worst of this thing is over.

Slymoon Runs

race obsessed

Running while sick is tough. In addition to the 'should I or shouldn't I' aspect. Just make sure you don't stress your system, easy miles only, don't need to prolong it.

If you are anything like me at this moment in MRT, tired is the standard, way easy to get sick.

Day three of this stupid cold and this was the toughest run of them all.  From about mile 4 until the end it felt like mile 20 of a 20 mile run both in my legs and in my head,

I was going to cut it short to 7 miles but toughed it on out and did 8.  Hopefully the worst of this thing is over.

Get it out of your system dude, you want to be healthy as a horse 4 weeks from now!

I personally did not sleep like a Baboon last night; could not get to sleep, and before I knew it the 5:00 running alarm was going off. Probably about 4 hrs.

In any case - screw being on time for work: 14 miles with 10 at GMP. I was due for 9, but decided to get a week ahead of things. Again focusing on not getting sloppy with the pace; 2 of the miles were right at GMP, all others at least 2 sec below. Certainly getting better at holding it without constantly looking at my watch, which is I guess the whole idea. But still cannot imagine doing 26.2 at this pace. Although I guess that's typical. Feeling pretty achy today, but I suppose that's pretty normal too.

Have a good day everyone.

Dave

delicate flower

Awesome run, DaveP!  That is a serious workout.

Speaking of running, my last "LR" was a 14 mile cutback, done on a warm and humid day two weeks ago.  That was a rough run.  My LR this Saturday is going to be 40 degrees colder than that day was.  I'm anxious to see what the cool, dry air does for my performance.

<3

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Ran 10.5 and a nice walk on the beach

Marjorie

Awesome run, DaveP!  That is a serious workout.

Speaking of running, my last "LR" was a 14 mile cutback, done on a warm and humid day two weeks ago.  That was a rough run.  My LR this Saturday is going to be 40 degrees colder than that day was.  I'm anxious to see what the cool, dry air does for my performance.

Thanks.

I predict your LR will be glorious. This is such perfect running weather, I wish it was like this all year long.

Dave

Zelanie

Morning!  Last night's 6 miler sucked.  My legs were like, "sorry, lady, you KNOW we don't run on Wednesdays."  They didn't seem to remember Monday's day off at all.  Tonight is supposed to be 13 with 10 at MP.  I suspect it will be "some" with "none" at MP instead.  I did get a full 8.5 hours of sleep last night, which I really needed.

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

3.1 miles after work yesterday. .  Right before I left work it was POURING down rain.  By the time I got to the YMCA the rain had stopped and being outside felt like a flippin' sauna, as the temp hit 89 degrees, 76 dew-point,  and the atmosphere was steamier than a threesome in a hot house.  There was absolutely no wind or breeze of any kind either.  As I passed the flagpole in the park I did my run in, I noticed the flags were limper than a gelding's junk.  Woof!  I had started at 5 PM and  managed to slog out 3.1 miles - and even threw in a couple of good sized hills on my route -  and the rain never started up again to give me even a small respite....that darn Mother Nature!

Watching the news last night,  thunderstorms with lots of lightning predicted for Thursday in the late PM hours.  So I dragged myself out of bed at 4:45 a.m. this morning and headed to the university campus to get my run done in the morning.  It was slightly better this morning that yesterday evening - the temp was only 78 degrees this morning, with 69 dew-point - but the air was still thicker than LRB's tongue on peanut butter (isn't he the one that loves PB?).  I was feeling fairly good though and ran a little better than yesterday afternoon's run.  After doing a few hills on my last runs in the last 2 days, I kept this route simple and easy on the legs. Ended up with 3.2 miles done.   Sat on one of the benches outside the gym to cool down a bit and by the time I went back into the gym, I had a small lake under the bench, lol, from where my sweat was dripping off of me and my clothes.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Zelanie

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

10.5 AND a walk on the beach.  Nice, MarjorieAnn!

Happy SRD, B-Plus!

Sorry about the sucky run, Z!   Good luck with the miles tonite!  Maybe find some soft trails that your legs will appreciate.

I looped around the neighborhood four times.   Good thing you didn't go by some 'same person" out there all those 4 times, she/he might've thought you were stalking and given you a face-full of pepper spray the last time around!   Good luck with your miles tonite.

Jeez, LRB, you really are a glutton for self-punishment!  Gosh, if you want to hurt yourself, I'm sure Damaris would enjoy spanking you. Much easier than running when sick!    Take care of yourself! Hope you feel better!

Say it ain't so, Sly Moon!  You can't get sick...you are invincible!    Reminds me, I have to get my flu shot...since I am now considered a 'senior citizen' at age 60, folks at my age are much more susceptible, apparently, so my doc keeps sending me reminders to go get mine.

Wow, DaveP, awesome running!  Congrats!

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

LRB

Yeah I have always run through colds and even before I became a runner I would still get my elliptical workout or or weights in.

For me it gets the blood pumping which obviously transports nutrients provided you are eating well and I have always felt it a better way to fight it then laying around sore taking a gang of medicines.

Flu on the other hand is a different story entirely!