Beginners and Beyond

Felicificative Friday Penguins (Read 37 times)

SheCan

Jack, you may be my closest Penguin neighbor then!  Okay, not close though.  I'm about 7 hours to San Diego.  Well, I guess that'd make you about 9 hours away!  Oops, so much for a neighbor...

Kristin-- how super fun!  Enjoy your dinner, parade and party~!~!

Got in 6 windy, wet miles.  Sweated a lot though, because my new windbreaker shell was too tight to pull the sleeves up.

Cherie

"We do not become the people who this world needs simply by turning our backs on anyone we don’t like, trust, or deem healthy enough to be in our presence. "  ---- Shasta Nelson

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Zel, you can borrow my new shoes.  Nice of you, Dave; but then...what of HERS are you going to borrow, hmmmmm? Wink

90 miles from home! Dang, Gustav, that is a long way to run back, I think you got a little over-eager there running out... Wink

Happy Prius driving, Jack!  If I remember correctly, I think HsM has one of those and loves hers. Enjoy the drive tomorrow and happy birthday to your DS!

You too, Kristin, enjoy the birthday festivities this weekend!  And for your LR, remember...beer IS carbo loading, so enjoy those too at all your weekend festivities. Big grin

Sleep well, Mitch.

Good luck with that elusive run, Jerry!  Stay safe in that crazy weather y'all are having up there.

Congrats on the 10, Z!  Have fun with all the robots...maybe one of them can go run with you...Wink

Sorry about the asthma, Damaris.  Sad

SheCan, is there lightning?  If not...go run in the rain you wimp!  Wink  Just teasing, of course.   Hope you get can get your miles in.  Oh, I see you did (I didn't read page two before responding)....I retract the wimp statement with apologies....you are awesome!    No wimps among us Penguins, right?  Dang...I just got a paper-cut.... it hurts....I think I'm going to cry...Joking

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

She Can: I thought you were in AZ?

Scotty: Smile

SheCan

SheCan, is there lightning?  If not...go run in the rain you wimp!  Wink  Just teasing, of course.   Hope you get can get your miles in.  Oh, I see you did (I didn't read page two before responding)....I retract the wimp statement with apologies....you are awesome!    No wimps among us Penguins, right?  Dang...I just got a paper-cut.... it hurts....I think I'm going to cry...Joking

LMAO@ Scotty!  Hehehe, I am truly a whimp in so many ways, just not in every way!  Ty for the awesome comment.  Us penguins are freaking awesome!

Jack, I am in AZ.  I'm wondering where this rain came from.  This winter has just been weird!

Cherie

"We do not become the people who this world needs simply by turning our backs on anyone we don’t like, trust, or deem healthy enough to be in our presence. "  ---- Shasta Nelson

hog4life

Zelanie, ((hug)) !! You were right.

I got 6.23 miles tonight with OA pace of 9:17. I think there were a couple miles in the 8:15 range. Sinus crud is almost gone!

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

speaking of wimps, we postponed our LR until tomorrow because it was too cold this morning. But we did run 3.5m at 9:45.

Bin Running

Quick check in. RD for me. New shoes and medal hanger arrived from US but post office closed on the dot. Was just 3 min late. Haa

2015 Races

2XU HM - 29 Mar

Zelanie

Late night check in.  Mitch, I'm so glad to hear that you got a good run in!

I got 7 done here on the hotel TM.  Tomorrow is day 2 of the tournament plus the drive home, so likely to be busy again.  I need 7 to be on track for peak mileage this week, so I'm thinking of running my first-ever double, 3.5 AM and 3.5 when we get home.  I'm thinking even if I'm tired I'll be able to find the motivation to run 3.5 more, but 7 I might be at risk of talking myself out of if I'm tired, if that makes sense.

Tournament is going well.  DD's team is in 11th place with a few more rounds tomorrow AM before the finals.  8th or better guarantees a spot in the finals, but each of those 8 teams gets to draft two others to go with them.  Apparently there's some sort of crazy draft process where the top teams pick their teammates.  Should be interesting.