Beginners and Beyond

25 Things Non-Runners Don't Get About Runners (Read 100 times)

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Docket_Rocket

Love it!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

scappodaqui

rather be sprinting

I have to say, some of those I don't get either.  (Snot rockets are gross).  (Never had a black toenail.)  (Chia seeds appear disgusting).

PRs: 5k 19:25, mile 5:38, HM 1:30:56

Lifting PRs: bench press 125lb, back squat 205 lb, deadlift 245lb

happylily

I don't get 17 of these things. Guess I'm not a runner, or I'm a bad one.Big grin

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

Hip Redux

I have to say, some of those I don't get either.  (Snot rockets are gross).  (Never had a black toenail.)  (Chia seeds appear disgusting).

Me too!

OK, but I am losing a toe nail.

What's up with the urine one??

LRB

Here's an interesting response from the comments that follow the list:

"Used to be a runner, so I understand a lot of these. But if I were to do it all over again I wouldn't. Looking at knee replacement surgery at 48."

I know a dozen people who have had partial or full knee replacements.  None of whom run.

B-Plus

Here's an interesting response from the comments that follow the list:

"Used to be a runner, so I understand a lot of these. But if I were to do it all over again I wouldn't. Looking at knee replacement surgery at 48."

I know a dozen people who have had partial or full knee replacements.  None of whom run.

Running is bad for your knees. Fact.

PADRunner

First black toenail this week.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

I haven't had a black toenail (yet), don't get chia seeds either, and snot rockets............ not so much but it is still funny.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

RSX

I wouldn't get into a fight over Born to Run. I couldn't get to page 100.

Gustav1

Fear is a Liar

I'll admit that most of these don't apply to me. What's up with #8 and monitoring your urine?

A lot of people are passionate about their pastimes and outsiders don't understand. For example - isn't Fantasy Football similar to Dungeons and Dragons? I wouldn't know as I don't play either

I'm so vegetarian I don't even eat animal crackers!

Little Blue

^^^ I knew of a guy who ran (or still does) ultras, like Badwater.  He said he had to monitor his liver enzymes.  No.  Just, no.

I don't get 17 of these things. Guess I'm not a runner, or I'm a bad one.Big grin

Um, no, probably a normal one. There are plenty of these lists; this one should've been cut way back. Motivational posters, really?

Dave

I've never had a black toenail without the assistance if nail polish. Not have I been able to eat the free bagels.

GC100k

I'm on the non-runners side on many of those.  And why are snot-rockets and chia seeds specific to runners?