Beginners and Beyond

Saturdailies (Read 34 times)

Little Blue

Morning, crew!  Is it cold enough for you?

26 here, going toward 50, before the 'real' cold sets in.  I'm over my 's and plan to run 7 in a few hours when it gets nearer 40.

Have a great day!

LRB

Good morning.

I need to get out of here and up to the park to get ny run in before the near historical low temps move in for the next two days.

Not sure what it all means for tomorrow's run but I will worry about that tomorrow.

Up first though will be some caramel flavored yumminess from Starbucks.

Slymoon Runs

race obsessed

41 here - 5k coming up in the next couple of hours.

more anxious than normal for some reason.

Slymoon Runs

race obsessed

And happy V-day to all the girlies!

Cyberic

Hello Dailies,

Low temps are playing with my mind also. Family schedule not helping... I don't know what I'm going to do yet.

I'm getting wimpier with age.

LRB

Hello Dailies,

Low temps are playing with my mind also. Family schedule not helping... I don't know what I'm going to do yet.

I'm getting wimpier with age.

Not sure if it's age or a practical matter but I just went out to start my truck.  It's cold, there's fresh snow on the ground with more still falling and the wind is blowing all over the place.

I don't wanna run in that shit, it's depressing.

Little Blue

I just .. don't even .. you guys 'up there' ..

I just checked the weather forecast for my brother's house, east of Akron.  Wind chill tomorrow -33.   I guess it must have been that way when I lived there, but maybe I was too young and dumb to know.  How do you even function?  DH left this morning at 5:00 in our backup truck, because his diesel wouldn't run in 22 degrees.  WTF do you do when it's below zero?

LRB

I guess it must have been that way when I lived there, but maybe I was too young and dumb to know.

It's not really typical. We are now looking at some historical lows (or once in a generation) after having one of the worst winters last year in recorded history.

I would actually be fine with it if I didn't have to run in it. 

I just .. don't even .. you guys 'up there' ..

I just checked the weather forecast for my brother's house, east of Akron.  Wind chill tomorrow -33.   I guess it must have been that way when I lived there, but maybe I was too young and dumb to know.  How do you even function?  DH left this morning at 5:00 in our backup truck, because his diesel wouldn't run in 22 degrees.  WTF do you do when it's below zero?

Cry.

Another URD. A good weekend to take some time off. Tomorrow AM is forecasted at -11, -31 windchill.

Dave

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Getting ready to head to the race, I was a little worried about the 35 degrees feeling like 26 due to winds of up  to 15-18 mph but stepping outside to start my Tahoe it doesn't feel bad at all, not even the wind. Here's hoping it's the same out there at the college where the race is held.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  Woke up with a migraine, expo in a few, then 5 miles tonight.  Hoping the migraine goes away, bah.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Happy 30th wedding anniversary to my wife, Gail!   Who'da thunk I could ever find someone to have the patience to put up with me for 30 years of marriage?! 

Gail and I are getting ready to go do our "Be My Valentine 5K"...then back home, get the house-sitter settled and we are off to a pretty little coastal South Texas town on the Gulf, Rockport, for the weekend.    Race photos and report to be posted when we get back.  Everyone have a great weekend!    Don't do what I wouldn't do!  That gives you a pretty wide field of options!  

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Docket_Rocket

Forgot to say, Happy Valentine's Day!

Happy Anniversary, Scotty!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Little Blue

Have a great time, Scotty and Gail!

LRB

I'm here, as are quite a few other brave souls morons.

One of the supports broke off the flag. Lord help me.