Beginners and Beyond

Where are the Monday Penguins? (Read 10 times)

Jill.

Penguin Power!

The "Penguin" daily threads were originally conceived to emphasize that all members of the community have a place on the boards. Encouragement, motivation, a little love nip (you will love one, give it a try!) or even a little kick in the pants when needed -- it can happen here. Basically, we celebrate just getting out there and moving our tails! What is "slow"? "Slow" is a perception but one of the common benchmarks is the 10:00/mi pace; but there's no firm line. In fact, there are many of us that have slipped past this, and just hope that no one notices and revokes their "igloo privileges." It can be confusing for the forum newbies, but we're not one of the teams in any of the fine games. It's a totally open group, so stop lurking, post an introduction of yourself dive in and join the fun! No application necessary! There might even be a lovely picture for Scotty (we love pics!)

Upcoming Races: Run as One 4M (4/24) * Japan Run 4M (5/8) * Brooklyn Half (5/21) 

Jill.

Penguin Power!

Where is everyone?  Still sleeping.  Wake up guys and gals!

Week 1 of marathon training is in the books :-)  Today is a rest day for me while I run lots of errands and get my dog back from my mom in NJ.  The vacation in the Catskills was a lot of fun and running there was interesting.  I'm not used to running at any altitude and basically all of my runs here are completely flat so it was a fun challenge.  The lack of restrooms/water fountains every mile was also strange but I made it work.

What's everyone else got planned for today?

Upcoming Races: Run as One 4M (4/24) * Japan Run 4M (5/8) * Brooklyn Half (5/21) 

Singer who runs a smidge

Good morning, Penguins!!  Well, I managed to tumble down the stairs on Saturday and twisted my ankle and knee a little, so I've been holding off on PT and so forth until I quit limping.  I figure I can put weight on it, bend it, and it only swelled up a little, so I'm not bothering to seek professional help.  Just icing and chilling.  But I do have a PT appt tomorrow morning that I need to move.

sapf -- sounds like an interesting running week!!

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

Docket_Rocket

I have been working!  Not sleeping!  I have 7 tonight.

sapf, are you doing an 18 week plan?

Hope, oh, no!  Hope the ankle and knee get better soon.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Zelanie

Mia is still at the vet- she is doing better than she was, but they want to keep her for the day.  Hopefully that's all it will take.  She's also at the most expensive vet in town, since that was the one that was open last night.  If she's not ready to go home later, we will want to move her!

I will run 6-8 at some point today.

saph- Sounds like a fun vacation!  Hope you're able to get everything taken care of today!

HsM- Glad you're OK!  We were watching the Twilight Zone marathon on Saturday, and "Talking Tina" was on- hope she didn't show up on your stairs!  Hope everything feels better after some rest.

D- Have a good 7!

PADRunner

Morning, 10 done this morning. My marathon training starts in August. Hopefully go into it with a 30 mpw average.

HSM Watch those stairs.

Hope mia comes home well Z.

GinnyinPA

PAD - good job on the early 10.  Which plan are you following for Dallas?

sapf - you are spoiled, having water and restrooms every mile.  I know every tiny patch of woods in my area, just in case.  I rarely need them, but I know where they are.  There is one small baseball park with open bathrooms in the summer about 2 miles from my house and the library or grocery if I go to town (so 5 or 8 miles from home) but for most of my rural runs it's woods or cornfields.

Z - how's Mia doing this afternoon?  I hope you got your run in.   The wedding was okay. There were a lot of people, so not much time to talk to anybody in depth, so-so food, and no alcohol.  I was happy for the couple and it was good to see all DH's kids and grandkids, but it was a long day.  Ben (our dog) got seriously freaked out by the fireworks that were going off all around the house where he stayed while we were at the reception.  He broke a lamp, trying to hide behind the couch.  He was very happy to get out of there.  So was I.

HopesMom - ouch!  I hope you didn't do any lasting damage.

D - Good luck with your recovery run.

I intended to run, since it's a little cooler today, but ended up mowing the lawn instead.

Docket_Rocket

7 on the TM done.  My hamstring is sore from the fall still.  I will try to make the instructor stretch it during Pilates on Wednesday.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

Mia is still at the vet- she is doing better than she was, but they want to keep her for the day.  Hopefully that's all it will take.  She's also at the most expensive vet in town, since that was the one that was open last night.  If she's not ready to go home later, we will want to move her!

I will run 6-8 at some point today.

saph- Sounds like a fun vacation!  Hope you're able to get everything taken care of today!

HsM- Glad you're OK!  We were watching the Twilight Zone marathon on Saturday, and "Talking Tina" was on- hope she didn't show up on your stairs!  Hope everything feels better after some rest.

D- Have a good 7!

Is she home??????

Damaris

Fundraising Page

Zelanie

Is she home??????

Finally, yes!  She went right to sleep. Hopefully she continues to improve, she's still not quite herself, but much better than yesterday.

Robert31320

Team TJ

2 at the park for me on my way home.

Running for TJ because he can't.

Docket_Rocket

Finally, yes!  She went right to sleep. Hopefully she continues to improve, she's still not quite herself, but much better than yesterday.

Great news!

Robert, great 2.

Damaris

Fundraising Page