Beginners and Beyond

Early Bird Penguin's WednesDAILY (Read 23 times)

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

The "Penguin" daily threads were originally conceived to emphasize that all members of the community have a place on the boards. Encouragement, motivation, a little love nip (you will love one, give it a try!) or even a little kick in the pants when needed -- it can happen here. Basically, we celebrate just getting out there and moving our tails! What is "slow"? "Slow" is a perception but one of the common benchmarks is the 10:00/mi pace; but there's no firm line. In fact, there are many of us that have slipped past this, and just hope that no one notices and revokes their "igloo privileges." It can be confusing for the forum newbies, but we're not one of the teams in any of the fine games. It's a totally open group, so stop lurking, post an introduction of yourself dive in and join the fun! No application necessary! There might even be a lovely picture for Scotty (we love pics!)

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Good Morning Pens !!

Still raining here, so I better keep the Duck tape on my old shoes for a short run this afternoon.

Have a great day.

ps: don't forget that tomorrow is Boss's Day (for those that celebrate).

PADRunner

Morning, 4 done this morning maybe gym tonight.

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  4 miles planned for tonight.  I might do more or less depending on how I feel.  I am not sore any more.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

hog4life

7.13 with Bella last night. Maybe a few more easy tonight.

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

3.2 miles of trails done in the park yesterday after work.  Nice and cool 82 degrees, very low dewpoint and humidity, felt great.   Today, 3 - 4 miles after work, probably around the university campus. Will be just a tad warmer today at 85 degrees, but still very low humidity and dewpoint.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Zelanie

Morning.  SRD #10.  I have a cold and have to go in for an early meeting.  Boo!

Jill.

Penguin Power!

Morning all!  Got an easy 4 done this morning.  I'm trying to be consistent with my miles even when my body is saying "let's sleep, eat, and be merry" :-)  I <3 carbs in the fall/winter - this means I really do need to get my miles in if I want my clothes to continue fitting.

Upcoming Races: Run as One 4M (4/24) * Japan Run 4M (5/8) * Brooklyn Half (5/21) 

Singer who runs a smidge

Morning, Penguins!!  I took a Tylenol PM last night, so I actually got a good night's sleep, woo-hoo!!  I've been doing some knee rehab exercises, which along with the icing is really helping my pain level, so that's all good.  Quartet practice tonight!!

Jerryb -- I think my tech is celebrating Boss's Day by ducking out early.  I guess he figures his absence is a gift!

PAD -- woo-hoo for your 4!!

Docket -- hope you feel awesome for your 4 or more!!

hog -- nice run with Bella!!

scotty -- Glad you have low humidity and nice temps!!  I think all the humidity is dumping on the East Coast ...

Zelanie -- sorry for your cold and early meeting!!

sapf -- Woo-hoo for your 4 and consistency!!

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

Brilliant

Good morning, Penguins!

Thanks for starting us off, Jerry.  Enjoy your rainy run.

PAD, nice running.

sapf - my body is with you on the eat sleep & be merry.  I had to look at the pics of yoga pants in the other thread to motivate me this morning.

Mitch, Damaris, & Scotty - have a good run tonight.

Zel - grr on the cold. Sad  Hope it's over quick.

HopesMom - glad your sleep was better.

Follow-up on some later comments in yesterday's daily about my shoes:

Damaris, I have the Bondi 2.  After 3 miles, I like them so far. Smile  About to try them out again this morning.

Ginny, yes, I track mileage on the equipment log of RA.  These aren't worn out - only 224 miles!  I basically put them away after March and started rotating them in again in August, once a week or so.  But from now on these are only for short daily runs - no more long runs/races. Sad

I'm headed out for a short run.

TooStupidToStop

Rach^

Good morning Penguins!

This morning I got up and did some yoga as my body was screaming for a good stretch. Sometime after work, I have 2 miles scheduled. Unfortunately they have to be on the treadmill (Alaskan safety reasons). While I enjoy the colder months, black ice is not my friend. I've already had a few run-ins with it and thankfully no falling.

I hope everyone has a wicked Wednesday!

obiebyke

Hi hi. I'm supposed to do C25K W5D2 today, but it ain't gonna happen. Ah well. Enjoy your day, folks!

Call me Ray (not Ishmael)

Docket_Rocket

Brilliant, glad you like them!

Feel better, Z.

Rach! I read the temps you put for Alaska.  I'm jealous (for now).  We are still shooting high 90s for heat indexes and humid as fuck!  How's the family?  All adapted to the cold?  Bailey?

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Hi Pens.

Scotty: A cool 82. lol... we are also cooling down. All the way down to 75.

Brilliant: Are your toes better?

Rach: What kind of yoga do you do? I have been considering it but I don't know how to get started. Do you use a DVD?

I am going out for a run later tonight. Mostly easy stuff with 3x1 mile at threshold pace, 5-6 miles total.

GinnyinPA

Jerry - hope you enjoy your run in the rain.

PAD - good job on the early four.  Have fun at the gym.

Z- sorry about your cold.  I understand that lowered immunity often comes at the end of a marathon cycle.  Hope you feel better soon.

Damaris - nice not being sore after your hard effort.  Your  body has gotten used to the abuse, I guess.  Have a good run tonight.

Mitch - nice long run with Bella.  I'm sure she enjoyed that.  Do you run on trails with her?

Scotty- we got your humidity here, as well as some of your heat.  Have a good run this afternoon.

sapf - I understand about winter carb-loading/comfort foods. The good thing is more soup and less ice cream.

HM - I'm glad the knee feels better.  Have fun at rehearsal tonight.

obie - sorry no run today.  Rain?

Brilliant - hope your run went well.

Rach - treadmill's not so bad if you can put on some good music or a video.  Have a good run tonight.

AFM:  Deluge outside, so either a rest day or TM later.