Beginners and Beyond

Note to self (Read 112 times)

Love the Half

Tacos are a bad idea for a pre-run meal - especially if you head out the door about 45 minutes after eating them.

Short term goal: 17:59 5K

Mid term goal:  2:54:59 marathon

Long term goal: To say I've been a runner half my life.  (I started running at age 45).

Birdwell

Or,

tacos pre run are great ultra training, especially if you head out the door about 45 minutes after eating them.

(my bowels are full of compassion for you Wink

Docket_Rocket

You have a sissy stomach .

Seriously, 45 minutes?  What were you thinking?  It would've been better if you had headed out immediately.

And yum, tacos.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Full-on poo monster attack, or just discomfort?

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Hard-shell or soft-shell?

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                  05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

onemile

I can eat anything before an easy run but I ALWAYS regret eating before a workout.

Venomized

Drink up moho's!!

I have went to the Chinese buffet and then ran an hour or 2 later on a full stomach.  Its not fun but it can be done

Slymoon Runs

race obsessed

5 miles after 1/2 bottle of red wine.  not advisable...  no vomit, but the point in the run where exertion/ oxygen/ alcohol and blood level meet makes for very loopy finishing.