Beginners and Beyond

WTH, WEDNESDAILIES? (Read 55 times)

Cool  WELCOME TO THE DAILIES THREAD!   Cool

Anyone and everyone can post your runs, cross-training, abdominal work, rest days, race plans, training questions, etc.. The only stupid question is the one you did not post. There’s a great mix of beginners and veterans, runners and walkers, and maniacs and returners from injury, to running. We're all a little crazy here, too! While this thread is a terrific source of motivation for runners and serves as outstanding accountability, you’ll quickly find this remarkable group to be highly supportive of all life experiences. So, come on in, put your feet up, and stay a while (not literally)! And whoever is up first is welcome to start the thread and we definitely keep some weird hours.

I awoke this morning feeling congested. So, instead of tripling, (an hour before work, two miles during my break, and the weekly meetup with the run club at the LRS), I'll double, doing the two miles during lunch and the group run after work.

Forty push-ups are down. I'll do able work and take a long hot shower, taking the time to buff and file my paws and hooves.

I've already frustrated someone by politely saying "I'd love to, but I already have plans" when asked to go to her place and watch her kid while she does housework. "You can go running tomorrow, can't you?!?" I never said that my plans for tonight include running. I never said what my plans include.

flarunner

Mornin' Kids! Mornin' B!

Did 8 miles this morning. Went the wrong way and had to turn around. Oh, I'm doing this route... Roll eyes

Have a great day everyone!

{{{Pink}}}

LRB

What's up ladies!

I am about to head to work and play a game of dodge the rain cell.  If it's raining when I get there, I will hit the treadmill.  If not, I will gladly hit the asphalt, which I am hoping is the case as this is great arm sleeves, gloves and singlet weather.

We shall see....

Good morning!

Basysa sorry to hear you're not feeling well this morning , hope it gets better as the day goes along...........and what the heck is it with people. If you say you have plans then you have plans, there's no reason for them to know what you're doing.

Nice run Flarunner, you sure get at it early!

As for me, I'll hit the gym after work and jump on the elliptical and bike for an hour or so............hoping I can get back in my running shoes his weekend. I still have an ever so slight twinge in the knee.

good luck with the weather today Rick.

First Race

Hot Chocolate 5K Chicago November 4, 2012 30:17

Second Race

Penguin in the Park 5K Decatur Illinois March 23,2013 27:08

Scott

YAYpril - B-Plus

Morning!

Basya, I'm glad you're making it clear that you're not her last-minute babysitter. She's inconsiderate. I hope you feel better.

fla, nice 8 miles already!

Rick, good luck with the weather. Hopefully you can squeeze it in outside.

Sparker, enjoy the crosstraining.

As for me, I'm running 3 (only 3!) miles after work. Hope the thunderstorms hold off until I'm done. I'll bring my gym bag just in case.

Morning all.

I am in the same boat as LRB on the weather, plan to run lunchtime at work, but not sure if it will be inside or out. Meaning I need to at least bring 2 sets of gear, as it will be 38 deg w/16mph wind at run time. Not singlet weather for me (even if I actually owned one), or even shorts weather.

Basya, next time your "friend" asks you to rearrange your life around hers, you can tell her this:

Have a great day everyone!

Dave

BruceD555

SRD for me today ... first one is a long while. I'm sitting here at the office eating a Pop-Tart and drinking my coffee. B-day dinner planned for this evening and steak IS on the menu. Life is good!

Train smart ... race smarter.

YAYpril - B-Plus

Happy Birthday, Bruce!! Smile

happylily

I had to stop by to wish Bruce a happy birthday! Bruce, you are nervous this week, maybe you have a few doubts as well... Please know that it is COMPLETELY normal. You trained great, therefore you will do great. It all comes down to that. We'll be with you in spirit. Enjoy today, have a great dinner with DW and Happy Birthday!!!

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

StepbyStep-SH

Basya - Glad you are firm with her. What "housework" is she doing, anyway, that can't be done without a babysitter? How old is the kid?

Bruce - Happy birthday!

Sorry to hear so many are dodging rain, but I get SUNSHINE! For the first day in a long time. And temps should be over 40* - look out, here come the shorts! Double-digits on tap for late morning after a meeting with one of DS's teachers.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

delicate flower

GREETINGS, CAPTAIN INTERNET!  My legs are feeling a little heavy after beating on them at the gym last night.  I'm counting on a nice bike ride after work today to loosen them up.  Smile

I tried doing barbell squats on an upside down Bosu.  No can do.  The 45lb bar wasn't particularly heavy, but I just can't keep my balance with the bar on my shoulders.  I couldn't even stand on the Bosu, let alone do squats.  So I'll stick with holding dumbells.  The leg presses have gotten easier so it's time to up the weight (currently at 270...I was once at 630).

Speaking of which, I made some killer rice bowls last night.  Looking forward to my lunch leftovers today!

<3

SRD for me today ... first one is a long while. I'm sitting here at the office eating a Pop-Tart and drinking my coffee. B-day dinner planned for this evening and steak IS on the menu. Life is good!

Nice birthday breakfast! My favorite pop tart has always been the chocolate fudge. Happy Birthday, hope it's a great day!

First Race

Hot Chocolate 5K Chicago November 4, 2012 30:17

Second Race

Penguin in the Park 5K Decatur Illinois March 23,2013 27:08

Scott

delicate flower

Happy Birthday, Bruce!

<3

Luke79

I awoke this morning feeling congested. So, instead of tripling, (an hour before work, two miles during my break, and the weekly meetup with the run club at the LRS), I'll double, doing the two miles during lunch and the group run after work.

Forty push-ups are down. I'll do able work and take a long hot shower, taking the time to buff and file my paws and hooves.

I've already frustrated someone by politely saying "I'd love to, but I already have plans" when asked to go to her place and watch her kid while she does housework. "You can go running tomorrow, can't you?!?" I never said that my plans for tonight include running. I never said what my plans include.

The thing people don't get is, even If you were lying when you said you have plans, you still obviously don't want to do it.  The conversation should be over at that point.  I don't know why people are so pushy sometimes.