Beginners and Beyond

Penguin's WednesDAILY...Hot Dog !!! (Read 19 times)

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

The "Penguin" daily threads were originally conceived to emphasize that all members of the community have a place on the boards. Encouragement, motivation, a little love nip (you will love one, give it a try!) or even a little kick in the pants when needed -- it can happen here. Basically, we celebrate just getting out there and moving our tails! What is "slow"? "Slow" is a perception but one of the common benchmarks is the 10:00/mi pace; but there's no firm line. In fact, there are many of us that have slipped past this, and just hope that no one notices and revokes their "igloo privileges." It can be confusing for the forum newbies, but we're not one of the teams in any of the fine games. It's a totally open group, so stop lurking, post an introduction of yourself dive in and join the fun! No application necessary! There might even be a lovely picture for Scotty (we love pics!).

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Happy National Hot Dog Day  !!!

5 cool miles after work for us.

Still can't copy the penguin on the iPad. ugh...

PADRunner

Morning! Got a late start so only got 3, gym tonight.

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

The "Penguin" daily threads were originally conceived to emphasize that all members of the community have a place on the boards. Encouragement, motivation, a little love nip (you will love one, give it a try!) or even a little kick in the pants when needed -- it can happen here. Basically, we celebrate just getting out there and moving our tails! What is "slow"? "Slow" is a perception but one of the common benchmarks is the 10:00/mi pace; but there's no firm line. In fact, there are many of us that have slipped past this, and just hope that no one notices and revokes their "igloo privileges." It can be confusing for the forum newbies, but we're not one of the teams in any of the fine games. It's a totally open group, so stop lurking, post an introduction of yourself dive in and join the fun! No application necessary! There might even be a lovely picture for Scotty (we love pics!).

FYP, Jerry!  

"Only" 3, huh PAD?  Sure, go ahead, make me feel like a low-mileage loser, since that's about my mileage every run, lol.. 

3.4 miles for me at Fort Sam Houston this morning.   Flippin' warm, already 84 degrees at 6 a.m. Even so, today my motor was running pretty good and I had a really nice run/walk, with all my running segments done strongly.    I also might have a double today, as I'm thinking about doing the Zoo Fun Run 2-Miler after work today.  The run starts at 6:30 pm and is done in the park next to the Zoo.  The park has a lot of shaded trails. Which is good because the temp today for the run is predicted to be 94 degrees.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Bin Running

Morning, jerry, PAD and Scotty.

Scotty, zoo run doesn't sound so good for you with all the animals encounters you had. Hee

6M at easy today. Posted a photo and video on yday thread. On phone. So no idea how to post again.

2015 Races

2XU HM - 29 Mar

obiebyke

Hi Jerry, PAD, and Scotty. Cool photo yesterday, Bin!

Going to try for 4 miles today.

Call me Ray (not Ishmael)

Singer who runs a smidge

Morning, Penguins!!  I got my walk in last night sans DH.  He made it for about 1/3 of a mile, then quit because his back was hurting.  Which worked out ok, because by the time I finished my walk, he'd grilled chicken and veggies!  He got a new grill for his birthday, and it definitely makes the food taste better and the clean-up easier.  Worth every penny!  Tonight is quartet rehearsal, so that's all good.

Jerryb -- enjoy your cool miles!!  I suspect Scotty will be a hot dog today!!

PAD -- woo-hoo for your 3!!

Scotty -- good luck with your "double"!!

Bin -- saw the photo, it made me laugh!!  All of these serious guys, and you!

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

Singer who runs a smidge

obie -- good luck with your 4!!

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

hog4life

Bourbon Chase 200 Mile Relay-I'm registered!

SheCan

Morning Penguins!

No time for running.  Went and got some blood work done, and now headed to art lab.

Bin-- Omgosh, how cute you are!  Watched the video of you getting your medal and trying to eat it.  You're the funnest one on your team!

Cherie

"We do not become the people who this world needs simply by turning our backs on anyone we don’t like, trust, or deem healthy enough to be in our presence. "  ---- Shasta Nelson

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

So, HsM, he can't walk because of his back, but he can stand over a grill and cook?  That would kill my back worse than walking!  Standing too long really annoys my back.  Guess I have a different type of back problem than he does. Backs are so weird, just never know what things will bother the crazy back.  Enjoy rehearsal tonite.

Luckily, Bin, the run is not IN the Zoo, but in the park adjacent to the Zoo.  So I should be safe. Although..this IS the park where I once ran into the butt of a police horse...    Nice photo, Bin.  Too bad the medals weren't 'cookie' medals. 

Good luck with the 4 obiebyke!

Do they give you bourbon at the finish, Mitch?

Art lab, Cherie?  Your blood is made of paint?    Tell them you want your result SOON and don't let them 'brush' you off...

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Singer who runs a smidge

So, HsM, he can't walk because of his back, but he can stand over a grill and cook?  That would kill my back worse than walking!  Standing too long really annoys my back.  Guess I have a different type of back problem than he does. Backs are so weird, just never know what things will bother the crazy back.  Enjoy rehearsal tonite.

It's a muscle spasm across the top of his back.  He'd already been for a walk with Dusty that day, so he wasn't really up for another walk.  But if he wants to grill, I'm not going to fuss! 

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  I mean, whatever!  Slept 3 hours because we got home at 2am after the Def Leppard/Kiss concert.  Pilates after work and if I have time, a run.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

Oh, I've been in court since forever.  I'll catch up later, sorry!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

tracilynn

Hey!

3.3 today. Had to take 6 days off due to a bad cough So my 3.3 was kinda tough and steamy hot with a dew point of 136   Cooler weather coming soon I hear!

my 16 yr old got her wisdom teeth out yesterday  Poor kid.

bourbon. Yum!

~~~~~~~

Traci