Beginners and Beyond

No Mo' Snow! (at least not specific to Buffalo) (Read 54 times)

frozen

The Lake Effect Machine is now shut down by ice.

“It’s like putting a lid on a pot,” said Jim Mitchell, meteorologist with the National Weather Service, of the ice cover on lake-effect clouds and snow. “It cuts it right off completely. You don’t have the water there for the moisture source. It’s basically acting like dry land.”

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Phew! You guys have just been hammered this winter. I mean I know "snow" is pretty synonymous with Buffalo, but this winter seems worse than usual, yes?

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

Um, so we should be rooting for colder temperatures? 

Dave

Kristin - yeah, it's been really bad this year

Dave - cold and snow free, or warmer and snowy, I'll take the cold

Little Blue

My brother lives about an hour south of Cleveland.  This phenomenon doesn't seem to be helping them a bit.  Snow snow snow *breathe* snow snow snow.  Not huge accumulations, but it just keeps coming.

LRB

I do not think I cared so much about snow and ice before becoming a runner.  Now, I slam shit to the floor in disgust when the song "Let it snow" comes on.  lol

I do not think I cared so much about snow and ice before becoming a runner.  Now, I slam shit to the floor in disgust when the song "Let it snow" comes on.  lol

Haha yes, I loathe that song.  I mean, even if the characters in it stayed home and got some during a storm, eventually they had to go somewhere.

LRB

Haha yes, I loathe that song.  I mean, even if the characters in it stayed home and got some during a storm, eventually they had to go somewhere.

I see that Jim Schwartz is you new DC, that's a nice pick up for a D that is already pretty decent.

Just B.S.

Jay I feel like I have bonded with you over our very similar and super crappy running

Temps/weather this yearSmile

Since my Aunt lives in Tonawanda I often hear about the weather and it  is quite similar

but you are the only runner I know there.

Jay I feel like I have bonded with you over our very similar and super crappy running

Temps/weather this yearSmile

Since my Aunt lives in Tonawanda I often hear about the weather and it  is quite similar

but you are the only runner I know there.

Haha yes.  Team Abominable Tongue.

I see that Jim Schwartz is you new DC, that's a nice pick up for a D that is already pretty decent.

If everyone stays healthy, I think the Bills have a legit shot at making at least wildcard next season.

...aaand, after posting this, we promptly got hit with a bunch of general, non-lake snow.  FML!  The small flakes are slipperier than our normal fat clumps of Erie dandruff.

First time I couldn't make it up the driveway;  I bogged down in a huge drift and had to use the shovel from my trunk to dig a path to the snowblower.

Hip Redux

Non lake snow?   What did Buffalo do to get such bad weather karma?

Non lake snow?   What did Buffalo do to get such bad weather karma?

Had a great, great summer for running, lol.  This is ma nature's payback.