Beginners and Beyond

What's your secret talent? (Read 598 times)

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

I'm really good at annoying my wife.  But that's probably not secret, I think every husband has that talent. Big grin

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Quote from thelearnedfoot on 12/27/2012 at 12:56 PM:

I look good in orange.  Cool

That's impossible.  No one looks good in orange.

I do....

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

MrNamtor

Quote from thelearnedfoot on 12/27/2012 at 12:56 PM:

That's impossible.  No one looks good in orange.

I do....

Are you the one on the left or the right?

edit:Just kidding. You're right, you look TERRIFIC in orange.

Goorun

I love to redesign and redecorate my house......total kitchen reno from 2010 that I designed and hubby executed with

me a chief helper.........we are currently doing a total gut on our 3rd bathoom......in a year or two we will be selling

and building again.......I'm really excited to get to design a new kitchen!

The pendant light above the sink in front of the window looks oddly placed and there is a missing piece of molding in that picture.  
          ...I'm  just being an ass.Wink  Seriously, nice job. 
          I'm good with my hands and tools. Give me a crappy, old house and I'll make it beautiful.

Slow and steady never wins anything.

Just B.S.

The pendant light above the sink in front of the window looks oddly placed and there is a missing piece of molding in that picture.  
            ...I'm  just being an ass.Wink  Seriously, nice job. 
            I'm good with my hands and tools. Give me a crappy, old house and I'll make it beautiful.

haha! Optical illusion because of the angle of the photo, it is perfectly centered between the skylights and over the

sink as it should be silly!LOL And yes I drew a template to make sure the pot lights were completely symetrical

in their placement in relation to the sky lights.....hmmmm no wonder this reno took almost 6 months!

And it wasn't moulding missing per sey, it was  the end panel on the bookcase, it didn't come with the rest of the

door fronts, we had to wait for it to be backordered and of course had to wait for that to install the last piece of

crown moulding.............I commend you on your keen eye, most people would not have caught that.

You sound much like my hubby, the total perfectionist who built this kitchen! He is an network engineer by day.

I have been telling him for 25 years that if that computer gig ever falls thru he could have a good career as a

carpenter!

I should post a picture of the ensuite bath he is redoing right now when it is completed. He gutted the bathroom

to the studs and started from scratch. Totally custom shower stall with corner glass walls and 12X24 tiles on the

horizontal and a band of rectangle accent at eye level.

I design, he builds, we are a good team. Free labour is invaluable when building equity into a home as you

well know. The new kitchen and bathrooms are going to get me a pretty penny for this house!Big grin

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

I just had to SEARCH for the missing piece of molding lol

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

Just B.S.

I just had to SEARCH for the missing piece of molding lol

Goo, see what you started!!

LOL!!!!!!!!!!  It drove me crazy every day for the 3 weeks it took to come in.

And yes when I vacuum I check to make sure my rugs are exactly on the lines on the hardwood floor to

make sure they are perfectly straight!Roll eyes

RSX

I have no secret talents unless you count webbed toes, but my wife does. Her dad was a builder, and taught his daughters. We are doing our kitchen over among other things and it is real cool learning how to do more than I knew from her.

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

I have no secret talents unless you count webbed toes, but my wife does. Her dad was a builder, and taught his daughters. We are doing our kitchen over among other things and it is real cool learning how to do more than I knew from her.

If you have webbed toes you may be a talented swimmer? Wink

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

Just B.S.

This was the 2nd house we self built and I was the General Contractor for the hired trades again.

They really didn't seem to like that i knew my stuff and would call them on mistakes. The framers never

actually never met my husband as I hired them and  he could only come to the site to do his work  after

5pm and by then  they were gone.

I had to make them reframe the wall with the kitchen window, the day they did it I drove up and immediately

knew it was wrong. I told them it was out of place and they said it wasn't. I said measure it........sure enough

6 inches off and I made them fix it.

I was not very popular by the time this house was finished.

Goorun

This was the 2nd house we self built and I was the General Contractor for the hired trades again.

They really didn't seem to like that i knew my stuff and would call them on mistakes. The framers never

actually never met my husband as I hired them and  he could only come to the site to do his work  after

I had to make them reframe the wall with the kitchen window, the day they did it I drove up and immediately

knew it was wrong. I told them it was out of place and they said it wasn't. I said measure it........sure enough

Big grin NICE

and I figured out that it was missing end panel, because you could see the screw heads. I see so many butchered renovations that it is nice to see work done by people who care how the finish product looks.

Slow and steady never wins anything.

RSX

If you have webbed toes you may be a talented swimmer? Wink

Unfortunately no and my friends think I should be

RSX

She has owned another property for years, and did some flipped houses with her ex. She does well with hiring people here in our area where we had no contacts previously.

aponi

never runs the tangents

making men crazy

They don't even have to be **my** men, any man will do. Also I can juggle.

“Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan!” Doctor Who

Just B.S.

Big grin NICE

and I figured out that it was missing end panel, because you could see the screw heads. I see so many butchered renovations that it is nice to see work done by people who care how the finish product looks.

Hubby has cussed his own self a few times during this bathroom reno. He put things together so well when

he built the bathroom that he had a hellofatime taking them apart!LOL