Beginners and Beyond

What's your secret talent? (Read 598 times)

Fistmaster General

Kay, love your photos! You are very talented. What camera do you shoot with?

Too many hobbies........too little time

Can you tell me what kind of vine this is?  I've been growing english ivy for YEARS and I still cant  get it to get to the top of my pergola like that.  I need something thats quick and easy.  I live in Ohio, so it needs to be winter proof.

"I... am a fucking moron." - MattM

Anomalous

Could have gone into journalism. I'm a good writer. I have always thought of writing a novel, but haven't found that "thing" yet.

Also, I can fold my tongue into the shape of a taco and have tied cherry stems before.  Joking

Half Fanatic  #3091  ~   Marathon debut: 11/16/13 Anthem Richmond Marathon

"Run from what’s comfortable. Forget safety. Live where you fear to live. Destroy your reputation. Be notorious." - Rumi

CrisRuns

One comes to mind right now: I bake delicious meringues.

Just B.S.

Can you tell me what kind of vine this is?  I've been growing english ivy for YEARS and I still cant  get it to get to the top of my pergola like that.  I need something thats quick and easy.  I live in Ohio, so it needs to be winter proof.

This was a few years ago, it's even bigger now.  Its two different varieties of Concord Grape, don't know the

particular variety anymore as I've had it for about 10 years. I'm in Canada, believe me it's winterproof. I have

to hack the darn thing back halfway through each summer or otherwise it hangs down to the deck.

It was growing on top of the pergola by the 3rd season, had a good harvest of grapes on season 4.

I make organic grape jelly every fall if I harvest before the raccoons get them.

kitteh

My secret talent, I got a perfect score on the reading comprehension segment of both the ACTs and SATs (when I took them 12 years ago.) So I guess that means I can read real good.

And I can still do the splits! Even at 4 months preggo.

Running for two!

Pre-Preggo PRs--5k 23:00, 10k 49:07, HM 1:57:40

Post-Preggo PRs--5k TBD, 10k 54:45, HM 2:28:05

xor

Some of yall understand the meaning of "secret" differently than/from the rest of us.

Slymoon Runs

race obsessed

Some of yall understand the meaning of "secret" differently than/from the rest of us.

Yup

kitteh

I read it as a talent that the rest of the running world/forum doesn't know about.

Running for two!

Pre-Preggo PRs--5k 23:00, 10k 49:07, HM 1:57:40

Post-Preggo PRs--5k TBD, 10k 54:45, HM 2:28:05

xor

I read it as a talent that the rest of the running world/forum doesn't know about.

Then posting about it makes it not a secret.

Docket_Rocket

LOL.

I do have a secret talent of being able to listen to and comprehend 2-3 conversations at once.  So, if I'm on the phone and you're talking near me, chances are I heard it all.

Then posting about it makes it not a secret.

And damn it, there goes the secretness.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

xor

My secret talent is being the cliff claven of message boards and finding random shit.

Like this.

The smooth jazz version of Metallica's Enter Sandman.

Crazy Q

Net Neaderthal & Escapee

<--- has been know to play the bagpipes & can rewire almost any automobile manufactured before the advent of automotive computers.

Wot? Run? I thought they said Rum!

happylily

My talent is that I can somehow make the important people in my life believe that I have talents. In reality, I have none.  And it's true too!

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

I have no secret talents unless you count webbed toes, but my wife does. Her dad was a builder, and taught his daughters. We are doing our kitchen over among other things and it is real cool learning how to do more than I knew from her.

!!!!!! Me too!!! I don't feel so alone now Big grin.

I can turn just about any thread topic to sex.

Photographer as well, www.freesoulphotography.smugmug.com if you want to check out some of my photographs.

Here's a few examples of mine.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

LRB

...I can turn just about any thread topic to sex.

MN, where are you?