Beginners and Beyond

Thursday Penguins Don't Own The Road, We Borrow It A Few Miles At A Time! (Read 174 times)

Gustav1

Fear is a Liar

The "Penguin" daily threads were originally conceived to emphasize that all members of the community have a place on the boards. Encouragement, motivation, a little love nip (you will love one, give it a try!) or even a little kick in the pants when needed -- it can happen here. Basically, we celebrate just getting out there and moving our tails!What is "slow"? "Slow" is a perception but one of the common benchmarks is the 10:00/mi pace; but there's no firm line. In fact, there are many of us that have slipped past this, and just hope that no one notices and revokes their "igloo privileges." WinkIt can be confusing for the forum newbies, but we're not one of the teams in any of the fine games. It's a totally open group, so stop lurking, post an introduction of yourself dive in and join the fun! No application necessary! There might even be a lovely picture for Scotty (we love pics!)

I'm so vegetarian I don't even eat animal crackers!

Gustav1

Fear is a Liar

Good Morning Penguins!

Yesterday I did 70 minutes on the bike followed with the myrtl routine. Each ride my "area"  gets a little more comfortable. Last night I was reading  a book. I can surf the net on my phone but it is a little challenging since the words are so small and a lot of scrolling is needed. I need to figure how to connect my iPad to the bike - I don't want it to hit the floor.

Tonight will be upper body workout at the gym and then karaoke!

Tori - congrats on your floor/hospital assignment!

Zelanie - enjoy your hill workout!

I'm so vegetarian I don't even eat animal crackers!

Karaoke sounds fun Gustav!!! I havent done that in years! Although its not a pretty thinI when I participate anyway! Lol good job on the bike yesterday, I have read on the bike too, but the iPad is bigger send more expensive than my kindle, I would be afraid to drop it! Lately I have been dropping everything!

It is a rest day for me! I am battling a blister on ths inside of my foot thanks to new shoes and cotton socks! I wont be making that mistake again!  My body needed the extra hour of sleep this morning anyway!

Hope everyone has a great day!

Completed my first half marathon 2:09:04!!!

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Good Morning Gustav, Kristi, and Penguins.  Don't drop the iPad Gustav.  Enjoy the RD Kristi.  Looks like we will get out before the rain today.

Have a great Friday Eve !!!!

Awood_Runner

Smaller By The Day

I went to karaoke last night as well, but didn't sing.  I don't sing.  Last night, I had a great 8 mile run, and it looks like my weight is heading in the proper direction now that the holidays are over.  I'm really looking forward to seeing what I can do in March.

Improvements

Weight 100 pounds lost

5K 31:02 Sept. 2012 / 23:36 Sept. 2013 (Same Course)

10K 48:59 April 2013

HM 2:03:56 Nov. 2012 / 1:46:50 March 2013

MARATHON 3:57:33 Nov. 2013

Jen2011

Quick check in for me.  Work has been crazy busy, and I even missed my Tuesday run, which I was able to make up yesterday.  I haven't even read the posts from Tuesday or Wednesday, so I feel terribly behind!  I've got a plan today to leave work promptly and earlier than normal so that I can get home and run today.  Despite a lot of rain, we are having a few days of unseasonably warm temperatures, and last night's run (my first one in the dark - thank you Knuckle Lights!) was great.  Hope to have another tonight!

Have a great day, Penguins!

Jen

Upcoming races:

Covenant Health Knoxville 5K 4/7/13 (and cheering on DH for his 1st Marathon!!)

Rock and Roll Chicago Half Marathon 7/21/13

Tower of Terror Ten Miler 10/5/13

Philliefan33

Good morning everyone --

I did my 5 miles on the TM last night, because I just didn't feel like running in the dark again.  It felt good to run in just shorts and a t-sihirt instead of multiple layers, hat, and gloves.  I even threw in about 3 miles of iPod fartleks (run Tempo pace for one song, recover at easy pace for one song).

Another 5 miels planned this afternoon.

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Morning Penguins.

I want to come to karaoke! I love showcasing my horrible singing!

Enjoy the resting Kristi. Sorry about the blister.

Hope you make it out and stay dry Jerry.

Awood it's no fun if you don't embarrass yourself!

Jen-have a good run tonight

AFM- just got back from an hour in the gym. Elliptical for a half hour.... Kept the incline at 1 but upped the resistance today to actually get a good cardio. My knee didn't bother me after the no resistencd no incline easy elliptical workout Tuesday so I decided I was ok to make it a little harder. Then I did Legs and abs, and stretched.

Have a good day!

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

PhillIe snuck in. I like the iPod fartlek idea! Used to do something similar when I was run/walking. I made a mix of 3 fast songs then a slower song and ran for the fast ones and walked for the slow one.

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

Bin Running

Margo, the iPod fartlek idea is so cool !

6 easy miles for me today.

2015 Races

2XU HM - 29 Mar

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

The rain has stopped.  We ended up getting 5.3 inches of rain over 2 days. Today will be very nice, a mix of sun-and-clouds and a high of 68 degrees. Very nice for my run on the San Antonio Riverwalk after work.  Yesterday after work I did a weight training circuit at the university gym.

Wow, you can read while riding a bike?  That is pretty impressive, Gustav.  I'd end up running into a tree or something.  Even on a stationary bike, I'd probably end up falling off the darn thing if  tried to read while cycling.  Wink  Have fun with the karaoke!

Happy rest day, Kristi.  Sorry about the blisters.  Get some New Skin/Second Skin, stuff works great!

Oho, Jerry, so YOU got all that rain we had over the last two days. Stay dry!

Congrats on your 8 miles, Awood, and your weight heading in the right direction.  I don't sing either for karaoke, my singing voice is purely awful.  I have to do those "talking" songs for karaoke, lol.   I can get away with "Wild Thing" cuz you pretty much just say the words.

Jen, hope your plan works out and you can get your run in today.

It felt good to run in just shorts and a t-sihirt instead of multiple layers.  Or run nekkid, Margo!  Then you have no layers at all.  Big grin Which reminds me, I have a Bare Buns 5K coming up in April.  Ha, now get THAT image out of your head! Joking  Congrats on your miles!

Wow, you already got your gym workout done this early?  Way to go Kristin!

Good luck with the 6 miles, Bin!

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

hog4life

Hey Penguins! I got results from Monday's CT scan and I have another spot on my lung that wasn't there 3 months ago. I'll be getting a biopsy 1st of next week. This one is in a different location and will require a different type procedure to obtain the biopsy, I can't remember what it's called, but it's done outpatient and he said CT assisted while poking a needle in my back.

I hope you don't mind me posting this here, I know from the last one that everything will be okay, but it's just scary after what I've been through. I feel so healthy and strong, yet helpless, and just can't believe that I need to go through this again. Thank you all, newer Pengs, and older Pengs, for giving me an extended family. You are some of the kindest people I've met and I appreciate everything you have given me.

Gustav, I need some of what you've got when it comes to the gym.

Kristi, enjoy the RD.

Jerry, have a good run later.

Awood, nice run!

Jen, we are having warm temps too, I ran in shorts and short sleeves yesterday.

Margo, keep them 5's a rolling.

Kristin, glad you were able to get the workouts done pain free.

Hello to Bin and Scotty and the rest of the clan when they check in. I'll be back later.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning!  Already in Broward for the 4th of Court extravaganza.  Off tomorrow and will be driving to Orlando to run the HM on Saturday and the marathon on Sunday.  I cannot wait!

Either an SRD or 4 recovery miles tonight.  Shooting for the SRD and switching the run to tomorrow.

Damaris

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Scotty I work 3652846292639404 hours a day. With the exception of Friday evening (usually done work by 3:30), weekends, and the occasional lucky day, if my running or gym workout does not allow for me to be in the door getting ready for work by 7:15it doesn't happen!

hog I'm too new to the forums to know what happened to you "the first time" but I'm sorry youve been through health issues before and are going through more Sadbest of luck to you!

Bin Running

Mitch, I'm sure it probably nothing but get it checked anyway. Hope you get it cleared soon.

2015 Races

2XU HM - 29 Mar