Beginners and Beyond

SUNdalies (Read 37 times)

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

And go

Marjorie

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Sun already beating down. We are supposed to have rain. It is not cloudy. I will go run and maybe that will bring rain as my run rain dance?  We don't need rain but it makes running cooler if it would at least be cloudy. Lots of folding around here yesterday but we only got drizzle at the house. 8 miles away, torrential downpours. We are predicted for 3 inches if rain today. Will see....okay---off to run

Marjorie

Cyberic

15 3/4 miles done.

Bought a singlet yesterday and shorter shorts. Shorts are still rather long by runners standards (half thigh) but anything shorter than that and my son would laugh his head off. I brought him with me at the store to make sure I didn't buy something I looked foolish with. I felt rather uncomfortable with the short shorts also. The singlet is very cool to run with. It's cooler (in a temperature way). The shorter shorts I did not see any difference with the basketball shorts I usually run with.

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  It was not 86F at 6am like they predicted but the heat index was 90F and 79DP.  I did only 8.50 miles outside and shuffled back to finish on the TM.  When I stopped at 8am it was 100F and 79DP.  The TM felt great after that shit.  12 miles done.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

LRB

14 easy done.

Cy, I once swore that I would never wear shorts that were higher than my knee.  Now I have a few pair where you can almost see bush, and get this; I like it. 

Cyberic

14 easy done.

Cy, I once swore that I would never wear shorts that were higher than my knee.  Now I have a few pair where you can almost see bush, and get this; I like it. 

Rick, you are of standard height and have rather muscular legs. maybe not as much as in your weight lifting days, but still muscular. I'm a tall  skinny motha'.

Maybe I will eventually wear shorter shorts, but only if there is a reason. Maybe I didn't shorten them enough, but shorter shorts today did nothing. Maybe I'll see a difference in interval runs or something.

LRB

Rick, you are of standard height and have rather muscular legs. maybe not as much as in your weight lifting days, but still muscular. I'm a tall  skinny motha'.

Maybe I will eventually wear shorter shorts, but only if there is a reason. Maybe I didn't shorten them enough, but shorter shorts today did nothing. Maybe I'll see a difference in interval runs or something.

Yeah it is kind of an ascension in mindset so to speak and let's face it, not everyone will go that high short.

For me it started with a study I read somewhere that suggested a difference in as much as a 6 minute loss while running a marathon in shorts too long if all things were equal.

It went from there to my obsession of racing 5k's in the coldest possible temps that would allow me to barely break a sweat while essentially wearing shorts, arm sleeves, gloves, and a singlet.  I found this temp to be between 27F and 40F.

Finally it just became a mindset thing, like I'm so fuckin Gansta, I'll show up wearing Daisy Dukes and smoke you and your whole fuckin crew. lol

Of course that is not always the case but make no mistake heads turn, fingers point and the crowd parts when I step to the starting mat.

Does that help me run any faster?  Of course not, but again, it all starts in your head.  It may also help you somewhere along the way during the race....or maybe not, and you just get laughed at for looking like the idiot you are.  lmao

Ric-G

5 miles this morning...forgot the garmin, so just went out and back and well known path...have a great day all!

rick -  your short-shorts gangsta hybrid is great!

marathon pr - 3:16

Cyberic

I'm so fuckin Gansta, I'll show up wearing Daisy Dukes and smoke you and your whole fuckin crew. lol

Hahahaha, LMAO.

LRB

Hahahaha, LMAO.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it. 

B-Plus

I feel like eating first, so I'm gonna do that and then head out to the little forest for a trail run. Hopefully I don't run into any barebun runners from the event going on at the nearby nude beach.

Docket_Rocket

I feel like eating first, so I'm gonna do that and then head out to the little forest for a trail run. Hopefully I don't run into any barebun runners from the event going on at the nearby nude beach.

Trying the Mizunos again?  I cannot wait for our temps to go down enough to make it not lethal to go to the only technical trail here at 8am and run.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

I'm so fuckin Gansta, I'll show up wearing Daisy Dukes and smoke you and your whole fuckin crew.

Rick wins at the internet today Big grin

LRB

I chaffed the shit out of my nipples during my run!  How do I know you ask?  The shower told me!  Mary sweet mother Jesus was that awful!  

And in an unrelated development, I wore my big ass boats Kayano 19's for the first time since March.  I just figured it is better to run long (long for me) in something with a little more substance to it (11.5 ounces) than what I normally train in (6.9 to 9 ounces) now that my mileage and long runs are heading northward bound.

Surprisingly, they felt really good.  It was a prudent move on my part.

Jay Deezy in the hizzouse!

BP, you have the greatest tales about your runs, I am sure there will be something.  lol

Yo, people.

17 miles at 8:40 average pace; last 2 miles at 8:11, 8:01.

63 miles for the week.

See ya.

Dave