Beginners and Beyond

Tell Me Why WednesDAILIES (Read 43 times)

StepbyStep-SH

Why is it that the penguins have their thread started, but our "normal" dailies are no where to be found? Why?

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

StepbyStep-SH

Hitting the TM for 6-8 miles with 3x1 mile at my target race pace for Sunday. And taking the car in to figure out what is up with this battery running down so much. I really don't want to walk out of my hotel on race morning to a car that won't start.

Kyukido class tonight, though I will respectfully sit out of anything that might be hazardous. I'm guessing we'll be working mostly on our forms, which is very low-stress in terms of the body.

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

BRRR!  It is cold in San Antonio this morning for us, woke up to 36 degrees!  However, it will heat up quickly, by the time I go run after work it will be 70 degrees.  We have crazy weather. Tomorrow and Friday will be our 'chilly' days of the week, as some polar air works down from the North, and then by the weekend, we will be going back to normal again...

5-Day Forecast

•  Thursday

High: 52°
          Low: 28°

Chance of Rain     

•  Friday

High: 41°
            Low: 34°

Ice Pellets

•  Saturday

High: 64°
          Low: 41°

Mostly Cloudy

•  Sunday

High: 70°
          Low: 46°

Clear

•  Monday

High: 72°
          Low: 34°

Clear

I was going to go to one of my favorite nearby parks to run...but the police this morning issued an alert on the news that a MOUNTAIN LION was spotted in that park!    WTF?  I think someone does not like this park and may have put a curse on it.  This is the same park where that poor young lady runner was murdered in last month.  So I think it's off to run in a different park than that one!  Or I may even do the Riverwalk today.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Why is it that the penguins have their thread started, but our "normal" dailies are no where to be found? Why?

We actual Penguins are pretty slow runners, so we have to try and be fast at something.  I guess 'posting' is it! 

happylily

Regular dailiers party all night and they wake up late because of that. That's what I think...

Enjoy your taper run, Shari, and good luck with the car. And be careful tonight at class!

14 easy miles for me after work. It's cooooold here! SO dragged in some snow in the garage last night and it is not melting. Maybe I'll have to wear pants and long sleeves for my run on the TM.

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

happylily

Morning Scotty! I'm envious of your weather! Mountain lion? What is that?

LRB

BRRR! 

lol!

Supp crew!

I got yesterdays speed work done today going 5 x 1200's at 6:39 on the belt.  It was originally only going to be 4 sets but I had enough time to squeeze one more in and made it to my desk right on time.

7 miles total and a great way to start the day! 

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Morning Scotty! I'm envious of your weather! Mountain lion? What is that?

Mountain lion aka "cougar", etc..

photo cougar_zps9c789c91.jpg

Yeah, our warmer weather and lack of snow and ice will just let it chase us faster!  

Regular dailiers party all night and they wake up late because of that. That's what I think...

I must've missed the memo, since I was up at 5AM to get in 10 miles on the treadmill before work.

Plenty cold here, -3F this morning (at 8:00, the first time I checked, so may have been colder earlier). But the big snowstorm is pretty much passing by us, so hooray.

Have a good day all.

MTA: just noticed today's run brought me to exactly 500 miles on my Ravennas. Time to go shopping?

Dave

StepbyStep-SH

Scotty - Just give the nice kitty some of those doggie treats you carry with you, and he'll be purring for you in no time. Right?

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

It's cold here, as well. It is going down to 78. I might have to wear a lightweight running top to work. The horror...

Brrrrrrr

Uffda

Morning!

I woke up to another Blizzard Warning. They shut down the primary road that I take to work so I had to take an alternate route. Hopefully that subsides because I have to get working on my house. We plan on selling it in a month or so and I have some updates to do so we can list it.

On the running side of things I did 3 x 1000m @ 7:08 on the TM this morning. I used 3 min recoveries. When all was said and done I had just under 5 miles completed.

Have a great day everyone!

- Andrew

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning!  Woke up an hour ago so IT'S NOT MY FAULT!  I took today off to take care of my friend who is going through surgery today.  So, chauffeur and nurse I'll be and once hubby comes in and can lookout for any changes in her, I'll try to run 7 miles.

Damaris

Brrrrrrr

Uffda

I think Moth went through something similar, but we had a local guy who had a heart attack while on a TM. Fortunately there were some people trained in CPR around. You can read the story here.

- Andrew

happylily

I think Moth went through something similar, but we had a local guy who had a heart attack while on a TM. Fortunately there were some people trained in CPR around. You can read the story here.

Wow! Quite a story! So it sounds like his past history of drinking and smoking is really what caused the blockage, right? Quite young for something of the kind to happen to him...

Scotty, I had no idea you had cougars in Texas... I thought that they were more Northern animals.