Beginners and Beyond

SaturDAILIES on target (Read 58 times)

StepbyStep-SH

emo-yes WELCOME TO THE DAILIES THREAD! 

Anyone and everyone can post your runs, cross-training, abdominal work, rest days, race plans, training questions, etc. The only stupid question is the one you did not post. There’s a great mix of beginners and veterans, runners and walkers, and maniacs and returners (from injury, to running, to RWOL). We're all a little crazy here too! While this thread is a terrific source of motivation for runners and serves as outstanding accountability, you’ll quickly find this remarkable group to be highly supportive of all life experiences. So, come on in, put your feet up and stay awhile (not literally)! And whoever is up first is welcome to start the thread and we definitely keep some weird hours around here.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

StepbyStep-SH

Good morning, dailiers! At least I think it's morning.

Not sure I'm looking forward to today's run. I have 18 miles planned, which shouldn't be a big deal, but it rained yesterday and is below freezing now (hello, extra icy spots) and I am running at least part of those miles with a group of gals whose half-marathon PRs are 15 minutes faster than mine. The friend who usually hangs back with me is battling foot problems, so she isn't going to be there today. This could get ugly.

On a better note - tonight is date night for DH & I, which means wine and good food! Hopefully I can find time for a nap this afternoon so I can actually stay awake for our date.

Have a great day, all!

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

Top 'O the Mornin', Lads and Lasses!

Enjoy your 18 miles, Shari! That's a lot of running!

Up and taking in coffee and breakfast in preparation for the First Volunteer 5K in Ringgold, GA. I hope I have at least a little speed in these legs today!

I'll be wearing green, with some orange trim to celebrate St. Patrick's Day (and to honor a good friend)!

Tom (formerly known as PhotogTom)

5K - 25:16, 10K - 55:31,  15K - 1:20:55,   HM - 1:54:54

YAYpril - B-Plus

Morning!

Shari, good luck on the long run and enjoy your date night.

Tom, good luck at the 5k!!

I'm heading out soon to meet my RP early for 12, then breakfast with the running group.

LRB

What up doe!

I just woke up to a weather advisory, and considering today was to be speed work at the track, I am not too happy right about now.

They are only calling for 1-2 inches, but why the stupid advisory?  I haven't even bothered to look outside yet, but worse case scenario, I'll hit the treadmill.  Best and probable case, I'll strap on the Nike shields and go run my ass off outside anyway.

Stay tuned....

7 miles last night. 4 mile race today in this michigan crap weather.

BruceD555

StepbyStep-SH- Be careful out there ... both on the footing and speed fronts - although running with a group is always easier to go fast (at least for me). I think 18 miles should be an excellent prep for a good afternoon nap before your date. Have fun tonight!

RunTomRun- Have a great race today!

AprilRunner- Enjoy your 12 miles and breakfast with your running group.

LRB- Hope your track is a snow-free zone and you get in your speed work this morning. If not, enjoy those miles and just think this might be the last snow run of this winter ... at least it had better be!

I'm sitting back having coffee & some breakfast before heading out for the 10k. It's about an hour drive to get there but the weather looks to have changed for the better overnight - as far as I can tell we missed the winter-mix of precipitation and current hourly forecast shows a race-time temp of 24 with 10-15mph winds. I'm thinking tights + long sleeve shirt (and gloves) will be just about right. Later folks.

Train smart ... race smarter.

flarunner

Mornin' Cats & Kittens!

Did 5 easy/taper miles again this morning. Sure hope today's weather holds through tomorrow.

Good luck to all the racers today and tomorrow!

Have a great day and weekend everyone!

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

I made an executive decision to skip my run. I'm not very happy about it. My ankle now feels ok when walking but when I jump on one foot I feel a little twinge. I don't think it's sprained or injured badly, at least I really hope not, but it could end up that way if I push it. I am so mad at my body....as soon as the ITB starts holding up I tweak my ankle?! Really?! But I'm trying to let it go and have a fun day with my boyfriend abd look forward to the concert we are going to in DC tonight!

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

delicate flower

'Morning.  I am about to go offer my throat to the wolf with the red roses.  And I'll probably spin later.

Have a good weekend!

<3

Somehow i let my wife talk me into joining her in a cardio kick boxing class at 10. Should be fun. (i hope) Then going to he gym later weights and a  fast five miles.

in between I need to find time to help fix a leaking shed roof and grocery shopping, should've got an earlier start.

have a great Saturday everyone and good luck to all he racers!

First Race

Hot Chocolate 5K Chicago November 4, 2012 30:17

Second Race

Penguin in the Park 5K Decatur Illinois March 23,2013 27:08

Scott

5 miles with Brenda this morning. Great run with snow the last half mile.

Morning all!

Step, good luck on the run, take it easy & don't worry about keeping up with others. You may finish ahead of them anyway, if they are running their asses off then slip & fall on them. And hope you have really hot date. Approve

RunTom, top o'the mornin' to ya, and have a great race!

April, have a great 12! I always run solo, but the few times I had a RP on LR's, I was amazed at how much faster it went!

LRB, enjoy dealing with our beautiful Michigan spring weather!

c0de, ditto, and good luck on racing in this sh!t.

Bruce, luck of the Irish to you on your 10k! That is a cold race time temp, I would need a jacket. I guess you will be running a blazing speed and heating yourself up pretty good.

Fla, good tapering & good luck in advance tomorrow.

Kristin, good call on taking the day of.  Rock on tonight!

Baboon, spin right round baby right round, like a record baby.

Sparker, kick box away, I bet you will be the only guy in that class, maybe some good scenery. Wink

So that crap I ran 9 in last night turned into a few inches of snow, guess I'm glad I got it in when I did. No run planned for today, yoga later.

Have a great day and good luck to all the other racers I missed!

Dave

LRB

LRB, enjoy dealing with our beautiful Michigan spring weather!

Man, I have no idea what I am going to do in that crap.  It will be a completely fluid run, meaning it could be my planned workout, an approximation, an easy run, or a quarter mile and done.

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

Another day, another race - the First Volunteer 14th Annual GraduRUN for CIS 5K is in the books.

PR at 25:25, which I'm pretty happy with. 3rd in age group also. Smile

Nap time!

Tom (formerly known as PhotogTom)

5K - 25:16, 10K - 55:31,  15K - 1:20:55,   HM - 1:54:54