Beginners and Beyond

MONDAILY Morning You Sure Look Fine (Read 234 times)

Damaris, have a great workout.

Top o'the morning to you, too, Baboon.

Rick, hook me up! my run did nothing to invigorate me.

flatrunner, what lovely weather!

Shari, I hope that your day goes well.

scottydawg, have a relaxing and refreshing rest day.

Docket_Rocket

Morning all that posted after me.

Baboon, are you going to the doctor today?  If so, good luck!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Jess runs for bacon

Good morning everyone! Still resting my knee, so I'll be doing a workout video tonight.

FlippyNoodle

Not a dude

Good morning, dailies. Busy day...but as for running, SRD. I was tempted to go out for a short, slow jog this morning since I took the entire weekend off, but figured I'd give the hip and stuff one more day off. My hamstrings are still tight, but are no longer sore, so at least i am making progress there. The rest of the week will be short and slow on the dead cricket trails to avoid further aggravating the hip. I'm going to try to book a deep tissue or sports massage for either Friday or Saturday to try and get some of the scar tissue broken up and promote better and faster healing.

I hope you all have a great day!

YAYpril - B-Plus

Morning! Yesterday I finally got around to buying Jillian Michaels' 30 Day Shred on Amazon Video ($1.99 after a $3 rebate I forgot I had - woot!) so I woke up this morning to do Level 1. It was a little easy for me but it felt good - it alternates 3 minutes strength, 2 minutes cardio, 1 minute abs for 3 circuits. The strength is really why I am planning on doing it 3 times a week. So I'll try Level 2 on Wednesday morning.

I was planning on trying out a yoga studio after work because my hubby bought me a 5-class pack for Christmas, but today is our 2-year "houseiversary" so he wants to go out to dinner to celebrate. We'll be going to a local Italian restaurant.

Have a great day, everyone!

LRB

Good morning, dailies. Busy day...

I saw your question from last night and will post one of the links later as I cannot link videos at work.

FlippyNoodle

Not a dude

April, I've actually got 30 Day Shred in my Amazon cart, but haven't pulled the trigger yet. I'm thinking it would be good to do a few times a week. Does she focus on the glutes quite a bit during the strength portion?

Congrats on the houseiversary!! Smile

Just B.S.

Morning all!!

Swimming this morning.

Snowshoeing this afternoon.

Now that I am typing that it seems like an odd combination.

Have a good one for those who are running. For those injured, heal well and soon.

FlippyNoodle

Not a dude

I saw your question from last night and will post one of the links later as I cannot link videos at work.

Thanks, doll!! PM me when you do so I don't miss it! Smile

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Morning.

Another rest day. Very frustrated. I'm considering joining a new gym. Mine was flooded on Sandy and hasn't reopened. But with running, zumba class at a dance studio when my work schedule allows, yoga at a yoga studio once a week, and doing strength/toning in my apartment with free weights, stability ball and resistance band the gym became unnecessary anyway. But with no running and no way to cardio crosstrain other than zumba, which I can't always make, I feel like I need to get back together with my ex boyfriend The Elliptical who I had a loving relationship with for 9 years before I broke up with him for Running.

Have a good day!

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

Morning, guys!  Tom, hope you get great results from the bloodwork!

Yesterday was a rest day for me, run-wise, but I did a bunch of hip exercises and really felt it.  Hopefully it's helping my IT band issues!  Also ordered a theraband to start adding some resistance and get more bang for my exercising buck.

4.2 slow and easy this morning, felt good.  Phew!  (Had to cut my run short on Saturday, when I tried to push it too far- was hoping I hadn't screwed myself for today's run.)

Today is our first day back to school here at our little home-school.  Back to real life, I guess.  sigh...

Have a great day, guys!

"...You have to have faith, to know that you can do what you want to do."  -Joseph Nzau

YAYpril - B-Plus

April, I've actually got 30 Day Shred in my Amazon cart, but haven't pulled the trigger yet. I'm thinking it would be good to do a few times a week. Does she focus on the glutes quite a bit during the strength portion?

Congrats on the houseiversary!! Smile

I've only done Level 1, but the strength stuff (that I remember - this was at 5:30 in the morning after all) consisted of pushups, shoulder presses, lunges with bicep curls, squats with punching, chest flys, and rows. So no glute stuff (yet), but Level 2 and Level 3 are different. Depending on how my arms feel, I might do Level 2 tomorrow morning.

Will run for scenery.

Hey Dailies.

Here's some pics of what my weekends look like.  I hope they show up!

The Manitou incline is the railbed for an old abandoned cog railway to the top of Mt. Manitou.  It gains 2100 feet in one mile, then descends via the Barr Trail (Pike's Peak) for a "gentle" 10% grade for 4 miles.

I did the incline on Saturday with an extra 5 miles hiking from the top.  Yesterday I did it twice - my first time ever.

Hey it worked!  Not my pics BTW.  This time of year its a bit snowier!

Stupid feet!

Stupid elbow!

FlippyNoodle

Not a dude

Lunges and squats are glute stuff if done properly. Smile

Docket_Rocket

I was just going to say that!  Sounds like you're in the tropics in the AM and in Antartica in the PM.

Morning all!!

Swimming this morning.

Snowshoeing this afternoon.

Now that I am typing that it seems like an odd combination.

Have a good one for those who are running. For those injured, heal well and soon.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page