Beginners and Beyond

MONDAILY Morning You Sure Look Fine (Read 234 times)

LRB

Isn't that a good thing?

I suppose.  Shit, I am used to going now and look forward to it lol!  I got a 30 day pass though, so I'll still get to use some of the good stuff they have there but yeah, they booted my ass out!

You should have seen it; I was like wait, what, huh?  It was funny!

Ghettopops

And yet another 6 mile run. Threw in some speedy farks. Hard to do some long fast runs on icy sidewalks though.

@runjerseygirl

LRB, How much longer were you supposed to be going? I can see how you would be frustrated especially now that you're seeing some progress with your running. I know you appreciate what PT has done for you. Did you tell her you were concerned that you needed more sessions?

Do you even run?

LRB

LRB, How much longer were you supposed to be going?

Six weeks, which would have taken me through the end of the month.  I like being there because them people really know a lot, so I was milking their brains along with their equipment.

The question posed to me was do I think I can continue on my own, and the answer is absolutely.  That coupled with my eval today sealed the deal.  But yes, it was a good day.

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Basya: wow, how exciting! Can't wait for the report already.

SIAR: Thanks! The funny part about tonight is, I'll drop my oldest off at dance class, which is next door to my gym. But I'm not gonna run on the treadmill, I'll run outside from there and return just in time to pick her up and take her home. Maybe I'll wave at all the treadmillers from the window hehe.

RMTB: I miss your updates on DM, but it sounds like you are back to killing it. So glad it's coming back together.

Funny, I run out of this park on an enormous hill, and just as I crest it I come into view of the treadmill bank at the local Y.  I usually wave, but the temptation to stick my tongue out is also there!  That's great that you have the time to get the run done.

I didn't end up running again today.  I opted for a nice nap instead, in which I actually ran in my sleep ha.

LRB...congrats on the graduation.  Like you couldn't do 20 reps.  ha.

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

YAYpril - B-Plus

LRB, good news! Yay!

SIAR, haha. The thought of you sticking your tongue out at the treadmillers made me laugh. I run past a gym frequently. I don't know if they ever see me but now I'm tempted to stick out my tongue at them.

Hi Dailies!  Posting from the library,  as we're still seeing who can provide broadband at the new place.

Missed you all! Big grin

Tom - good luck with the checkup

Step - still sick, yikes.  Hope you get over it.

Rick - I got DW a Keurig for xmas and have already cut myself off from it (caffeine spaz here)

jjs - wow, nice climb

Kay - armwarmers with LED's? Sounds like a good idea..

16.7 yesterday in wet snow, easy 7:53 pace.  I've been SO busy with the house that my mileage has dropped a bit over the past couple weeks.  Gonna try to work back towards 70 and maybe hit the Pfitz 12 week plan instead.  Missed my Jan 1 5K due to a flat tire too, grrr.

There are 3 more races in the series though, so hopefully I can make all of those.

So_Im_a_Runner, I'm happy you're out there again. And don't be ashamed. Naps are awesome.

kristin10185, I'm running the Jerusalem Marathon on March 1.

Ghettopops, great run.

AprilRunner, that sounds like an excellent workout.

Damaris, I hope you manage to enjoy your SRD.

Shari, hopefully, the discomfort will abate after a bit.

Congratulations on your progress, Rick!

Shirfan, excellent run yesterday. Waitaminute, you call 7:53 easy? You da man.

@runjerseygirl

Hi Dailies!  Posting from the library,  as we're still seeing who can provide broadband at the new place.

Missed you all! Big grin

Tom - good luck with the checkup

Step - still sick, yikes.  Hope you get over it.

Rick - I got DW a Keurig for xmas and have already cut myself off from it (caffeine spaz here)

jjs - wow, nice climb

Kay - armwarmers with LED's? Sounds like a good idea..

16.7 yesterday in wet snow, easy 7:53 pace.  I've been SO busy with the house that my mileage has dropped a bit over the past couple weeks.  Gonna try to work back towards 70 and maybe hit the Pfitz 12 week plan instead.  Missed my Jan 1 5K due to a flat tire too, grrr.

There are 3 more races in the series though, so hopefully I can make all of those.

I love my Keurig!  But yeah.  It's easy to OD on caffeine with that thing.  And if you're looking for the armwarmers, I posted about them HERE.

Do you even run?

Will run for scenery.

Well that went great.

So I go to work with the senior therapist today, the one who did my eval a month ago and called me guitar strings because my legs were so tight.  Well, we're talking about  myrtle exercises while I am stretching and I made an off hand comment that I can do 20 reps per leg of each exercise.  She seemed stunned and asked me to do them, so I did.  And when I was done, she flippn' discharged me.  Proclaiming that I obviously have no need for them anymore.  Hmph!

We still need you around here : Keep the coffee coming!

Stupid feet!

Stupid elbow!

Shakedown Street

easy 6 trail miles

Started-5/12, RWOL refugee,5k-24:23 (1/12/13),10K-55:37(9/15/12),HM-1:52:59(3/24/13)

Docket_Rocket

Sorry but this made me laugh!

Well that went great.

So I go to work with the senior therapist today, the one who did my eval a month ago and called me guitar strings because my legs were so tight.  Well, we're talking about  myrtle exercises while I am stretching and I made an off hand comment that I can do 20 reps per leg of each exercise.  She seemed stunned and asked me to do them, so I did.  And when I was done, she flippn' discharged me.  Proclaiming that I obviously have no need for them anymore.  Hmph!

Finally home.  I was in Court until 6pm and almost got my car locked into the federal building because the building was already closed.  I think I have 24 hour access but I was not about to find out.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

I love my Keurig!  But yeah.  It's easy to OD on caffeine with that thing.  And if you're looking for the armwarmers, I posted about them HERE.

I know what you mean. I bought a Cuisenart coffee maker with grinder a few months ago - I'm now addicted to coffee. I do cut it about 50/50 with decaf beans so I still get a kick, but the taste of fresh-ground beans is awesome!

Tom (formerly known as PhotogTom)

5K - 25:16, 10K - 55:31,  15K - 1:20:55,   HM - 1:54:54

YAYpril - B-Plus

The taste of freshly roasted, freshly ground beans is even better. Big grin

I know what you mean. I bought a Cuisenart coffee maker with grinder a few months ago - I'm now addicted to coffee. I do cut it about 50/50 with decaf beans so I still get a kick, but the taste of fresh-ground beans is awesome!

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

April, does that mean that I need to start roasting my own beans now? Smile

Tom (formerly known as PhotogTom)

5K - 25:16, 10K - 55:31,  15K - 1:20:55,   HM - 1:54:54