Beginners and Beyond

Hey! Get your butt out of bed, Mondailies! (Read 44 times)

Really. Morning!

Up at 3:30 for no good reason. At 4:45 I decided to just get out of bed & go run, since I was not going to go back to sleep for a half hour.

Mondays are the suckiest running days for me now, thanks to the Hanson Bros. Day after a LR, body is telling me to rest, but not only do I need to get out there & get it done, there is a hard workout waiting for me tomorrow, before a RD finally comes.

8 miles, pretty slow.

Be careful out there, people.

Dave

Cyberic

Hi hi Aye aye sir. Reporting to duty.

MTA: Oops, first time I write this and I've never seen it written before.

LRB

'Sup!

I have been up since 5:20 watchin' Bugs Bunny and paying bills online.

And right now I am heading out the door for a run, see 'ya!

delicate flower

Happy Monday!  Why is it a happy Monday?  Because it is MONDAY!  Better than being dead.

Back to the marathon training today, now that my pathetic 5K/10K races are done until December.  Definitely feeling some achiness after the race yesterday.  I've got some easy running on tap later today...7 miles or so.  Looks like summer returns this week, as temps will be pushing 90 (with low humidity).

<3

LRB

6 easy done.  And now my week can start! 

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Rest day. Just a short walk for me

Marjorie

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning!  I have 5 and weights tonight.

I hate Mondays!  Bah!

Damaris

Mmmmm...beer

Good morning everyone!

Brace yourselves, I'm taking a day off. 

Had a great 20 miler yesterday to close out with 91 miles for the week.  166 miles over the last 14 days straight, I figured it might be a good idea to take a lil rest.  So not even a recovery run today.  I feel amazingly good considering the mileage, but I don't want to risk it.  I'll cut back this week (good timing with a trip to see my brother) and then hit it again next week. Smile

Hope everyone has a great day!

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

My left calf is the only thing feeling tight after yesterday, which is surprising.. I was really expecting to be sore as fuck but I am feeling really good. Still didn't go to the gym this morning for some upper body - I wanted my sleep damn it. I'll attempt to go tomorrow morning.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Slymoon Runs

race obsessed

18 on plan today moved to tomorrow.  Just no freaking time, but it is an important run.  Tomorrows run today (10) which is a good idea anyway in light of my 10k (tempo) workout yesterday.

Awaiting some race images, actually curious about comparing them to the same race 2 years ago that I also ran shirtless.  I suspect I look more muscular then than I do now.  (which will only support my DWs assertions that I am getting 'too small'. -  bah women!)

Brrrrrrr

Uffda

Morning! RD for me. I had a good 8.5 mile run yesterday. Hoping to get 5 runs in this week. If DD cooperates, I could get back to running my normal six times a week towards my soft goal of 50 mpw.

- Andrew

LRB

I hate Mondays!  Bah!

What if I told you Monday hated you, too.  

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

18 on plan today moved to tomorrow.  Just no freaking time, but it is an important run.  Tomorrows run today (10) which is a good idea anyway in light of my 10k (tempo) workout yesterday.

Awaiting some race images, actually curious about comparing them to the same race 2 years ago that I also ran shirtless.  I suspect I look more muscular then than I do now.  (which will only support my DWs assertions that I am getting 'too small'. -  bah women!)

Lol, maybe you should hit the gym for some upper body strength training? Or push ups and other workouts at home.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

LRB

Lol, maybe you should hit the gym for some upper body strength training? Or push ups and other workouts at home.

None of that can make up for lost mass.

Slymoon Runs

race obsessed

If so it would be a product of mileage, desire to be faster and age.

I know my legs and calves are getting crazy cut and post workout they are vascular!

Sorry FS other than just a couple of male runners here, you are mixing with the Masters crowd.   Wink