Beginners and Beyond

Question - stomach bug or last night's weenie roast (Read 46 times)

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

I haven't ran yet today, and I am not yet sure if I will... I had a nine miler planned but after last night's weenie roast - 3 beers, 4 hotdogs and 2 s'mores I woke up at 1:30 with major abdominal pain and to run to the bathroom. I had the shakes, which is rare for me unless some sort of sickness is trying to pass through me fast (a 24 hour sickness). I had pepto-bismol and  I am trying to drink lots of water, but I don't know if the run is going to happen and if I do run at some point today it will probably be 5-7 miles at most because I am not sure if this was all caused by what I consumed last night or a stomach bug and if the latter than I need my body at full strength to recover as quick as possible Sad . It sucks, bad and I know someone is going to get bit in the ass today if I don't run, but maybe it wouldn't be so bad to take an unexpected rest day? It's also piss-pouring rain today........ Maybe early this morning was my body telling me I've been pushing it to hard, and it needs this weekend as a rest. What do you all think?

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Jess runs for bacon

Take the day off. Running with the flu is bad news.

hog4life

If I were to consume that, I would feel bad and be pooing endlessly until all that crap was gone too.

Take a rest day, it won't hurt you.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

That's what I'm thinking, my mind wants to go run but I can literally hear my body screaming "give it a rest!". Yeah... it sounded like an okay idea the time, I haven't had s'mores in forever and when I started eating the first one I felt my stomach protest but thought nothing of it. I also don't think the coffee I drank in order to wake myself up at 11 p.m so I could safely drive my brother and his g/f home, I don't think it helped. Yeah, I think the smartest thing at this point would be to just take today as a rest, I'll let the only running be chasing my son around the house.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

Docket_Rocket

Rest.  Even if your stomach stops hurting, you need the rest.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Yep...

PRs

Rest. Don't push yourself, as I did. I worked until 5:30 p.m.. I wasn't able to keep liquids, let alone solids, in me.  After more than thirty hours, I was in the ER hooked up to an IV drip, just hours before Yom Kippur.