Beginners and Beyond

What am I missing WednesDAILIES? (Read 40 times)

StepbyStep-SH

Am I just not seeing them, or do I really get to start the dailies?

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

StepbyStep-SH

Warning: pity post ahead.

I've been thrown off all week because we started vacation bible school Sunday evening, but I feel like that day was Monday. And with VBS not ending until after 8, meaning I don't get DS into bed until after 9, and myself to bed until 11, the 4-4:30 alarms suck. I skipped yesterday's run entirely.
      I did get up and run this morning, but on the fourth pass by my door (fog kept me on my 1-mile neighborhood loop) I just didn't want to keep going. 4.36 miles done. And a decision that I am going to drop the plan for a fall marathon. Between DH traveling 2 weeks or more a month, DS's schedule and age (not quite old enough to leave alone/entertain himself for more than an hour or so at a time) and my new freelance project, I just don't see myself being able to keep the training where it should be. And I was going to have to find someone to watch DS anyway for the marathon I had targeted.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Apparently you do have to start the dailies. I know how you feel (sorta), last night my son would not fall asleep at all, we went to bed between 9:30 and 10 PM... I think he was still awake around 11-11:30  and my alarm went off at 3:12 AM but I wasn't awake at all so I slept until 4:05 AM and got up.

Thankfully I was able to put in 9 miles this morning, and I saw 4 other runners out on the roads. Why am I pleasantly surprised? Because since moving out here to Chandler in 2011, I've only seen 3 runner while I was driving and finally this year while running I've seen 6 other runners.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

delicate flower

'Morning.  8 miles last night at a 7:52 pace.  Medium effort.  It was hot out.  I really can't wait to see what happens to these paces when the fall gets here.  8 more miles on the schedule today...maybe a couple more if I feel good.

So I was talking to someone last night about my Sept 13 HM.  She asked me if I was gunning for sub 1:30.  That's a 7:00 pace.  I don't know.  I do think a PR is possible (7:15 pace) but I don't know where my HM race pace is right now.  My last two HM's this year were 7:31 pace and 7:41 pace but those were in March and June .  I think I can do 7:31 pretty easily now.  I still have almost six weeks to train.  I guess my 10K in two weeks will give me a good idea.

<3

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  Core and 4 miles tonight.

Shari, sorry life is getting in the way of a Fall Marathon.  Keep doing what you can; this shall pass.

Andrea, nice job on the run.

Phil, nice job in tough conditions.  Will it be at least cool in Boston in Mid-September?  Because I deserve some fucking good weather.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

delicate flower

Phil, nice job in tough conditions.  Will it be at least cool in Boston in Mid-September?  Because I deserve some fucking good weather.

Compared to what you are used to, it is going to be spectacular.  If nothing else, the summer humidity should be cleared out by then.

<3

SRD.

Dave

happylily

Shari, I know how hard it must be for you. That you've managed to train for a number of marathons already is remarkable. I could not have done it when I was your age and my children were younger. I'm sorry you have to make this decision, it must be very difficult for you. Can you change it to a goal HM? Or, have you ever thought about hiring a teenager to act as a companion/guardian for Kevin while you're running in the afternoon? I know it's money we can't always afford to spend, but if you could find $20 a week for 2 runs in the late afternoon, maybe you could manage a few early morning runs on top and continue the marathon training. I know that physically. I would never be able to wake up at 4 am for a run. I greatly admire what you've done so far. You are a more determined person than I'll ever be.

Phil, it's a great sign that you ran 7:52 and it felt like easy effort, in the summer. It still feels like MP to me, whether indoor or outdoor. I think you'll be in 1:30 shape by September, and hopefully you get a nice cool day for the race.

Good morning Damaris and Andrea! Great run, Andrea! D. enjoy yours later!

I have 10 at recover, after breakfast. I slept 9 hours. I was surprised by how late it was when I woke up, but I did walk 8 miles on the beach yesterday, after my 10 miler, and I think that the sun makes me sleep more at night.

Have a nice day, everyone!

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

B-Plus

8 tonight

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

3.1 easy miles this morning.  Nice run/walk through the park near the Zoo.  Stuffed some bread into my pockets before my run/walk and at the halfway point I  stopped alongside the river in the park for a couple of minutes to toss the bread to the ducks in the water.   Nice little outing, but I think our 'cool front' is gone now....nearly 80 degrees this morning, dewpoint in the 70s, and humidity about 86%.  Short distance, but drenched in sweat by the time I was done.

Step.....

4:05 a.m., FreeSoul?  Goodness, and I thought I was getting up early at 5 a.m.!    Congrats on your 9 miles and glad you found out there are some other runners in your new world.  Where the heck is Chandler?  I know there is a Chandler in AZ, but you're not out there are you?

Good luck with your training for your upcoming HM, Baboon.  Shoot for the PR.  No doubt in my mind you can do it.

Happy SRD, Dave!

Hope your 8 went well, B-Plus.

10-mile run and 8-mile walk!  Lily, you are turning into an exercise machine!

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

StepbyStep-SH

Shari, I know how hard it must be for you. That you've managed to train for a number of marathons already is remarkable. I could not have done it when I was your age and my children were younger. I'm sorry you have to make this decision, it must be very difficult for you. Can you change it to a goal HM? Or, have you ever thought about hiring a teenager to act as a companion/guardian for Kevin while you're running in the afternoon? I know it's money we can't always afford to spend, but if you could find $20 a week for 2 runs in the late afternoon, maybe you could manage a few early morning runs on top and continue the marathon training. I know that physically. I would never be able to wake up at 4 am for a run. I greatly admire what you've done so far. You are a more determined person than I'll ever be.

You are so sweet!

I'm mostly just whining and feeling like a grump today. I need to remind myself that this is for a season while I get my schedule readjusted and I should have 20+ more years of running ahead of me. As for "when you were my age" ... umm, it wasn't all that long ago. Wink I'm not as young as my son's age would make it seem.

Zelanie

Morning!  Moved Friday's easy day to today, and today's RD to tomorrow so that I can go pick up my DD and we can head out of town for a couple of days!  It will be my first time driving in Costa Rica, wish me luck!

Step - Hugs.   I think you're making a wise decision.  You push yourself so hard so much of the time, that recognizing when it's just too much is a good thing.  I like the idea of a goal HM or even a 10K, something to keep you feeling like you're moving forward.

Brrrrrrr

Uffda

Warning: pity post ahead.

I've been thrown off all week because we started vacation bible school Sunday evening, but I feel like that day was Monday. And with VBS not ending until after 8, meaning I don't get DS into bed until after 9, and myself to bed until 11, the 4-4:30 alarms suck. I skipped yesterday's run entirely.
                            I did get up and run this morning, but on the fourth pass by my door (fog kept me on my 1-mile neighborhood loop) I just didn't want to keep going. 4.36 miles done. And a decision that I am going to drop the plan for a fall marathon. Between DH traveling 2 weeks or more a month, DS's schedule and age (not quite old enough to leave alone/entertain himself for more than an hour or so at a time) and my new freelance project, I just don't see myself being able to keep the training where it should be. And I was going to have to find someone to watch DS anyway for the marathon I had targeted.

I hear you Shari. Sometimes running takes a back seat to other things in life. Smile

- Andrew

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

10.2 for me today

Marjorie

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Scotty I live in chandler. Indiana.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)