Beginners and Beyond

Wake up WednesDAILIES!!! (Read 49 times)

@runjerseygirl

Cool  WELCOME TO THE DAILIES THREAD!   Cool

Anyone and everyone can post your runs, cross-training, abdominal work, rest days, race plans, training questions, etc.. The only stupid question is the one you did not post. There’s a great mix of beginners and veterans, runners and walkers, and maniacs and returners from injury, to running. We're all a little crazy here, too! While this thread is a terrific source of motivation for runners and serves as outstanding accountability, you’ll quickly find this remarkable group to be highly supportive of all life experiences. So, come on in, put your feet up, and stay a while (not literally)! And whoever is up first is welcome to start the thread and we definitely keep some weird hours around here.

Do you even run?

@runjerseygirl

3-4 sunny, warm miles planned for me and the RP. Smile

Do you even run?

Robert31320

Team TJ

Good morning, Kay.  I just got to work and the coffee is brewing!

Day 3 of pure morning laziness....got to get back on track quickly.

Running for TJ because he can't.

LRB

Supp!

It's 42 and grey here.  For this mornings run I'm thinking black pants, a red singlet, and black arm warmers.

If it can't be hot, at least I can be!  ; )

flarunner

Mornin'!

Did 10 miles this morning. Saw a raccoon.

Have a great day everyone! And may you all be hawt like LRB!

Kay, enjoy your sunny three to four.

Robert, enjoy the brew for me, too.

Rick, the outfit sounds mighty attractive.

flarunner, terrific ten.

I awoke and did thirty-five push-ups. I'm having a leisurely morning before work. (I deserve it. I ran for more than two hours before work yesterday. I lifted, used the ArcTrainer, and did ab work for a hair over an hour and a half after work.) I'll do a few road miles with the run club after work. Ab work, too.

I'm off to rinse my sinuses, take a quick shower, enroll, and stretch. Have a great day, everyone.

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  I have 6 recovery miles and the weights I keep moving every day, LOL.

Kay, pass the coffee, please.

Robert, I would like a day of laziness, please.

LRB, enjoy the warmly clothed run.

flarunner, how is the weather up there?  I had somebody today that mocked my 86F and 70 dewpoint by saying it's nothing like Michigan summers.  I was like ay what?

Basya, great workout already.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

flarunner

flarunner, how is the weather up there?  I had somebody today that mocked my 86F and 70 dewpoint by saying it's nothing like Michigan summers.  I was like ay what?

When I lived up in Indiana I used to think that our summers were hot and muggy. Now I know better. Folks up there have no idea what hot and muggy is like. No. Idea.

Our lows have been upper 60s and highs low 80s. And now it's going to warm up.

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

Good Morning, Kay, Robert, LRB, Flarunner, Basya, & D! Morning dailies!

Not much to report today. I'm slightly sore from yesterday's 10, which turned out to be a bit more difficult than I would have wanted. On tap today is a short run, followed by mowing and trimming the yard, and cleaning the AC unit in preparation for the cooling season that will be starting very soon.

Tom (formerly known as PhotogTom)

5K - 25:16, 10K - 55:31,  15K - 1:20:55,   HM - 1:54:54

delicate flower

HEY HEY HEY, WHAT DO YA SAY!  Happy Wednesday!  I took the road bike out yesterday for 35 miles at 17.9 mph, and my legs are feeling it today.  No knee pain but two very tired legs.  It was a fairly strong effort...probably the equivalent of a 9-10 mile run at MP.  I could have done without the wind.  Today will be some elliptical followed by a self-PT session (i.e. lower body workout).

Looks like rain the next three days.  We could use it.

<3

BruceD555

Mornin' folks. Well, I woke up at about 3:30 this morning hoping that the weatherman was wrong, but no such luck. It was lightening almost continuously and pouring rain outside. Throw in a temperature of 33 degrees and the decision to stay in bed was an easy choice (I'd run in the rain and cold, but lightening is where I draw the line)

I have 12 miles on the schedule today and unfortunately it looks like we're supposed to have that same weather throughout the whole stinking day. My schedule today is also crazy busy so it's going to be a challenge to get in the full 12 from a time standpoint.

Train smart ... race smarter.

Yeah I was looking at a lunchtime run, but predicting thunderstorms most of the day. So looks like the treadmill.

Dave

StepbyStep-SH

I tried to channel Basya today - 30 pushups, crunches, supermans and some other core work this morning.

Yesterday the problem in my hamstring migrated up through my hip/glute and all the way to the middle of my back on that side. So I went out and bought a foam roller, and I came to a decision about my spring racing.
                            After saying for the last several months that my goal for the Fargo Marathon in May is a Boston qualifying time (under 3:45 - more than 6 minutes off my current PR), I am officially backing off from that. My goal now will simply be to get my body healed up enough in the next few weeks to get in one 20-mile training run before Fargo and finish it for my 8th state. Between my ankle, my hamstring and now my hip/lower back, this lousy weather, and personal schedules the next few weeks, I'd rather take it easy and feel good than continue to stress myself over an arbitrary number and deadline
                            I think I have figured out that at least part of the problem is a lack of stretching. I've been very lazy about it, especially about stretching the outside of my hips because I don't like that stretch (usually the things we need the most are the ones we like the least, right?). I have scar tissue in the glute on my left side due to an injury when I was a kid that split the muscle - I still have a groove in my butt cheek on that side now. And I can feel that the tissue around there and into (I think) the gluteus medius is very tight.
                            So I will spend the next few days focusing on stretching and trying to break up the tightness with a foam roller, plus I have a massage scheduled for Friday. I may try an easy run tomorrow if it fits into my schedule, or I may not even run until Saturday.
                            Sorry for the book! I know this is a minor setback compared to what so many are facing.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

Tom, have a great run.

Phil, I hope that PT and the elliptical machine go well.

BruceD555, have a wonderful day, whatever you do.

DaveP MI, have fun on the TM.

Shari, it's not minor. It can lead to all sorts of trouble when left unattended.

I've decided to keep my Altra Intuition 1.5s for TM runs. My Saucony Kinvara 3s, Inov8 F-lite 195s, and Vibrams have spoiled me. I feel more comfortable running outside with something more flexible.

Hip Redux

Morning.  Rainy day here.  Bleh.