Beginners and Beyond

Wake up WednesDAILIES!!! (Read 49 times)

LRB

For others who have run in Adrenalines - if I'm looking for a similar shoe in the stability family, but just want to branch out a bit, any suggestions?

The description of each shoe on that main page was thorough.  I went through each one and based on that I am looking at the Kayano 19, the Saucony Omni 11, and the New Balance 1340.

You can find user reviews for each on amazon or running shoes guru.

Hip Redux

Not a single pair of my shoes in my size on sale.  I has a sad.

YAYpril - B-Plus

Hey everybody. Sorry I've been such a bad forum friend lately. I'm just trying to keep my mind off running so I don't go nuts. I am going to run tonight with the group, just 5 miles. My knee is doing better - I think it's more knee than calf, maybe a little fluid in there. Ive been taking antiinflamatories, and since I don't ever take them they seem to be working. I feel like I'm totally self-sabotaging right now, but I don't know what to do really. I'm even annoying myself, so I hope ya'll aren't too sick of me.

Aww, I'm sorry. I didn't know you tweaked your knee. I hope it gets better. We miss you, but I totally get it - when I can't run, thinking/reading/hearing about running makes me sad so I tend to distance myself too.

We're here for you. Smile

Docket_Rocket

Feel better.

Hey everybody. Sorry I've been such a bad forum friend lately. I'm just trying to keep my mind off running so I don't go nuts. I am going to run tonight with the group, just 5 miles. My knee is doing better - I think it's more knee than calf, maybe a little fluid in there. Ive been taking antiinflamatories, and since I don't ever take them they seem to be working. I feel like I'm totally self-sabotaging right now, but I don't know what to do really. I'm even annoying myself, so I hope ya'll aren't too sick of me.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

I just had a surprise second run today....kind of. I have to stay at my fulltime job until late this evening for Parent Teacher conferences, but we have an hour break between when we are done with our work day at 3:30 and when we have to be back for the parents to come at 4:30. Because the school I work at is cheap, we have to clock out and clock back in and don't get paid for that hour so most people leave. A coworker asked me to go for a walk in the park with her for exercise, since she is missing her class at the gym tonight for Parent Teacher Conferences. I happen to have my old running shoes in the car so I said sure, seemed like a good use of time. She was asking me questions about running, and asked if I would try jogging with her. We did a half hour of power walking/slow (very slow) jogging. In kakhi pants and a nice top, lol. It was nice though and she really appreciates it and I gave her a copy of C25K and she is all into starting it. She was so excited she was able to jog because she never tried it before. It was fun. Now, off to see all the kiddos parents.

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

Adrenalines for $61!! Of course in every size up to 11, and I need 11.5.

For others who have run in Adrenalines - if I'm looking for a similar shoe in the stability family, but just want to branch out a bit, any suggestions?

12's or 13's? I need an 11 in the Adrenaline 12s and 11.5 in the 13's.........what site ?

First Race

Hot Chocolate 5K Chicago November 4, 2012 30:17

Second Race

Penguin in the Park 5K Decatur Illinois March 23,2013 27:08

Scott

Running Warehouse. 

They do have GTS12's in size 11. Did not check on the 13's, I would be surprised if they are discounted since they are new.

Dave

StepbyStep-SH

I just had a surprise second run today....kind of. I have to stay at my fulltime job until late this evening for Parent Teacher conferences, but we have an hour break between when we are done with our work day at 3:30 and when we have to be back for the parents to come at 4:30. Because the school I work at is cheap, we have to clock out and clock back in and don't get paid for that hour so most people leave. A coworker asked me to go for a walk in the park with her for exercise, since she is missing her class at the gym tonight for Parent Teacher Conferences. I happen to have my old running shoes in the car so I said sure, seemed like a good use of time. She was asking me questions about running, and asked if I would try jogging with her. We did a half hour of power walking/slow (very slow) jogging. In kakhi pants and a nice top, lol. It was nice though and she really appreciates it and I gave her a copy of C25K and she is all into starting it. She was so excited she was able to jog because she never tried it before. It was fun. Now, off to see all the kiddos parents.

Very cool!

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

Hip Redux

2 mile recovery run tonight.  Was going to be a rest day, but I figured I'd go out since the weather cooperated.

delicate flower

Got done 30 minutes of elliptical followed by 40 minutes of beating the crap out of my legs with PT.  Stuff that used to hurt no longer hurts, and I'm doing it with more weight, more reps, and more range of motion.  Progress...what a concept!

<3

YAYpril - B-Plus

Thunder forced me to run 4 miles instead of 8. That's okay. I wasn't feeling it anyway. Smile

Luke79

Ran 2.5 miles at a very pedestrian 11:10 pace with my son.  Great run with the boy, he's a trooper.

Hip Redux

Thunder forced me to run 4 miles instead of 8. That's okay. I wasn't feeling it anyway. Smile

That's headed our way now I think!

Awww, Luke.  That's nice!

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

just arrived here!

That's headed our way now I think!

Awww, Luke.  That's nice!

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

YAYpril - B-Plus

Luke, that's wonderful. Smile

DH and I went out to dinner. During dinner, we got washed out (rained so hard we couldn't see across the parking lot). And it hailed. Now at home there's a veritable electrical storm in the sky. Sheesh.