Beginners and Beyond

Sunday Sundailies (Read 42 times)

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

CoolWELCOME TO THE DAILIES THREAD!Cool

Anyone and everyone can post your runs, cross-training, abdominal work, rest days, race plans, training questions, etc.. The only stupid question is the one you did not post. There’s a great mix of beginners and veterans, runners and walkers, and maniacs and returners, from injury to running. We're all a little crazy here, too! While this thread is a terrific source of motivation for runners and serves as outstanding accountability, you’ll quickly find this remarkable group to be highly supportive of all life experiences. So, come on in, put your feet up, and stay a while (not literally)! And whoever is up first is welcome to start the thread and we definitely keep some weird hours here.

Marjorie

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Hmm.

Whatcha got today?

Jay I wish it said use a hammer to reformat the Garmin. I haven't actually done it yet

i also need to pack today as I will be in Tampa all week.

Marjorie

Just B.S.

Couple of loads of laundry on the line. Now hubby and I are heading out for 15 miles.

Possibly kayaking this afternoon.

I think I am officially in countdown mode. 6 weeks from today marathon in Ireland. Getting

excited about spending 10 days touring the country with 35 friends!

Have a good day all!

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Morning. Sitting at the airport waiting to board!

Had a blast at my 15K last night!! got to meet lilac_jive and fourouta5! I am pleased with my time, too....1:34:27 Garmin....still haven't seen official results! I have pictures but my phone won't let me post them. So I will do that later! Have a great day!

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

Will run for scenery.

13.1 uphill

13.1 downhill

Stupid feet!

Stupid elbow!

Robert31320

Team TJ

This morning's planned long run was a total flop.

Robert seems to be over-thinking and accessorizing his running.  Starting Monday morning there will be no Garmin, water pack, or the rest of the accumulated doo-dads I seem to have decided I need.  I've transformed myself from runner to pack mule over the last few months and running has become a struggle.  I shall fix that!

Running for TJ because he can't.

delicate flower

'Morning and HAPPY SUNDAY!  Great job on the 15K, Kristin!

Headed out for an 8 mile trail run with the wife in a bit, then errands and lunch with Oski.

I registered for next Sunday's 10K.  I'm thinking I'll aim for a 7:00 pace (sub-44).

<3

StepbyStep-SH

13.1 uphill

13.1 downhill

Good luck!

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

StepbyStep-SH

Not sure if I will get a run in today or not. I'd like to make up the miles I missed Friday when I slept in, but might end up going around to the Parade of Homes with the family instead. If I do run, just 5-6 slow and easy after yesterday's race. I also have 15 planned for tomorrow for my last longish run before the marathon in two weeks.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

Good Morning Dailies, and happy Sunday!

Nice race, Kristin! Glad you enjoyed it and got to meet a couple of other forumites!

Robert, I'm a bit of a pack mule as well, but I tend to carry the extra baggage around my waist in the form of excess body fat. Like everyone else in the civilized world, I could stand to lose 10 pounds. Which would be easy if I gave up late night snacks! Smile

jjs - If given the choice, I'd choose the 13.1 downhill!

SRD today, recovering from yesterday's long run. I 'might' still go out for a short, slow recovery run later, but I'm not in a hurry to attack the road at this time.

Tom (formerly known as PhotogTom)

5K - 25:16, 10K - 55:31,  15K - 1:20:55,   HM - 1:54:54

LRB

What up doe crew!

I got in from my 1300 mile road trip last night a bit before 11:00 pm, and after a couple glasses of delicious Cabernet, I slept like a I did not have a care in the world.

I originally thought I would miss two days of running this weekend (Saturday and Sunday) but actually, I feel pretty good this morning.  As such, I may just get out for something easy before it gets too hot.

Stay tuned...

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

10 miles for me this morning, a good run to top off the week.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

B-Plus

18 coming up

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  Plan was to do 16 miles @ MP +10% but the bad nausea didn't let me pass Mile 12.  The pace was good and aligned with the HR; the stomach was not very good today and I pushed it past what it could.  I have napped for two hours now and still do not feel better.  Good thing this was a cutback week because I hate to miss 4 miles.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Good morning, everyone.

Thank you for starting today's thread, Marjorie. Have a safe trip.

Beth, have a wonderful fifteen-miler with DH.

kristin10185, congratulations on your 15K!

jjs22, good luck!

Robert, bravo on the reboot.

Phil, have an excellent eight-miler.

Shari, have a beautiful day, whatever you do.

Tom, enjoy you well-earned rest day.

Rick, have fun doing whatever you do.

FreeSoul87, have a terrific ten.

B-Plus, enjoy the eighteen.

Tonight, I'll do an easy hour outside. My nineteen-miler will happen tomorrow.

I overslept Friday morning, which turned Friday into another URDSad

I'm off to consume coffee and food, them return home to finish my pink blouse and start my black skirt.