Beginners and Beyond

ThursDAILIES Simplified (Read 46 times)

LRB

Run, eat, massage, eat, last day of work until Monday, eat, eat, eat, eat, eat, eat, eat.

LRB

Break scale.

From the Internet.

MY FOOT IS DEAD.

Feels like I had a really intense cramp in some/all of the muscles in my right arch yesterday afternoon and now it hurts to walk Sad I am going to die if this is an actual problem and not just a muscle recovering from a spasm - has happened in my calf before but never in my foot.

happylily

Good morning, LRB! Your day sounds heavenly. Enjoy!

I was watching Letterman working the drive-thru at Taco Bell, this morning. I will miss the old man.

I have a med-LR tonight. 13, maybe?

Have a great day, everyone!

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

StepbyStep-SH

40 minute spin around the neighborhood on my bike - in 41*. I dressed like a runner, not a cyclist. I might have feeling in my fingers by lunchtime.

Need to go do my PT exercises now. My knee was tender all day yesterday, and it puts me in a really bad mood. Hopefully coffee will help.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

Mornin'.

Rick, thank you for starting today's thread. Have a wonderful day.

(((Lauren))) I hope that you'll be OK.

Lily, enjoy your MLR.

Shari, nice ride. I hope that your PT exercises go well.

I awoke feeling sad this morning. I really miss my dad. I wanted to stay in bed, but I pushed myself to go to the gym, anyway. I threw six quarter-mile repeats into my run. 7.3 miles in 1:04:20. 8:49 pace. Better than I'd planned or expected. I'll do weights and some cardio after work.

happylily

(((Basya))) Awesome run!

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

delicate flower

'Morning!  'Thursday!

Run planned after work.  I was going to swim this morning, but I slept in instead.  I needed that.

<3

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Today's Holiday's

I Need A Patch For That Day 

'It's a Microsoft patch.  It will help stop your addiction to PCs.'

National Wait Staff Day

'Waiter, there's no fly in my soup.'

One Day Without Shoes Day

KEYWORD1 2009-07-03 how come their party seems more exciting that’s where I bu

Red Nose Day- Comic Relief-inspired events have spread across the globe; Red Nose Day is a day when comic relief raises money for various causes.  Launched originally in 1988 in Britain.

Club Penguin Red Nose Day 2013 Cheats

KEYWORD1 2009-12-18 christmas holiday holidays school schools grade grades class

World Day for Cultural Diversity

KEYWORD1 1993-07-10 donut donuts doughnut doughnuts pastry pastries food foods

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Nice run/walk for me yesterday after work.  Rock n Roll Marathon San Antonio hosted a 5K and 5-mile fun run at 6 pm along the San Antonio Riverwalk and you could sign up early for the Rock n Roll Marathon, Half, 5K or 10K if you were so inclined.  About 30 or so people showed up, so a pretty nice turn-out for a worknight evening.  We started and finished at Blue Star Brewery and then post-run there was complimentary beer...nice!  I did the 5K in 33:56.  Cloudy, rain threatening, and a temp of 83 degrees with humidity near 100%, gaack!  But a pretty good breeze was blowing, which helped.  Fun outing and saw lots of folks I know, friends from the local racing scene.

Today is my Thriday!  I am off tomorrow and get to sleep in for a bit, as it's a non-running day.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

cjones1

Finally home.  Rest day today.  It got cold here again.

PRs:

5k - 20:51 - 9/5/15

10k - 47:00 - 5/25/15

15k - 1:10:19 - 11/21/15

13.1 - 1:42:25- 4/25/15

26.2 - TBD (someday)

Little Blue

2 miles in a misty drizzle.  Now eat.  Then pull weeds, if the drizzle doesn't turn into anything worse.

Ric-G

4 easy miles...sounds like some folks here are getting an early start on the weekend (good for you)....more basketball and hockey playoffs later along with badminton with my younger son...continued thoughts and prayers basya, glad you got the run done...

have a great day everyone!

marathon pr - 3:16

Zelanie

Morning!  I walked 4 miles with DH last night.  We are talking about maybe going to see some of the women's World Cup games this June. Smile  Hopefully that will work out.  Going to try a short run to running club tonight.  3.5 miles there, and if they suck, I can get a ride home.  If not, I'll run home.

Basya- Hugs.  Glad you got to the gym.

Lauren- Hoping it's just a cramp.  My thigh cramped up big time when I was changing after the marathon, and it was way more sore than anything else for the next day or so.  I'd imagine the same thing would happen with a foot, so hopefully it passes just as quickly.

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Hi Dailies.

Last night: 8th grade awards with DD2.

Tonight: Eye appointment and senior awards/dinner with DD1.

This weekend: not sure

Next week: 8th grade promotion and HS graduation ceremonies.

No running but busy as usual.

In other news, I am sore. Last night on my core workout, went from using 3 lb. dumbbells to 5 lbs.  What a difference those 2 lbs. make! I hope to feel and see some results in a few weeks. I would rather be running but at least it's something! Smile

See ya.