Beginners and Beyond

Kiss My Ass FriDAILIES (Read 258 times)

FlippyNoodle

Not a dude

Thanks everyone!  Down 87lbs in a year, I'll take it!  I was looking at pictures from last Christmas, and I don't even recognize myself lol. Wife and I need to do a before/after shot, found a pic of us from last Dec, it's unreal.  She's down 123lbs. Smile  

WOW!!! That is awesome!!!!!!!

Docket_Rocket

Hmm, so far we've got a funny ass, a hairy ass, a hard ass, a hot ass and a pretty ass....oh, and a Bad Ass.

Sheeit, we're gettin' more ass than a toilet seat! 

Big grin

You rang?

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Mmmmm...beer

WOW!!! That is awesome!!!!!!!

Thanks!  It's definitely been a great year for both of us, can't wait to see what next year brings!

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

Nightcrawler-

You may be right

Hmm, so far we've got a funny ass, a hairy ass, a hard ass, a hot ass and a pretty ass....oh, and a Bad Ass.

Sheeit, we're gettin' more ass than a toilet seat! 

Big grin

Now all we need is that guy to post a picture of his nice bare ass that I ran across the other day in a thread then this thread would be complete. I don't remember the thread or the guys name (sorry I'm new here..I'm bad with names). If I remembered his name I'd PM him for him to contribute to this thread. . :-)

Don't believe everything you think. 

Will run for scenery.

Thanks everyone!  Down 87lbs in a year, I'll take it!  I was looking at pictures from last Christmas, and I don't even recognize myself lol. Wife and I need to do a before/after shot, found a pic of us from last Dec, it's unreal.  She's down 123lbs. Smile  

That is amazing !  Especially hitting it at this time of year.  I was looking through the race photo thread yesterday and saw your pics and thought : "Wasn't that the dude who lost a bunch of weight ? Nah, couldn't be..."

I lost around 40 and was about 2 pounds shy of my "normal" (1980's) weight over the summer, but injury, darkness, work, laziness, and the eating season did some damage.  I'm on the way back down now, so I guess I get to hit my goal again.

Stupid feet!

Stupid elbow!

@runjerseygirl

Now all we need is that guy to post a picture of his nice bare ass that I ran across the other day in a thread then this thread would be complete. I don't remember the thread or the guys name (sorry I'm new here..I'm bad with names). If I remembered his name I'd PM him for him to contribute to this thread. . :-)

That was Matt.  And mucknort sent a few of us a sexy ass pic.  :whistle:

Do you even run?

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

D2T2, congrats on the weight!

6 miles, easy pace, very windy out. Slower than usual, but that's OK. 9:44 pace including about 7:35 for the last 0.1 mile. The wind was really standing me up at times.

Tom (formerly known as PhotogTom)

5K - 25:16, 10K - 55:31,  15K - 1:20:55,   HM - 1:54:54

LRB

You forgot about my boobies....

Asses, cakeballs, and boobies.  S*S would pull her hair out!  Wink

@runjerseygirl

There wouldn't be a BF left once she got done with us, LOL!  

Do you even run?

Docket_Rocket

Too bad she is not moderating this place.  Wait....Joking

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

LRB

Got my results back.  My cholesterol is now seven points higher than it was in 2010 when I ate meat and wasn't running.

I'm gonna go order the biggest, fattest, thickest steak I can find and die happy!

Docket_Rocket

Got my results back.  My cholesterol is now seven points higher than it was in 2010 when I ate meat and wasn't running.

I'm gonna go order the biggest, fattest, thickest steak I can find and die happy!

Bah.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

Just B.S.

Wow! Huge congrats to you both!!! That is so awesome!

Hubby and I both lost almost 50 lbs when we started running (13 years for me and 10 for him).

I cringe now when I look at old photos but I also like to remind myself of what our old life was

like and how much better our 40's were than our 30's when we were overweight and less

active.

If we hadn't done something then I hate to think where we would be now. I read the dailies but

but an a very unregular poster here but I wanted to pop in and say a big huge Way To Go!!!

B-Plus

Wtf LRB? Are you on the same diet as my co-worker? He calls himself vegetarian, but he doesn't actually eat vegetables. Just cookies and chips. I'm sorry to hear that. I hope you can get those numbers down ... Otherwise just order that steak.

Will run for scenery.

In my couch potato days (up until year and a half ago) my doc kept nagging me about my numbers and then came the label 'pre-diabetic'.  That plus a minor chest pain after a 1 mile walk played a big role in me deciding to get into shape.

Diet-wise, I went low carb; not extreme carbo-phobia, just counted my calories and found the easiest ones for me to eliminate and not feel deprived were the carbs.  Zero soda, almost no bread, rice, or pasta.  And dessert was for special occassions, in moderation.  Really, the dessert part was the only tough part.

But one thing I did NOT give up was fat.  If anything, my intake of eggs, bacon, and butter went up, and I only made a tiny downward adjustment in the portion size of my fave : the grilled ribeye steak.  I cook more meals outdoors than in.

Six months of this made for some serious weight loss, and a moderate improvement in my blood tests.  But when I got into running, the numbers went crazy.  Good crazy.  My doc shook his head, and kept muttering "this is amazing".  He said it's what it looks like when the lab mixes up the samples.  (Boy, that makes you feel confident, don't it ?).  Several of my numbers were still highlighted, and I asked why.  He said they were still outside of the ordinary range.  On the good side.

Anyway, there's lots of pushy advice to be had on diet, so I don't want to come off as that guy.  But you might want to look into a lower carb and higher fat diet.  High fat sounds totally crazy and wrong, but the science condemning fat is pretty shabby.  Its mostly just a policy that has been repeated often enough to sound familiar and therefore must be true.  

Stupid feet!

Stupid elbow!