Beginners and Beyond

Another Example of Do Not Celebrate Your Victory Prior to Crossing the Tape (Read 66 times)

This example occurred at the Peachtree Road Race 10K in Atlanta this July 4th.  I had read accounts in the local newspaper but the video seems more incriminating regarding the error.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2015/07/05/american-runner-loses-to-brit-in-july-4-race-by-less-than-one-second-but-what-happens-at-finish-line-might-make-you-wince/

“Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go.” - T.S. Eliot

Docket_Rocket

People will never learn.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

bluerun

Super B****

I honestly can't imagine having that much confidence.  Ever.

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

I can't even  imagine winning a race.

LRB

Not that I have a flippin' clue of what I am talking about, but in some instances it is easier to run down someone in front of you than it is to hold off someone behind you.

Having said that Payne is obviously pulling up as the Brit is digging deep into his sprint.

There is a cruel irony though that he is an American serviceman racing on a patriotic holiday, and ultimately lost first place overall to someone named Overall.

delicate flower

<3

Docket_Rocket

Perfect example of being a douchebag idiot.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Slymoon Runs

race obsessed

Not that I have a flippin' clue of what I am talking about, but in some instances it is easier to run down someone in front of you than it is to hold off someone behind you.

Having said that Payne is obviously pulling up as the Brit is digging deep into his sprint.

There is a cruel irony though that he is an American serviceman racing on a patriotic holiday, and ultimately lost first place overall to someone named Overall.

beer run

He thought he won and threw up the number one, I've seen much worse. Not enough there to paint him the bad guy.