Beginners and Beyond

A progress report of your year thus far: How is it shaping up? (Read 84 times)

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

I was rolling until the middle of June. I had a 108 day streak and was averaging 55mpw. - I give that an A+

From the middle of June until now, I have ran about 55 miles.  This week will be a 0 miles event.  Poor judgement and arrogance (gogo failing to take a cutback after a 75 mile week) are to blame.  I sometimes forget I'm not a teenager. - I give myself an F

I hope I heal and the last 5 months are at least a C.  I still want 2500 miles this year.  Maybe I at least learned something, but I cant be sure.

Runner with a riding problem.

No more marathons

I give myself a "meh" for the year so far.  Miles are down compared to the past two years ... but then I have been doing a lot of other things (snowshoeing in winter, canoeing & hiking this summer) instead.  And traveling, exploring places we've haven't experienced yet (like Utah and NM, and hopefully PEI this fall). 

I have only participated in one "race" (a charity mud run) and have nothing else scheduled for this year.  Signing up for a race this year just seems anticlimactic after completing a 50k last summer ... & that was my big running goal.

If all we do is run we would become very boring human beings.  I fear I've become boring.  Your activities listed above sound like an A+ to me.  I've got some running goals that take me through this time next year.  After that, maybe some snowshoeing, canoeing, and hiking should be on the agenda (and a trip to Scotland - gotta get that  in).

Boston 2014 - a 33 year journey

Lordy,  I hope there are tapes. 

He's a leaker!

LRB

I was rolling until the middle of June. I had a 108 day streak and was averaging 55mpw. - I give that an A+

From the middle of June until now, I have ran about 55 miles.  This week will be a 0 miles event.  Poor judgement and arrogance (gogo failing to take a cutback after a 75 mile week) are to blame.  I sometimes forget I'm not a teenager. - I give myself an F

I hope I heal and the last 5 months are at least a C.  I still want 2500 miles this year.  Maybe I at least learned something, but I cant be sure.

Hate to hear that from anyone and especially a fellow teammate, hope you are back to 100% soon!  Will it affect any of your long term goals or events for the year?

Zelanie

Pleasant Ridge- Yikes on the all-start week aftermath!  I am hoping that it improves quickly!

workinprogress11

I am auditing this year.

This cracked me up though I'm sorry for the reason.

My year has been a solid D.  I will adopt the Cubs philosophy and say we'll get 'em next year.

Antipodean

Thanks, Damaris and Julie. And from one Julie to another, thanks for missing me. I have struggled with motivation so have found this place hard to be at. But I hope that is beginning to change!

Hey, peeps, it's good to reflect, is it not?

Julie

"It's not the mountain we conquer, but ourselves."

~ Sir Edmund Hillary

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

Hate to hear that from anyone and especially a fellow teammate, hope you are back to 100% soon!  Will it affect any of your long term goals or events for the year?

I have only run a couple of races a year since I started, and they aren't really that important to me.  I would like to get faster and post awesome times, but that isn't what motivates me to run at all.

My only long term goal is to run until I am too old or dead to run.  So, I will be fine after the foot/ankle gets better.  My wife will just have to tolerate me until I can get back to my morning dose of the warm and fuzzies.

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

Pleasant Ridge- Yikes on the all-start week aftermath!  I am hoping that it improves quickly!

Thanks Zelanie.  I'm sure it will get better when I stop being hardheaded and take a whole week off.  I had no idea how much I would grow to NEED to run.

LRB

Hey, peeps, it's good to reflect, is it not?

Yes, that's when corrections for the future can be made.  In fact I am off this week because of reflections made in the past which does not guarantee anything, but may eliminate fatigue or burnout as a possible cause for injury.

WIP, lily is gonna get you.  lol

Hang tough PR!  Not being able to run sucks but we have all been there.