Beginners and Beyond

FriDAILIES: To be or not to be? (Read 37 times)

LRB

LRB

What's up team!

You know me; heading out for 7.

See ya!

Docket_Rocket

Morning.  I want all the coffee in the world, thank you.

I have Pilates and 6 after work.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Cyberic

Rest day again for me. I've been biking to work and back and walking for 45-60 minutes during lunch since Wednesday , Tuesday played hockey, but no running. I'll start again on Sunday, one week after the race. Physically I feel great, and could have ran easily yesterday, but I want to see if I'll develop a little craving for running in one week. I think about it more and more, but I can't say I miss running after four days off.

Have a great day everyone.

runninggirl30

Morning!

LRB-  have fun with that 7

Damaris- I hope your feeling better today

Cy- glad your feeling good!  I'm sure that craving will show up.  How do your legs feel 4 days out?  I'd like to do a FM someday and even though it's a ways off I like to learn what I can.  That's awesome!

Planning on 3 again today.  Can't wait for day when I can post something other than 3!!!  My upper body is slightly sore from the weights I did yesterday.  A good sore though.

Beast mode definitely off. 8 sluggish miles.

Dave

happylily

Morning!

The peanut butter toast I had for breakfast is sitting heavy in my stomach. I hate when this happens. Hopefully the 15 miler at progression I have later tonight will take care of it.

It's fab Friday! Be merry, everyone!

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

Docket_Rocket

What is this beast mode you speak of?

In great news, my boss is on vacation until the 14th so we are planning an impromptu party of happiness.  If only the bitch nearby would go on permanent vacation as well.  Oh, well.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

LRB

Can't wait for day when I can post something other than 3!!! 

We have all been there.  My first year running was a million 3.7 mile runs, mostly because that is all I had time for but partly because that was all I was capable of.

Keep your head up, they all matter!

PS, I understand what you mean though.  Smile

To beast or not to beast?

As for chores, yes.  There's a whole ton of cleaning here to do.  Running, not so much.  I'll go get some done nice and easy in a bit.

delicate flower

'Morning!  7 more warm and humid miles done.  At least I can "enjoy" this weather knowing that it has been raining back home.

I'll end up with around 44 miles for the week, which I consider a pretty big success.

<3

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Non-running day for me today.   Nice cool front moved in and it is only 59 degrees this morning, sweet!  We will have this weather through the weekend - which will be nice for my 5K on Sunday - and then the temp will shoot back up to the 90s next week.  Apparently Texas Mother Nature can't make up her flippin' mind whether to keep us in summer of autumn.

Big storm in Dallas area last night, thousands of folks lost power.  Our local news weather guy was showing a satellite view of the storms up there and there were flashes going on-and-off - like those oldtime news phototgrapher flashbulbs is what it reminded me of - and the weather guy told us 'that is not lightning you are seeing there, those are transformers exploding...."  Dang!  Hope any of our runners up there are safe!

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

What is this beast mode you speak of?

In great news, my boss is on vacation until the 14th so we are planning an impromptu party of happiness.  If only the bitch nearby would go on permanent vacation as well.  Oh, well.

There are probably some guys in Jersey, Philly, or Detroit that can make that happen.... 

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Docket_Rocket

There are probably some guys in Jersey, Philly, or Detroit that can make that happen.... 

Ha.  I meant it as a permanent vacation from the office, not with the fishes!

Damaris

Fundraising Page

Zelanie

Time to suffer the slings and arrows of outrageous fortune- expo day today!  I'm going to drive up after work and then drive back home because I need to work Saturday morning, and DD has a SAT prep class anyway.  Then on Saturday we'll drive back up to stay the night.