Beginners and Beyond

What are your Halloween plans? (Read 58 times)

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

So I started the Penguin thread, and the QOTD was going to be what people's plans for Halloween were.....dressing up? Taking kids Trick or Treating? Wearing a costume to work? Going to a party? Don't celebrate the holiday at all? But someone else made the Penguins thread at the same time as me, so I just changed it to a general thread about Halloween.

I work at a school for children with special needs, and we are expected to dress up. I have been making a Yellow Angry Bird costume for the past week. Not quite done yet so I can't post pictures but it involves a lot of yellow felt, a crazy triangular hat, a lot of feathers, and a sparkly orange beak coming out of my stomach.

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

This is the yellow angry bird for those not familiar with the game. I had to change this post to something.....so....yeah....this is my costume

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

catwhoorg

Labrat

Cannot really dress up at work (safety regs).

Tonight DW is taking DD to an event at the local college.

Tomorrow, we will be ToT as a family in our subdivision. With 2 year old legs, probably just our road is as far as we will cover.

Friday, I rummage through DD's candy stash and remove probably half of it.

What will be left is more than she will eat between now and Christmas anyway.

5K  20:23  (Vdot 48.7)   9/9/17

10K  44:06  (Vdot 46.3)  3/11/17

HM 1:33:48 (Vdot 48.6) 11/11/17

FM 4:13:43 (Vdot 35.4) 3/4/18

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

I am doing this 5K at 6 P.M. on Halloween.  This will be Race #60 for me for the year.   This one benefits Children's Advocates of San Antonio (CASA)

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Awesome! I Beat Cancer shirt or costume, scotty?

I am doing this 5K at 6 P.M. on Halloween.  This will be Race #60 for me for the year.   This one benefits Children's Advocates of San Antonio (CASA)

delicate flower

Cool stuff, Scotty!

I'll be sitting around the house handing out candy.  DW will be holding back the dog every time the doorbell rings.  Big grin

World Series game 7 is scheduled but hopefully it won't need to be played!

<3

Philliefan33

I'll be handing out candy to the trick-or-treaters.

One for the monster....one for me.  One for the princess....one for me.

Hip Redux

Imagine living in this lady's neighborhood.   What a debbie downer.

obiebyke

Our motion sensor front light only works for 7 foot tall people like my landlord, so we're effectively dark. The plan--if it's warm enough--is for me and my upstairs neighbors in the duplex to sit on the porch and hand out candy. I joked that we should hand out floss. My neighbors didn't think it was funny.

My mom, the weirdo, always gets a candy alternative for diabetic kids. I mean, super nice of her, but I think there's been a diabetic kid at her door once in all my 31 years.

Call me Ray (not Ishmael)

Venomized

Drink up moho's!!

Imagine living in this lady's neighborhood.   What a debbie downer.

November 1st news will be about her house covered in eggs and flaming bags of dog shit on the front porch

Zelanie

I swear people bus their kids into our neighborhood for Halloween.  Lots of houses, pretty close together, plus plenty of families with kids.

DH has some intelligent lights from back when he used to DJ.  Sometimes he sets them up in the upstairs window on Halloween, with scary music and a smoke machine downstairs.  Lots of fun, but can be scary for the real little ones.

Here is a short video from a few years ago.

StepbyStep-SH

At some point, I will take DS around the neighborhood in his Army costume (more specifically, he would like to dress as a World War I doughboy, but the costume is camouflage, and as he will tell you, camouflage wasn't developed until WWII, so it isn't quite right Roll eyes). Then hand out candy when we get back. I'm not sure if DH will be home to hand out candy while we're roaming the neighborhood, so I probably have way too much candy.

DH will do his annual duty of carving the pumpkin tonight - and DS will eat his annual fill of raw pumpkin guts. Tight lips

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

I'll be running this Halloween 5K.

meaghansketch

Uh, I'm going to a marathon expo!  Does that count?

Seriously, though, my weird pre-race diet/alcohol restrictions this week (plus a total lack of time) led to me skipping the annual halloween party among my artist friends, who all make their own costumes.  Halloween night I'll still be trying to get my apartment semi-clean (my mom is coming up for the marathon, and is going to stay with me, and I'd rather skip the lecture).  Kids in my neighborhood get candy from stores rather than going apartment-to-apartment (I think it's an NYC thing?) but I always have one or two trick-or-treaters.  Last year, with Sandy, I forgot entirely and had nothing but granola bars to give them.  This year I think I'll buy a little bag of candy just in case.  I start carb-loading on Thursday, and candy is carbs, right?

#artbydmcbride

Running club Halloween costume run tonight with awards for best costume afterwards.   I am running in an Ink n Burn outfit; The Mummy.

Wash and dry it tonight and wear it again to work tomorrow.  Halloween potluck at work, try not to eat too much sweet stuff.    Hand out candy at the door tomorrow night.

Women's Mummy Tech Shirt - FrontWomen's Mummy Capri Pants Front

Runners run