Beginners and Beyond

RR: New Orleans Rock n Roll Half Marathon (Read 77 times)

buchy2009

Bjørnmannen

So I have mostly been lurking and not posting around here lately because I've been super busy with work and school.  Thought I'd drop in to share my race report from my last half this past weekend.  Hate dealing with pictures here, so I started a blog to do race reports.   I hope y'all have been doing well!

http://runningbjornmannen.wordpress.com/

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Great report.  Congrats on the race!

Damaris

buchy2009

Bjørnmannen

Thanks and thanks for reading!

SheCan

Hey!  Glad you came out of lurk-mode to share this report.  A first HM is an exciting race.  Sounds like you did really well, and passing all those people at the end must have felt exhilarating.  I'm on your side, it's great to end a race feeling strong and fast.  Congratulations to you (and your g/f on her first Full!)  Ouch, that bloody tee-shirt looks awful!  Makes me glad to be a girl!     Don't be a stranger, and good luck in your future running!

Cherie

"We do not become the people who this world needs simply by turning our backs on anyone we don’t like, trust, or deem healthy enough to be in our presence. "  ---- Shasta Nelson

Gustav1

Fear is a Liar

Good job on your race and a very cool report. My wife and I just went down to New Orleans in October and loved it!

I'm so vegetarian I don't even eat animal crackers!

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Great job finishing your first HM! Sounds like you had fun!!

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

Supersono99

Congrats on your improvement. Sounds like you had a nice time, minus the tweaked foot.

YAYpril - B-Plus

Great job and congrats! Love that last mile pace. Smile Hope the foot isn't too serious.

Shakedown Street

Good job...I really wanted to go to that race, but the schedule would not allow.

Started-5/12, RWOL refugee,5k-24:23 (1/12/13),10K-55:37(9/15/12),HM-1:52:59(3/24/13)

Zelanie

Congratulations on finishing your second and getting a PR!  Very handy that your hotel was on the course!

Looks like you ran it very evenly and consistently- way to go!

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Congratulations on the PR and the improvements you're making.  Those were some very nice splits.  That shirt looked awfully painful though!  Ouch.  Keep up the good work.

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn