Beginners and Beyond

New Timing........things (Read 99 times)

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

I noticed when picking up my bib last night that I didn't receive a timing tag for my shoe, at first I didn't care because I had my garmin. Then I noticed two strange strips on the back of my bib that said Chrono Track, apparently it is a new thing or Evansville's races are finally getting into it???

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Coastal

That's your timing chip.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

I know, it's just new to me. First time I've seen one so far, all my past races have had the shoe tags. I thought these were interesting, also nice to not have to stop right after crossing the finish line and try to stand while they take the shoe tag off.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

My 3 races that I've run so far have had the bib chip.... never had a shoe chip before.

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

Docket_Rocket

We've been using those for a few years and I have not seen a timing tag for my shoe in quite a while.

I noticed when picking up my bib last night that I didn't receive a timing tag for my shoe, at first I didn't care because I had my garmin. Then I noticed two strange strips on the back of my bib that said Chrono Track, apparently it is a new thing or Evansville's races are finally getting into it???

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Luke79

I know, it's just new to me. First time I've seen one so far, all my past races have had the shoe tags. I thought these were interesting, also nice to not have to stop right after crossing the finish line and try to stand while they take the shoe tag off.

I hope we start using the bib chip at some point.  It will be a little better than standing there with my heart pounding and dripping sweat all over the person removing my shoe chip.

Docket_Rocket

At least you have somebody remove yours.  We've always used the ones that you throw away.  The only time I had a removable one was in Berlin and that was a pain in the ass because we had to remove it ourselves.  45000 people doing it at once, all sore from just finishing a marathon, yeah, that was easy.

I hope we start using the bib chip at some point.  It will be a little better than standing there with my heart pounding and dripping sweat all over the person removing my shoe chip.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Little Blue

Hopefully your chip is stuck to the back of the bib.  The last race I was in, they put it on a tear off tag on the bottom of the bib.  They collected them at the end, for some reason.  But we did see a few on the course that got torn off.  That would make me a little pissy, to discover that my chip fell off during the race.

YAYpril - B-Plus

I've never had a shoe chip - only bib. One of our local HMs had shoe chips but I think they swapped to bib the first year I ran it.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Evansville must be behind or something lol, there were two of these strips on the back of the bib, not where they tear it off. I didn't even have to stop after crossing the line !!! Yay!! I hope the HMs I am doing this year will have this, I hate having to stop and stand while somebody cuts the tag off my shoe, at that point I just want to fall over and die Clown

PRs