Beginners and Beyond

The Damn DAILIES (Read 52 times)

LRB

'Sup!

More snow, more cold, what else is new.  I wanna take my gun and shoot randomly at the sky hoping to nip Jack Frost or Mother Nature right in the ass!

Of course those south and west mostly have no complaints, so pardon us while the rest of the country freezes its ass off.  lol

I am heading to the gym for some strength work and a short run.  Wha cha got crew?

happylily

Morning!

I have 15 miles on tap for this afternoon. But first, feed the cat, then wake up with the help of lots of Jamaican coffee.

Have a great day everyone!

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

delicate flower

GOOD MORNING AND HAPPY NACHOS!  This work day is the only thing standing between me and my ski vacation....and I've got a fair bit of work to get through.

8 miles on the treadmill last night at 8:13 pace.  4 easy and 4 medium.  More treadmill after work today, then I probably won't run at all next week.  I'll be too tired to run and I could actually use a week off since I've been hammering out the miles the last eights months without a break.

Have yourselves a great Friday!  Hopefully everyone will get a chance to listen to some .38 Special today. 

<3

StepbyStep-SH

SRD and taking DS and friends to the National Eagle Center along the Mississippi River about 75 miles from us. They have several captive eagles (injured and couldn't be returned to the wild), and that stretch of the river doesn't freeze, so a lot of bald eagles overwinter in the area. They say you can sometimes see several dozen from the windows of the center.

Then tonight I need to finish packing and get directions programmed into my GPS to get up and head to Milwaukee at a good time tomorrow.

Have a great day, folks!

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

Docket_Rocket

Yes, the damn fucking dailies (you missed a word on the title, sweety!!)

For those following my saga on yesterday's dailies, I spent the whole night at the ER with my friend.  I left her there at 5:30am and without sleep prepared for work and I'm working.  The doctor saw her at 7am!!!!!  Da fuck, that's 8 hours!  Anyway, everything came out OK but they want to do more tests so they are keeping her in a room to check for a blood clot or something.  Hubby laughed at that and said they just want $.  But at least that gives us time to pick her up later because I have depositions all day.

If I run tonight, someone better buy me a prize because at this point it will be a miracle.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

SRD and taking DS and friends to the National Eagle Center along the Mississippi River about 75 miles from us. They have several captive eagles (injured and couldn't be returned to the wild), and that stretch of the river doesn't freeze, so a lot of bald eagles overwinter in the area. They say you can sometimes see several dozen from the windows of the center.

Then tonight I need to finish packing and get directions programmed into my GPS to get up and head to Milwaukee at a good time tomorrow.

Have a great day, folks!

Good luck tomorrow!  Bruce said he is DNSing.  So, it will be only you!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Zelanie

Morning, dailies!  I have 14 on the schedule after work tonight.  Then, if I am up for it, I should start on DD's birthday cake.  If I get the layers made tonight, I can have some time to run tomorrow afternoon, so I won't have to get up ridiculously early to do it.  But we will see.

D- Hope your day at least passes quickly so that you can get some rest.  And hope that your friend continues to be OK!

LRB- Morning!

Lily- Have a good run!

Phil- Hope the ski trip is a blast!

Shari- Good luck!!!

LRB

Yes, the damn fucking dailies (you missed a word on the title, sweety!!)

I guess, my goodness what a flippin' adventure for you!

Brrrrrrr

Uffda

Good luck Shari!

Sad Damaris.

Yesterday we brought DD in to the doctor. She said that it's likely some lingering gastroenteritis. It's good to hear the doctor say that it should get over in the near future, but it's better news to have my pregnant wife finally breathe a sigh of relief. It's funny, my wife always says that she's going to kick the bucket for me. She knows how to generate anxiety like it's going out of style. Such is the life of the mother, I guess.

On the running side of things. It's a cut-back week and it's my shortest run of the week. So 4 miles on the TM this morning. I've got a Tempo/Easy run scheduled for tomorrow (about half and half). I also have our realtor coming over to take a look at our house for the first time and to talk a bit about the whole buying/selling thing.

Have a good day everyone!

- Andrew

Hip Redux

Hola mi amigos!

Did you know it's cold out?  No?  Well IT'S COLD OUT.   Goddammnit.  I ran outside yesterday and I still can't feel my fingers.

And I really hope Dave is in a better mood today. 

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

This morning Rocky and I ran 6 miles on the trails in 3 degrees, I will say that I have been wanting and wishing for frosty eyelashes every time I see other runners with them. This morning I finally got my wish and took pics to prove it!! I was actually scared that my eyes were going to freeze shut, luckily they didn't. This was definitely a tough run, but I love the bragging rights and the looks I get from people when I tell them about my runs in this weather. It was a slow run, 6 miles in 1:10:20 but I very much enjoyed the peace on the trails. Smile

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

B-Plus

Good morning! Goal is 5 miles today. SRD yesterday.

Will run for scenery.

Frosty Eyelashes indeed!  And droolcicles on the pooch!

Yesterday was 16 and snowing, today sunny and 57.  I'll take it.

Step - I missed it - What are you running tomorrow ?

Stupid feet!

Stupid elbow!

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Yep, sadly Rocky wanted to keep going but I have to have the brains in this relationship and make the decisions Smile

Frosty Eyelashes indeed!  And droolcicles on the pooch!

Yesterday was 16 and snowing, today sunny and 57.  I'll take it.

Step - I missed it - What are you running tomorrow ?

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Hola mi amigos!

Did you know it's cold out?  No?  Well IT'S COLD OUT.   Goddammnit.  I ran outside yesterday and I still can't feel my fingers.

And I really hope Dave is in a better mood today. 

Well I wouldn't count on it. Currently -1F with -21 windchill. Wind about 20mph now, and expected to get up to 30mph later.

Kids are in a good mood anyway -- they cancelled school today due to the cold, and it's finals week.

Planning a lunchtime run. Actually yesterday's outdoor run at -5 windchill wasn't too bad; fingers went numb after the first mile, but warmed up so in fact by mile 3 I even took off my outer gloves. Nothing else really gets too unbearably cold since I have figured out the proper attire. However did not even bother bringing my outdoor gear today; the treadmill it shall be.

Dave