Beginners and Beyond

Simple Saturdailies (Read 49 times)

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

CoolWELCOME TO THE DAILIES THREAD!   Cool

Anyone and everyone can post your runs, cross-training, abdominal work, rest days, race plans, training questions, etc.. The only stupid question is the one you did not post. There’s a great mix of beginners and veterans, runners and walkers, and maniacs and returners, from injury to running. We're all a little crazy here, too! While this thread is a terrific source of motivation for runners and serves as outstanding accountability, you’ll quickly find this remarkable group to be highly supportive of all life experiences. So, come on in, put your feet up, and stay a while (not literally)! And whoever is up first is welcome to start the thread and we definitely keep some weird hours.

Marjorie

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

I went to bed ridiculously early. Travel exhausts me sometimes.

Today a run on super flat roads as I'm home and start the mulch laying. I always amaze the dudes at Home Depot on how many bags of mulch I can get in my car. They do not believe me. It is all about space planing.

Have a great day runners.

Marjorie

LRB

Supp Marj!

There are songs written about me and the amount of stuff I can fit into a vehicle when moving.  It's basically a puzzle, how do you fit all of that, into there; maximize the space baby.

Welp, it's currently 35 degrees here and while everyone from the post man to the landscapers are complaining and belly aching, I am frothing at the mouth to get out there and run fast in it, ha!

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Supp Marj!

There are songs written about me and the amount of stuff I can fit into a vehicle when moving.  It's basically a puzzle, how do you fit all of that, into there; maximize the space baby.

Welp, it's currently 35 degrees here and while everyone from the post man to the landscapers are complaining and belly aching, I am frothing at the mouth to get out there and run fast in it, ha!

35???

and yes it is a puzzle. Not a bad one though. just takes some planning.

Have a great run. I need to go run myself.

Marjorie

flarunner

Mornin' Folks!

I did 10 this morning. Now, breakfast and then off to the grocery store.

Have a safe and wonderful holiday weekend everyone!

MtnBikerChk

running is bad for you

3 days off in a row!  I'm so excited.  I have a whole list of things I want to get done and I don't know which to do first......

think I'll go back to sleep.

StepbyStep-SH

A few errands to run, some packing and short run to fit in before DS and I head to the race expo and then to my FIL's farm for the weekend. Looking to just keep this low-key and enjoy the cooler weather for running. My goal: Enjoy the last half of tomorrow's race more than I did the last half of Fargo.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

SUSchnauzer

Run Long, Hard, and Fast

Good morning fellow runners! I am in my first week of marathon training. I am doing the Hudson Level 3 adaptive marathon training plan. I will log between 53-57 miles this week which will be a PB for me. I think the weekly mileage PB's will be coming fast and furious with this training plan.

My total mileage for last year was 684 miles. I was a new runner and went through many non-running related issues. From being laid out for 2 months recovering from hernia surgery to an infection in my spine to a nasty shin contusion just to name a few issues. It was hard to gain any running fitness and I had to keep starting over again. This year started off with the tragic passing of my father so I hardly ran in January because of grieving. I started full-time running February 1st and have already logged 626 miles for the year

I am running the Wineglass Marathon in Bath, NY on October 6th. My goal is to BQ. For me, at age 45, that would be 3:25 which is about a 7:49 pace. I know it is an ambitious goal but my training has gone well and it is a realistic stretch. It will be my first FM and first race over 4.4 miles.

Have a great day everyone! Run long, hard, and fast! God bless you all!

Woke up to a beautiful sunny Memorial Day weekend morning. And of course LRB stole my headline: 35 degrees.

Will go out a bit later this morning once it hits 50 or so.

Have a great day everyone.

Dave

BruceD555

MarjorieAnn3137- Good morning and nice work on amazing those HD guys. I agree with you & LRB, it's all about loading and space usage. I used to love to be able to move myself to/from college in my CRX with everything I needed.

LRB- It sounds like you're getting our weather from yesterday ... it started at 37 but warmed up to the upper 50s by the afternoon. Glorious running weather!

flarunner- Nice work on the early 10 miles and I also think it was a wise choice to do breakfast before the grocery store ... that saves $ not shopping hungry.

MtnBikerChk- Actually, you've stumbled into the very important "pre-work" phase of getting things done. Enjoy the extra rest and the remainder of your day.

StepbyStep-SH- Enjoy that shakeout run today and the low-key race tomorrow.

I have about 6 recovery miles planned for today, but first coffee as I listen to the rain fall outside. Last night I ran 9 miles by feel at a perceived easy pace (I did have my Garmin but didn't look at it) and looking at the splits I was amazed at how unvaried my pace was throughout. The only exceptions were on one mile that climbs up Main St. hill and the final mile when a yipper dog chased me down the middle of the street for a block and a half. Enjoy your days & be safe out there.

Train smart ... race smarter.

Hip Redux

Keurig is doing its thing.   Mmmm, coffee.  Big grin

Debating on my 5k this morning.   It's the ONLY event in my town and I've missed it the last two years due to injury.  But it's 45 degrees out and drizzling (more rain on the way, I think), and my back is cranky.   I could deal with the weather since the thing is 4 minutes down the road,  but running in the weather + unhappy back is possibly not the greatest of ideas.

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

10.6 for me. Now to Home Depot I go.

Marjorie

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Had a 5K scheduled for this morning.  Postponed to a later date..the rain in San Antonio is coming down at a rate of 3 inches per hour!  It's been raining since 4 a.m. this morning  and it's still coming down and the park where the race was to be held is quite flooded now.  Just about every road in San Antonio is flooded.   We really needed some rain, but this is a bit of overkill.  So a good day to just sit home and be safe.   I still may get a 5K in though, because I had two scheduled for today.  My next  one is at 8:30 tonight, the Get Up and Glow 5K, held at Retama Park, the local horse-racing park of San Antonio.  A night-time race with 'glow stick stations' along the way.  Hopefully things will dry out enough over the day so this event can be held.

Good luck with the mulch, Marjorie. Hope it does not give you mulch trouble at all.

35 degrees!  BRRR!  Glad you enjoy that type of weather, LRB.   I'll take the warm stuff.

Congrats on the 10, flarunner.

Have a great holiday weekend, MBC.  Sleeping in is a nice holiday benefit.

Safe travel, Step, and enjoy your weekend and the trail race!

Good luck with your training, SUS.

Woke up to a beautiful sunny Memorial Day weekend morning.      Yeah, DaveP, go ahead, rub it in... Wink    I'm in 'race withdrawals" now, with my 5K being postponed.   Funny, this morning, when I called John, the RD, and asked if the race was still on.  He said "Yeah, if you want to do a boat race."   Enjoy your nice day, Dave!

when a yipper dog chased me down the middle of the street for a block and a half.  See, Bruce, this is why you should carry dog biscuits with you. Big grin    Good luck with the recovery miles.

Nothing wrong with a bit of drizzle, Oski, long as there is no lightning.  That's the problem here, not only are we having major rain, we are also getting the sound-and-light show, so not too safe to be running outside about now.  Unhappy back though...that sucks!   I can relate to the back issue (stupid spinal arthritis!)  Hope that resolves soon!   Whatever you decide to do, rest or go do the race, I hope you have a great day!

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

delicate flower

'Morning!  Don't let MtnBikerChk fool you.  She came to the gym with me this morning and she banged out six miles on the treadmill.  *high fives*

I got in a real good legs workout.  I need to start working the non-surgery leg more because it has fallen behind strength wise.  I do leg presses, then I do a couple more sets with just the bad knee.  Two sets of 12 reps, 110 pounds.  I decided to try that with the good leg and I couldn't do one rep.  Ruh roh.

Well, off to more weekend shenanigans, starting with some Starbucks americano.  Have a great weekend, kiddos!

<3

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning!  While some of you had 35F this morning, boo hiss, I ran in 80F and 73DP.  Stopped when the heat index was 88F and it was not even 9am.  So, only 14 for the morning run.

Damaris