Beginners and Beyond

The Weekend Penguin's Daily (Read 23 times)

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

The "Penguin" daily threads were originally conceived to emphasize that all members of the community have a place on the boards. Encouragement, motivation, a little love nip (you will love one, give it a try!) or even a little kick in the pants when needed -- it can happen here. Basically, we celebrate just getting out there and moving our tails! What is "slow"? "Slow" is a perception but one of the common benchmarks is the 10:00/mi pace; but there's no firm line. In fact, there are many of us that have slipped past this, and just hope that no one notices and revokes their "igloo privileges." It can be confusing for the forum newbies, but we're not one of the teams in any of the fine games. It's a totally open group, so stop lurking, post an introduction of yourself dive in and join the fun! No application necessary! There might even be a lovely picture for Scotty (we love pics!)

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Running SRD for us, but no rest from cleaning the basement.

Enjoy the races Scotty and any other racers.

GinnyinPA

Hi Jerry.  Good luck on the basement cleaning.  Did they finish the sewer line?

Good luck to all the racers.

AFM:  Cold and rainy here, but it is supposed to clear up later so I'll wait until this afternoon to do a short run.  We'll get wet enough walking Ben.

Docket_Rocket

Morning. Already descending into Boston. I had to run 5 this morning but 4am is not for me so URD unles I can run later.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Zelanie

Morning!  8 easy on the schedule for me, but it's supposed to be in the 90s today, so maybe this evening?  Or if I get in from weight watchers and it's still not too hot, I might go out late morningish.  Last LR tomorrow, and I wish we didn't have this heat wave!

Jerry- Enjoy the RD, and good luck with the basement.

Ginny- Hope the rain clears up for you!

D- Hope that you have a great time in Boston!

Cyberic

Hi all,

Been posting in the B&B forums for few months now, but for some (unexplained) reason almost always in the dailies. I see names here that I don't see in the dailies.

PADRunner

Morning Penguins. What a shock 4 done this morning ay 57 degrees!  Made my feet felt like lead this morning.

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Ok. I did my first run in almost three weeks. I ran three easy miles without worrying about pace. Easy, easy, easy, easy... I wear my Garmin only to keep track of the mileage. So far so good... Time for rebuilding and on Monday we'll see about Boston.  Tonight we are taking DD to see One Direction at the Rose Bowl. My earplugs are ready. Smile

on my way to badass

Happy weekend Penguins! Cool and rainy here. I got my last LR done today. 12 on the track. I chose the track so I could drink without carrying water and have access to a relatively clean port-a-potty. It worked and I powered through even in the rain. Pace was 12:12 (fast for me).

Still waiting for the perfect race picture. 5K PR-33:52 , 10K PR 1:11:16, First HM 2:42:28

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Enjoy Boston, D.

Stay dry Ginny. Plumbers are done.

Have a good LR tomorrow, Z.

Hi Eric.

Nice cold running, PAD.  Get used to it.

Glad you got the run in, Jack.  "Enjoy" the concert.

Congrats on the 12 SF.

Done cleaning for today. Now its football.

Robert31320

Team TJ

We went to Savannah this morning for the Tunnel to Towers 5k.  We got there at 6:55am.  We tried to park in the EMPTY Civic Center parking lot only to be turned away by the police.  We started trying to find a place to park so we could get TJ out.  After a few minutes we stopped and asked a Savannah Police officer where we could possibly find a handicap parking spot, he responded " you're just gonna have to look".  Gee thanks for the help, maybe you should have overslept this morning.  We searched and searched , you see in downtown Savannah it's mainly street side parking.  After an extensive search for a spot we could get TJ out, we just gave up and went home.  Oh well, better luck next time, which will not b at a race in downtown Savannah.

Running for TJ because he can't.

on my way to badass

Robert- that is terrible and not very hospitable. I hope TJ wasn't too dissapointed.

Still waiting for the perfect race picture. 5K PR-33:52 , 10K PR 1:11:16, First HM 2:42:28

Cyberic

Robert, I'm shocked at this. That is weird. I would not go back there either.

Zelanie

Robert- That sounds so disappointing!  Boo to Savannah!  We have street parking here, too, but with handicap spots.

SF- I like running on tracks, too, even without speedwork.  Like you said, everything you need is close by, plus you don't have to worry about cars or anything else and can just zone.

Robert31320

Team TJ

It's all good.  We learned something for the future.  Unfortunately, we won't be planning to do the races that start downtown in the future.

Running for TJ because he can't.