Beginners and Beyond

TuesDAILIES: When life gets in the way of your running (Read 53 times)

LRB

Throw a tantrum:

LRB

If only it were that easy!

What's crew!

I am headed to the track for some VO2 max repeats, which will be the start of a very long and busy day for me.

What's on the schedule for you?

delicate flower

Happy Tuesday!  I've got an all day meeting.  While that normally sucks, at least this one will be engaging and I won't just sit there staring off into space all day.

I've got to say, rolling out of bed and going for a run has been difficult lately.  I had every intention of doing that today, but the alarm went off and I just got ready for work instead, deferring my run to my usual post-work time.  I just didn't feel like running at 5:00 AM.  Speaking of running, 7 easy miles at 8:07 pace in the dry heat yesterday, and it was awesome.

<3

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  I have 6 X 800m intervals but my breathing is worse than yesterday, so 8-10 easy miles unless my lungs can take the speed.  Bah.

Let's throw a tantrum.  Ha.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

No tantrum for me today. Managed 6 miles without the knee complaining too much, just a few slight twinges. Although not sure if it means anything, since it didn't hit me till 8ish on Sunday, and didn't make me physically stop til 10. But I'll take it, I was fully expecting an early abort. So not sure if I should go full steam ahead & see what happens, or take it easy for a while. The 18-week clock has started....

In other news, I got a solid 2.5 hours of sleep last night. At one point during the tossing & turning, and the counting down of how much sleep i would get if I fell asleep now, I pushed my alarm back from 5:30 to 6:00. Figuring my run would probably be short & it would give me a tiny bit extra sleep. But woke up at 5:30 anyway. 

Have a good day everyone.

Dave

delicate flower

Well here's an ugly gait for you.

<3

LRB

It's funny now but when I first saw them ridiculous looking things a few few years ago I would have never thought that I would be one to wear them...

And of course there were a billion walkers at the track this morning who now I'm that guy to.  lol

Ironically my fitness journey began in 1999 when I walked that entire summer trying to get in shape so maybe they too will someday wear these stupid things...with any luck though they will not.  lol

Docket_Rocket

Well here's an ugly gait for you.

I do the same thing with my left foot. Too bad that does not give me your speed.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

StepbyStep-SH

Likely an URD. I stayed up last night to monitor the storms, since they had spawned tornado warnings west of us, and just didn't have the motivation to get up early and run. I might do something later today, but with temps topping out at 85*, I don't think an evening run is likely. I really need to get my plan down on paper/in my log and start taking things more seriously again. It's hard with no races until at least August, maybe September, and no goal race until November. And even that one isn't certain because it will depend on finding someone to watch DS since I know DH will be out of town that weekend.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

delicate flower

In other news, I got a solid 2.5 hours of sleep last night. At one point during the tossing & turning, and the counting down of how much sleep i would get if I fell asleep now, I pushed my alarm back from 5:30 to 6:00. Figuring my run would probably be short & it would give me a tiny bit extra sleep. But woke up at 5:30 anyway.  

I would have called in sick to work today.  Nice to hear the knee was somewhat cooperative today, Dave.

<3

Mornin'. Thanks for starting today's thread, Rick. Enjoy your VO2 max workout.

Phil, I hope that your meeting meets your relatively pleasant expectations. Have an awesome post-work run.

(((Damaris)))

DaveP MI, nice six-miler. 2.5 consecutive hours if sleep? I envy you that.

I did push-ups and abs upon awakening. Running will happen after work.

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

My running plans are like Baboon's for yesterday:  run after work in the dry heat.   Run-time of 5 PM today, temp at 91 degrees, humidity at 47% and dew-point of 68, so not too bad at all.  My course will be some trails in a local park.

Well, Phil, at least you look nice and straight in your running photos.  With my spine arthritis and the effects of the hips birth defect that I was born with my race photos - like the one at the link below taken at a race I did a couple of weeks ago - make me look like the guy from that poem..."There was a crooked man..."   with my bent back and my feet splayed out all to the sides, since I can't run with them pointed straight as that hurts my hips too much.  Oh well, it is what it is....at least I still manage to get where I want to go. 

https://www.flickr.com/photos/sasports/14367186725/in/set-72157644645931667

Be sure, Damaris, to have your DH video your tantrum if you have one,and then share. .  Hope your lungs start behaving for you soon!

Glad the knee is sort-of behaving for you, DaveP.   Sorry about the lack of sleep.  I know how that feels.  We have 4 cats and for some reason they insist on waking us up around 2 or 3 in the morning.

If you ever come visit San Antonio, LRB, I'll take you to my track some early morning. It's at Fort Sam Houston and lots of the Army folks are out there on the track doing all kinds of things, some running, some walking, some run-walking, some doing strength exercises alongside the track, and so forth.  It gets quite interesting at times watching all this, lol.

Yeah, Step, I was watching on Weather Channel all the crazy weather being reported in Nebraska, Missouri, etc.  Nutso.  Stay safe!  Good luck with getting all your plans worked out.

Good luck with your run later, Basya!

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Docket_Rocket

Ha.  He might be the one with a tantrum.  Men.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

Mmmmm...beer

Good morning everyone!

No tantrums here, life is good. Smile  Easy 8 done this morning.  I almost pushed it off until after work because I overslept a lil, but then I realized that the dewpoint was already 71* and was only going to get worse, so I went ahead and got it out of the way.  Down to 184lbs this morning, that's 11 gone since my marathon.  

Hope everyone has a great day!

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

LRB

I really need to get my plan down on paper/in my log and start taking things more seriously again. It's hard with no races until at least August, maybe September, and no goal race until November..

You could create a summer training plan that doesn't necessarily have a goal race just easy running and/or any quality work you might want to try.

The thing about plans here is they are only limited by your imagination and it gives you something to focus on.  Just a thought, I am sure you will figure things out.

Scotty, that sounds like fun!

Not a bad pic Boon considering the temps and all of that.  If they had waited another millisecond it may have been perfect.

Great news Dave!

Good luck with the run D!

Hi Basya!

12 more pounds Dave and you will be in my neighborhood.