Beginners and Beyond

Early Bird Gets the Worm, Second Mouse Gets the Cheese Dailies (Read 55 times)

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

It took me like 5 minutes to come up with a title for Thursday's dailies, damn it people. 

Most important thing first, my lil guy is feeling 10x better though not 100% because he is still occasionally dealing with ear aches but he is definitely a lot happier.

Rocky and I got 8 miles in this morning, temperature of 63 degrees and humidity at 77%.... not sure about dew point but I think it was below 70.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

on my way to badass

Good morning dalies! Thanks for starting us off FS. So glad Dorian is feeling better. Got 7 in last night with training partner. 3 or 3.5 for me tonight.

Still waiting for the perfect race picture. 5K PR-33:52 , 10K PR 1:11:16, First HM 2:42:28

Um yeah, the dew point is never higher than the temperature. By definition, at 100% humidity, dew point = temperature.

Anyhoo, 10 miles with 7 at GMP.

Dave

delicate flower

Hey-oh!  Heh...I like the thread title!  Good job, FS! 

Back in the office after a day of testifying at an arbitration hearing yesterday.     Fun stuff, I tell ya.  I ran six easy miles last night.  Very warm and soupy, but I did just fine.  Cloud cover helped.  I've got a double digit run staring me in the face after work today and the weather should be downright pleasant (a dry 80 degrees).

<3

happylily

It's 57* at the moment, 62% humidity, so the dewpoint is probably about 60F. (that's for grumpy Dave ) It's the first cool morning we've had in a long time. It will be about 73F later today, when I do my 12 miler with 6 miles at progression. Starting at easy pace and increasing by 10 seconds all the way to MP, over 6 miles, plus 3 miles w/u and 3 c/d. I think I'm just going to run the whole thing at MP, less complicated that way.

Andrea, glad your "lil" boy is doing better!  

Have a nice day!

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

Docket_Rocket

Morning.  Woke up feeling again under the weather, but it's this sinus headache I've had for 5 days.  Good thing I am working from home today.  Ugh.  Massage and Pilates later, not sure if I will run, though.  Apparently, I don't wanna.

Andrea, nice 8.

Ha, Grumpy Dave is going to get you since a a dewpoint higher than the temps is impossible!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Good morning, people. I want to go back to sleep.

FreeSoul87, thank you for starting today's thread. Beautiful run with Rocky. I'm glad that Dorian is feeling better.

StoneFence, great job running seven last night. Enjoy your run today.

DaveP MI, bravo on having run ten miles already.

Phil, sweet soupy six last night. I hope that tonight's run is pleasant.

Lily, have a wonderful twelve-miler tonight. I did my twelve quarter-mile repeats this morning.

My legs are feeling fantastic. Yay. I'm hoping that it doesn't rain this evening. I want do go to the CrossFit class on the Greenway. My plan is, weather permitting, to go to the class, then go to the gym to serve an hour on the AMT or the ArcTrainer.

happylily

Ha, Grumpy Dave is going to get you since a a dewpoint higher than the temps is impossible!

That was the purpose of my comment. I'm constantly trying to make him grumpy. It's fun. 

happylily

My legs are feeling fantastic. Yay. I'm hoping that it doesn't rain this evening. I want do go to the CrossFit class on the Greenway. My plan is, weather permitting, to go to the class, then go to the gym to serve an hour on the AMT or the ArcTrainer.

How can you do two workouts in one day? I just don't have that type of energy. Ah, to be young again...

It depends on the workouts. I can do weighs and cardio back-to-back. (IME, doing cardio after weights helps me feel less sore later.) I can run in the morning and do cardio in the evening.

hog4life

http://www.bourbonchase.com/

Hiya Dailies.  I hope the link works.

5 yesterday easy, and 10 with some tempo stuff planned for later. Anyone ever done The Bourbon Chase? I was invited to join a team, all expenses paid. YAHOO!!! I am signed up.

happylily

http://www.bourbonchase.com/

Hiya Dailies.  I hope the link works.

5 yesterday easy, and 10 with some tempo stuff planned for later. Anyone ever done The Bourbon Chase? I was invited to join a team, all expenses paid. YAHOO!!! I am signed up.

Wow! Looks great, Mitch! Lucky you!

Hip Redux

Howdy strangers.

Last day at work before we head to San Francisco!   And I have brushed off my running shoes for an experiment on the TM today.

That is all.

happylily

Howdy strangers.

Last day at work before we head to San Francisco!   And I have brushed off my running shoes for an experiment on the TM today.

That is all.

Where the heck were you?  Good luck with the run! Let us know how it went. Will you be meeting with D. and OOTB?

Docket_Rocket

Howdy strangers.

That is all.

Woohoo, I forgot I'm supposed to see you this weekend!  THat's how fucking busy I've been!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page