Beginners and Beyond

The Last MONDAILIES of 2012 (Read 191 times)

StepbyStep-SH

Happy New Year's Eve, runners! You have all posted some incredible years.

Beth - That is an insane amount of snow from 24 hours!

3 miles for me, just to say I finished the year running. Very tough. Lungs didn't like the cold wind, and right ankle was sore. No 3-mile run should be this miserable. (I knew that, though, going in, because I've had a cough and been running a fever.)

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

Wow, Beth - memories of my years in Cleveland, Ohio! Though most snows were not that deep!

Tom (formerly known as PhotogTom)

5K - 25:16, 10K - 55:31,  15K - 1:20:55,   HM - 1:54:54

Weezer88

David, is it me or are the forums in RWOL down?  I was unable to even open the forums page today.

How in the world are we posting our miles today?

I think you may be right. I can get them to come up either.  I'm sending my miles to Doug and Angela.

I AM WEEZER.

Docket_Rocket

David, I think it's up already.  Doug posted the link to the 2013 FB group.  Check if you can go in through there.

I am still at the office until 3:30pm.  I do need to do grocery shopping.  I assume it will be a zoo like April's one.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Great job in 2012. And good hard running music you are listening too. have a great 2013!

I am taking the day off from the gym and running. We are expecting 2-3 inchces of snow here in central illinois tonight so i think we will stay close to home and maybe a run tomorrow.

Have a great day everyone!

A great, short run to end the year. Finished with 67.5 miles for December (a PR)
            and 604 miles total for 2012. Looking forward to 2013!

For your listening pleasure, the last song I ran to in 2012:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dGhtn5_lGIk

Y'all come see us!

First Race

Hot Chocolate 5K Chicago November 4, 2012 30:17

Second Race

Penguin in the Park 5K Decatur Illinois March 23,2013 27:08

Scott

Best week since May and December was my best month since May.  Here's to continued improvement.

5.25 miles to close out the year for me.

You can call me Anna

runmomto3boys

Beth: Holy freaking snow!!!  I'm in Wisconsin, but we don't have anywhere near that much.  Crazy town!

I bailed on my run.  1.5 painful miles.  Resuming rolling/icing, blah,blah, blah, blah.

I was a bad girl. I ran 19.0 miles on the TM in 3:25:50. 10:50 pace. After the run, I stretched, rolled, and stretched some more. I feel wonderfulSmile

YAYpril - B-Plus

I bailed on my run.  1.5 painful miles.  Resuming rolling/icing, blah,blah, blah, blah.

Hugs.

Robert31320

Team TJ

Not too good :-(

Running for TJ because he can't.

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Darn, it's raining!  Looks like I might get wet for my midnite 5K.  Oh well, at least it will be a fairly warm 48 degrees.  I  Now I am off work until Thursday, nice.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Ghettopops

Sorry for your running woes Heidi. Go Vikes.

Beth: Holy freaking snow!!!  I'm in Wisconsin, but we don't have anywhere near that much.  Crazy town!

Kay, feel well soon.

Rick, I'm happy that your hips are behaving themselves.

Damn, Beth!

jjs22, that hike sounds fun. I'm glad you're feeling OK.

Baboon, nice run.

B-Plus, enjoy your runs, errands, and party.

Luke, I hope you're rid of this cold soon.

Ghettopops, great run.

Shari, a speedy and complete recovery to you.

Scott, enjoy your run.

rkymtnanna, excellent run.

(((((((Heidi)))))))

delicate flower

Sorry.  Sad

<3

Just B.S.

Didn't get the run done. 3.5 hours of shoveling and then walking the dog 2 miles will have to do for

today. Plus the temps maxed out at 2F (with chill) with 25mp/hr gusts so it was pretty darn cold anyway.

Hubby and I are running 13.1 tomorrow to kick off marathon training and  celebrate the New Year.

I've been telling hubby for years to buy a snowblower, especially since it's been 3 years since any teenagers

lived here to help out. Lots of our neighbours with long driveways like ours hire people to plow their yard.

We will be here 20 years in Dec and he says he will get one next winter. Only time will tell!LOL As long as I

can quit shoveling and come inside when I feel like it he can shovel until he is 90!LOL

Dtothe2nd, enjoy your race!

Kristin, hope your ITB is feeling better.

Kay, hope the foot isn't anything that will need time off.

Tom, enjoy your run as well.

AmiK, that sounds like fun!LOL

Hi Lilyheureuse nouvelle année mon ami!!

Cris, hope you enjoyed the skiing.

Mitch, don't worry about never running in snow, you're not missing anything

Steph, sorry that cold is hanging on. Our son had it over Christmas and is still not 100%.

Luke, hope you feel better soon, internet son. Yes, you might be right about that, I think I have hubby convinced to

get a condo somewhere warm for the winter months when we retire. I don't want to be dealing with this

crap when I'm in my 60's.Roll eyes Our boys all 100% for that idea too, it will give them somewhere warm to visit!

Heidi, so sorry about the leg.

Robert, April, D.R., Mtnbikerchick,  jjs22, baboon, Sparker, ghettopops, LRB, , Scotty, baysa and

everyone else.............hope you all enjoyed your last day of 2012 and good running vibes to everyone for

2013!!!