Beginners and Beyond

Penguin Pancakes Friday (Read 19 times)

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

ExpandThe "Penguin" daily threads were originally conceived to emphasize that all members of the community have a place on the boards. Encouragement, motivation, a little love nip (you will love one, give it a try!) or even a little kick in the pants when needed -- it can happen here. Basically, we celebrate just getting out there and moving our tails! What is "slow"? "Slow" is a perception but one of the common benchmarks is the 10:00/mi pace; but there's no firm line. In fact, there are many of us that have slipped past this, and just hope that no one notices and revokes their "igloo privileges." It can be confusing for the forum newbies, but we're not one of the teams in any of the fine games. It's a totally open group, so stop lurking, post an introduction of yourself dive in and join the fun! No application necessary! There might even be a lovely picture for Scotty (we love pics!)

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

September 26 is National Pancakes Day!

I will pass,though.  I am one of the few people who don't like pancakes.  It's waffles or French Toast for me!

Non-running day today.   After work, will pick up my packets for my 5Ks...one on Saturday, one on Sunday.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

PADRunner

Well damn that's why I've been craving pancakes. Looks like an IHOP morning!

11 or 12 x 400 , I lost count about 5 mi total done this morning.

Docket_Rocket

Funny you said pancakes.  I am having French Toast for breakfast.

Pilates and 6-7 miles tonight.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

PAD, that is a heck of a lot of intervals!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

hog4life

I didn't get my run last night, so I definitely need to tonight.

Zelanie

Morning everyone!  Checking in from taperland.  So far, I'm eating too much, sleeping too much, and not running enough.  I alternate between feeling like running is the hardest thing ever, and then the next day feeling supergreat because suddenly none of my muscles are tight anymore and my legs don't feel heavy like they did in training.  Hoping that this is all par for the course and means that I am doing fine.  I probably need to not be eating these after-breakfast tortilla chips, though.  (they are sooo salty, yum!)

Today I am off work for a dentist appointment, then we are going out of town this weekend to the Oregon Shakespeare festival.  So that should help to keep my mind occupied, right?

Scotty- Those are great pancakes!

PAD- Nice intervals!  12 of any distance is a heck of a lot.

D- Mmm, French toast.

Mitch- Glad that you've recovered well and are back at it.

Singer who runs a smidge

Morning, Penguins!!  Glad it's Friday, although I'm working concessions at the UVA football game tomorrow.  That's always an exhausting day, but it's for my chorus, so it's all good.  Glad to hear the kitties from yesterday are doing ok!!  

Scotty -- I have to delay Pancakes day a little.  DH and I are planning to go to IHOP for my birthday dinner on Sunday, so I'll consume some pancakes then!

PAD -- sounds like a good run, if you lost count!!

Docket -- have a good miles and Pilates evening!!

hog -- good luck getting your run in tonight!!

Zelanie -- sounds like a great taper!!

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

tracilynn

Hello penguins!

my husband and I plan to hit many pancake houses on our Smoky Mtn trip in 2 weeks! (And breweries too)

I ran a tempo yesterday so I will rest my shins today. Slept in compression sleeves. Feeling good knock wood.

excited for Zel

Pad when is your big day?

~~~~~~~

Traci

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Good morning Peeps!!

Good luck with the 5K's Scott.  AG win?

Ihop does sound good, PAD.

Have a good run tonight, D and Mitch.

Enjoy the Shakespeare Festival, Zel.  Good luck with the dentist.  Too many cupcakes last weekend?

I was up early for a workout at the gym.  Back before DW woke up.  Short run for us when she gets back from Curves.   LR later this weekend.  Looks like DDs are visiting tomorrow.

Have a great weekend...

Brilliant

Good morning Penguins!

Scotty, what a cute penguin pancake picture you found for us this morning!   I wish I had time to whip up some pancakes this morning.  I'm about to eat a bowl of cereal.

Zelanie, have a great weekend at the Shakespeare Festival.

PAD, wow, I'm tired just reading about your intervals!

Damaris & Mitch, happy running tonight.

Rest day for me today. I post that a lot.  But honestly it's because the days that I run, it's hard to find time to sit at the computer saying "I ran!"  Smile  So I mostly post on rest days.

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Hi HsM and Traci, and Brilliant !!!

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Hi Pens.

Zel: you are doing fine. Just be careful on the over eating bit. STICK TO THE PLAN!  Smile

Ok. DD1 is having a good senior year running and she qualified to run in an invite meet up at Stanford. She is leaving this morning and will be home late tomorrow night. We can't go because (deep breath) tonight I have a drum gig with a band that is two hours away. I can't stay the night in the hotel because DD2 has a swim meet in the morning. Tonight while I am gone DW and DS have to pack the car because tomorrow we have to leave the swim meet early so we can get DS back to university in San Diego for his check in time. DD2 will get a ride home with a friend. Then we drive back from San DIego, pick up DD1 at some ungodly hour, sleep for a bit, and go to day 2 of the swim meet on Sunday morning. Yep, we are busy this week.

No running tonight, but I will try for some miles at some point. I just have no idea when.

Have a nice weekend.

PADRunner

Hi Pens.

Zel: you are doing fine. Just be careful on the over eating bit. STICK TO THE PLAN!  Smile

Ok. DD1 is having a good senior year running and she qualified to run in an invite meet up at Stanford. She is leaving this morning and will be home late tomorrow night. We can't go because (deep breath) tonight I have a drum gig with a band that is two hours away. I can't stay the night in the hotel because DD2 has a swim meet in the morning. Tonight while I am gone DW and DS have to pack the car because tomorrow we have to leave the swim meet early so we can get DS back to university in San Diego for his check in time. DD2 will get a ride home with a friend. Then we drive back from San DIego, pick up DD1 at some ungodly hour, sleep for a bit, and go to day 2 of the swim meet on Sunday morning. Yep, we are busy this week.

No running tonight, but I will try for some miles at some point. I just have no idea when.

Have a nice weekend.

Sounds like you'll get yours run in just between events!

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Jack, you need a Personal Assistant.  You can hire us for the winter.