Beginners and Beyond

Wednesday Penguins have miles to go before they sleep! (Read 201 times)

His Slowness

Gustav - toilets are an easy fix. 

Docket- hope you wake up and your day is great!

Jerry - it was cold here this morning.  Hope you get outdoors.

Philliefan - I'm always tired and achey.

Dtothe2 - Talk about machines!

Awood - good luck in the race this weekend?

Brady- cold here too.

hog- enjoy your run.

Jimmy - I hate getting sick just before a vacation.

Tomas -  sounds about right on the clothes.

Kristin - hope you feel better.

I did my 3 miles this morning in exactly the same time as last time.  A first.  It was 29 degrees and I wore tights, a long sleeve shirt with a short sleeve shirt on top, gloves and a hat.  Must have been right.  I was cold for the first mile and comfortable after that.  Got home just mildly sweaty.

Happy Hump Day

Bill

Docket_Rocket

Ugh. I carried something the wrong way and my lower back hates me now.  Chiro is expecting me after work to make me whole.  but ouch.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Yup more points for the Winter Running Challenge Smile

so hardcore Smile

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

Robert31320

Team TJ

3.4 miles done early this morning in between rain showers.  Busy day at work now.

Y'all come see us...

Running for TJ because he can't.

Yup more points for the Winter Running Challenge Smile

I am a dork- I was so excited to see that today's run scored more points than the past 3 weeks combined.....then I thought, man I should have run slower.

Kristin- I had an idea how cold it was going to be, but it was about 8 degrees colder than I thought it really was. I am glad I wasnt too over dressed because I hate getting extra clothes dirty for the laundry fairy.

”Failing to prepare is preparing to fail.”

“Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.”

Tomas

Ugh. I carried something the wrong way and my lower back hates me now.  Chiro is expecting me after work to make me whole.  but ouch.

sorry about the back and sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but bad asses are not allowed to show weakness much less tell others about it. you must edit you post so that we can go back to the image of Damaris- marathon running warrior princess. If it wasnt for pictures, I would swear that you run marathons in body armor and carry a sword.

Tomas

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Gus: T-Rod and Bill are right. Toilets are easy! Save some money and do it yourself (though if your life is anything like mine you just don't have time to do these things anymore).

Docket: Happy to hear about your great asthma report and sorry about the back!

D2: Happy birthday to Grandma! Mine just celebrated number 95 not too long ago.

Wow... a busy day for the Pens (as usual)... broken toilets, broken cars, anything else? Sometimes my body feels broken...

Today DS comes home for Christmas. He finished finals yesterday and says he did well. It will be good to have him home for a few weeks.

As for my running, I did a nice five miles last night and the IT band is much better. I have some mile intervals I am going to try later. My goal is to get them at a 7:00 pace with a half mile recovery after each. It looks like DW and I will both be doing a HM together in April. If it doesn't rain this weekend I am going to run part of the course to check out this massive two mile hill.

Have a good day, Pens.

N-Bug

Will run for beer.

MORNIN'!

Cold one outside today.  24 F (after windchill) and about 1/2" of fresh snow.   The sun was out a bit so I had to run outside.  Layers layers.  6.80 on the trails.  Felt great to be outside.  

Docket_Rocket

sorry about the back and sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but bad asses are not allowed to show weakness much less tell others about it. you must edit you post so that we can go back to the image of Damaris- marathon running warrior princess. If it wasnt for pictures, I would swear that you run marathons in body armor and carry a sword.

Bite me!  Me hurting! Cry

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Bite me!  Me hurting! Cry

sorry- I should not joke with you. you could probably kick my ass and then I could even catch you. I hope they get the back fixed and you feel better.

Tomas

From the Internet.

Hi colony! Still pouting about my shin, and still sleep-deprived from my late-night ER visit Monday, plus I have a thesis committee meeting this afternoon. Read everything but no time for personals right now, hope you all have a better week than me! :P Damaris, hope your chiro fixes you up!

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Final verdict: no run today. Took a 2 hour nap, and I still don't feel up to it..... I guess during a race week I would rather err on the side of more rest than more running. "the hay is in the barn" right??

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

Hi Penguins!!!

I had my first good run since my end-of-the-world cold struck.  I ran 5 miles at a 10:21 pace! It is still slower than I would have run it pre-cold (it would have been 9:45ish) but I'm getting better.  I ONLY had to slow down to cough once, just once!!  I'll be running 3ish miles between work and tonight's final.  I won't have time for more and I shouldn't run much more than that anyways.  I'm only supposed to run 20 miles this week.  I'll be bumping up my miles quicker than I did last time though, 25 miles next week. Clowning around  I only have 13 1/2 weeks until my goal race so I'm super happy about being back to running!!

Tomas, what a great run this am.  Brrr... 30 degrees... that is colder than it is here in New England today.

Brady, I too hope for percipitation while I'm running or for colder weather.  I need more points for the winter running game!!

Steph 

“I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order.” John Burroughs

trenruns

Hi all you penguins,

I have to find a way to get here more often, or at least earlier in the day.  I got 2.5 in last night and hope to get another run in tomorrow.  Still having issues with my right leg, but shorter runs and lots of stretching seems to be helping.  Hopefully I'll be able to get my mileage up again soon.  We are finally having winter-ish type weather here and I'm looking forward to it.  Have a good hump day.

tracilynn

sorry- I should not joke with you. you could probably kick my ass and then I could even catch you. I hope they get the back fixed and you feel better.

Haha, that's funny.  The first part not the part where her back hurts.

Back ache really sucks.  Hope your chiro can fix you up, D.

Lauren and kristin, it sounds like y'all need to curl up in bed in your fuzzy pjs with a container of ben & jerry's ice cream and Chillax.

Lots of cold runs.  Last night I wussed out on my night run, it was about 28 wind chill and DH wanted to eat 5 guys burger and fries so I did that instead of running.  Oops.  Figured I will just make it up today since will be at least 15 degrees warmer tonight.  Have 5 on tap but I also have a sick kid so who knows if it will happen.

Dave, I meant to ask you if you fueled before or during your 26.2 crazy man run? 

Scotty, read about your accident, glad to hear youre okay.  Have fun ragging out your rental car.  P.S. never but a used car that was originally a "fleet " vehicle.  Ha!

Jimmy, good luck to you and ashley with the paleo diet.  I wonder how much better you will feel, energy wise etc.   I need to paleo too.  

Hello to everryone else

~~~~~~~

Traci