Beginners and Beyond

WednesDAILIES (Read 41 times)

LRB

WELCOME TO THE DAILIES THREAD!

Anyone and everyone can post your runs, cross-training, abdominal work, rest days, race plans, training questions, etc.. The only stupid question is the one you did not post. There’s a great mix of beginners and veterans, runners and walkers, and maniacs and returners, from injury to running. We're all a little crazy here, too! While this thread is a terrific source of motivation for runners and serves as outstanding accountability, you’ll quickly find this remarkable group to be highly supportive of all life experiences. So, come on in, put your feet up, and stay a while (not literally)! And whoever is up first is welcome to start the thread and we definitely keep some weird hours here.

LRB

Wassup peoples!

I am a little behind already this morning so first things first; I needz my coffee!

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

Morning Dailies!

Hope all are well.

SRD number - I lost count. Grrrrrr.

Heading off to work in a few to crash the grid (training event). We're activating Skynet today in less than 2 hours!

Tom (formerly known as PhotogTom)

5K - 25:16, 10K - 55:31,  15K - 1:20:55,   HM - 1:54:54

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  SRD.  Preparing for my trial all day.  Sigh.

LRB, get some coffee.

Tom, how are your knees feeling today?

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

delicate flower

Well hello there!  10 miles total yesterday between two runs.  7 easy in the morning, 3 at tempo effort after work.  More running planned after work today.  Temps in the low 20's this morning.  Yowsa.

Day off tomorrow.  w00000t!  So, today is like my Friday, except I have to work Friday, so I guess today is like a Saturday that I am working, since I have the next day off and have to work the day after that.  You follow?  RIGHTO! 

<3

Hip Redux

Guten morgen LRB, D, Tom, Baboon and anyone else jumping into the fray today.

On the schedule is a run/lifting dealio, hopefully at lunch but if meetings run long and interrupt my day, it'll be after work.   I hate meetings.

Hip Redux

And for those of you who like Hyperbole and a Half - Allie on NPR.

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Sigh.....up late doing paperwork then got up at 4:00am to do more.....it's one of those weeks--there are a few every year--where I have so much due that there is just not enough hours in the day to get it all done. So unfortunately another URD. With 3 hours of sleep and every waking minute doing work there was just no time to run Sad

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

LRB

Supp!

Got 4 miles done and F'd around and wore the wrong gloves.  I can assure you, I will not make that mistake again!

StepbyStep-SH

It should be around 25*, sunny and breezy when I step out the door in a few minutes. Tights are definitely in order. I'm shooting for 10 miles, with half of that at tempo effort.

I had a local runner/coach look over my cobbled-together training plan and he pointed out something I realized yesterday I had overlooked - my midweek runs didn't include any approaching the "medium-long runs" that worked well for me following Pfitzinger's plan. He also pointed out that I had a lot of variation in my LR distances (from 12 to 22 miles, dropping back every other week), even though I have the background to keep those distances consistently over 16 miles, only cutting back every 4 to 5 weeks. So I modified my plan last night to match his suggestions. Looking at it, they really are things I knew myself, if I hadn't been trying to model it after a new plan from a different book than I've used before.
                      Funny how sometimes you just need someone else to tell you what you already knew.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Hi Dailies.

I am jealous of your cooler temperatures. It's going to be 89 here! On top of that, I have 10 with 4x1200@6:30. We'll see about that.

LRB

On top of that, I have 10 with 4x1200@6:30. We'll see about that.

Just do your best, you could also make that 8 miles total.

Step, I like to limit my long runs to two hours or less, whatever distance that ends up being.  For me, running 2.5 hours every weekend is a mental deal breaker.

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

BRRRR!  The 'cold' front has arrived in San Antonio.   40 degrees this morning when I woke up.  I went to the UTSA campus for a morning run - started at 6:15 a.m.    40 degrees starting out, with a wind chill of 38.  I wore my shorts, a base layer long-sleeved shirt, and one of my short-sleeved running shirts as my top layer.  Also wore my gloves.  Ended up with 3.8 miles.  My second mile, the DJ on the radio station I was listening to announced that the temp had actually gone DOWN, it was no longer 40, it was now 37, with a wind chill of 35. WHAT???  Oh well, I just kept on moving and I was fine. Quite an invigorating little outing.     Our 'high' today is going to be only 58.   But by Thursday we are supposed to be back into the 60s.  And our high for Sunday will be 80!    So pity all the folks doing the San Antonio Rock n Roll Half and Marathon that day here, it is going to be warm on Sunday!   Cold does not last very long around here, thank goodness.

Nice to see you running again, LRB!  Even with the wrong gloves.

Good luck with the training event, Tom!

ALL DAY trial?   Good luck with that, Damaris!

Happy 'almost Friday' for you, Baboon!  Enjoy tomorrow off!   Temps in the low 20s....ouch!

Good luck with the run/lifting, Oski, and here's hoping your meeting don't run long.

You work at home, Kristin?   Good luck with all that paperwork!

Hope your run went well, Step.  Enjoy your modified plan, hope it works out for you.

Robert, I am jealous of your warmer temps.  I'll take 89 any day over 39.  Good luck with your 10 and don't overdress.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

This is one expensive 'cup of coffee' for Starbucks!

Starbucks to pay $2.76B - An arbitrator has concluded that Starbucks must pay $2.76 billion to settle a dispute with Kraft over coffee distribution.  The two consumer products companies had been locked in a fight for three years after Starbucks Corp. fired Kraft as its distributor of packaged coffee to grocery chains.   The arbitrator determined that Starbucks must pay $2.23 billion in damages and $527 million in attorney fees, Starbucks and Mondelez said Tuesday.   Deerfield, Ill.-based Mondelez International Inc., which spun off Kraft Foods Group in October 2012, will get the award. Mondelez, whose brands include Cadbury, Oreo and Tang, said that it plans use the money left after expenses and taxes to buy back stock.  Kraft began exclusively marketing Starbucks roasted and grounded coffee in stores in 1998 and renegotiated the contract in 2004. The contract was set to expire in 2014. But in November 2010, Starbucks told Kraft it was severing its agreement with Kraft. Kraft initiated arbitration proceedings to challenge the termination. The two officially separated in March 2011.   http://www.mysanantonio.com/business/article/Starbucks-to-pay-2-76B-in-coffee-spat-with-Kraft-4978472.php

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Just do your best, you could also make that 8 miles total.

Step, I like to limit my long runs to two hours or less, whatever distance that ends up being.  For me, running 2.5 hours every weekend is a mental deal breaker.

Thanks, LRB. I want to do the 10, so if anything, I will do the intervals at a slower pace. I will try one and see how it goes. My problem is that my right Achilles tends to flare up if I do too much speed work. This is my only speed workout of the week so it might be ok.