Beginners and Beyond

Give us this day our DAILIES bread (Read 48 times)

LRB

And put lettuce, tomato, mayo and two eggs over-medium on it thanks.  lol

LRB

'Sup yo!

Just a little Wednesday humor there folks not mocking religion or anything like that.

I have between 7 and 8 miles on the docket today I (will decide on the fly) and it will be nice to get back at it again after an unusual but welcomed Tuesday day off from running.

Looking over my season race schedule it's hard to believe that 8 events are down and just 6 remain, one of which is the big boy which I begin training for in 60 days - EEK!

Anyhoo, what would you like on your bread today peeps?

Mmmmm...beer

Good morning!

Thanks Rick, now I'm hungry lol Wait, I'm always hungry. Smile

7 miles done, legs were a lil heavy, but it was only seven hours since last nights run.

Hope everyone has a great day!

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

meaghansketch

Good morning dailies!

Will go out for 6-8 in a bit.

I think I've decided on a goal race for this fall, a 10K at the end of October.  That's 21 weeks from this Saturday, so I think I'll be restarting Daniels at the 21 weeks out mark.  I am planning a HM somewhere in there (last week of September or 1st week of October) but I think I can pull off a decent result on 10K specific training since my long run is staying in the 12-14 range and Daniels has a bunch of T-pace and M-pace work.  It won't give me as good of a result as if I trained for it, but this season is all about 5K-10K, and I can start building endurance off of that speed this winter.

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  SRD or a run with hubby.  Not sure yet.  I might bike instead to let the lungs be ready for my LR tomorrow.

LRB, hmmm, now I am hungry.  Thanks!

Dave, yes, we are always hungry!  Nice 7.

Meaghan, enjoy the run and good luck with the 10K training.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

delicate flower

Hello there, friends of this here online running community.  I could be experiencing the shortest marathon recovery in the history of running.  I've got a little muscle soreness, but I feel pretty darn good otherwise.   Nothing "hurts."  I am pretty dang sleepy though.  Django Unchained was on last night and I got sucked into watching it past my bedtime (still got a half hour to go).  5-6 miles planned after work.  Wife and I are taking tomorrow off from work to tend to a few things.

No bread for me right now, but I do have a blueberry bagel to eat at some point this morning.

<3

happylily

I liked Django. Cool movie. Been watching Fargo, the series. Bizarre first shows, but very promising.

I have 11 easy tonight, but I will try a couple miles at tempo just to test how much I've slowed down since the temperature in the garage has turned into a steady 68-70F. 5k Intervals have been doable, but I find that my overall easy speed is not as easy as it was two months ago. I also have an appointment at 3:15 p.m. at the Heart Institute for an ultra-sound on my lungs. My doc detected near pulmonary hypertension last year but he decided it was not officially there, just borderline. He'll be checking again today to see if it's better or has got worse. Some days I feel that my lungs are about to explode, and some days I tell myself that I wouldn't be running if I had full blown lung hypertension.

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

Morning all.

I am having my daily bowl of Quaker Oatmeal Squares. Wife has left to take the kids to school, so I'm just sitting here next to my MIL who is visiting for like 2 weeks. No further comment.

Muggy out there. 8 miles.

Dave

happylily

And put lettuce, tomato, mayo and two eggs over-medium on it thanks.  lol

haha... just read that. 

Rick, what's the big event you'll start training for in 60 days? Detroit?

Django Unchained was on last night and I got sucked into watching it past my bedtime (still got a half hour to go). 

So you have only watched 3.5 hours of it so far?

Dave

happylily

Morning all.

I am having my daily bowl of Quaker Oatmeal Squares. Wife has left to take the kids to school, so I'm just sitting here next to my MIL who is visiting for like 2 weeks. No further comment.

Muggy out there. 8 miles.

You're sitting next to your MIL at the breakfast table and posting on a runners forum? This won't end well... lol

From the Internet.

G'morning! Crazy busy lately - all work all the time except for Monday, which I spent in a very bad state of having had far too much fun with my cousin/childhood BFF, who happens to be a bartender now, on Sunday   Next week is looking a little less ridiculous.

I did my first ever sorta-tempo run yesterday! Planned for 5 easy but only had 40 minutes left at the end of the day. Was going to do a half-mile, brief rest, half-mile, cool down, but the second half mile turned into a full mile and I had to force myself to slow down after. It felt awesome, so maybe too easy to be a real tempo effort - was in the high 8:40s according to Garmin though, so maybe I'd be feeling it if I had run more than one single mile at that pace. Legs still feel good today, no soreness at all Big grin Heading to the gym shortly and then yoga at noon.

B-Plus

8 in a few

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

No running today, but we're getting ready to either go for a walk or a hike before work.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Docket_Rocket

I liked Django. Cool movie. Been watching Fargo, the series. Bizarre first shows, but very promising.

I have 11 easy tonight, but I will try a couple miles at tempo just to test how much I've slowed down since the temperature in the garage has turned into a steady 68-70F. 5k Intervals have been doable, but I find that my overall easy speed is not as easy as it was two months ago. I also have an appointment at 3:15 p.m. at the Heart Institute for an ultra-sound on my lungs. My doc detected near pulmonary hypertension last year but he decided it was not officially there, just borderline. He'll be checking again today to see if it's better or has got worse. Some days I feel that my lungs are about to explode, and some days I tell myself that I wouldn't be running if I had full blown lung hypertension.

Good luck at the doctor, Lily!

I loved Django.  "The D is silent, motherfucker!"

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page